Thing/Alien crossover

Started by DoomRulz, Jan 31, 2012, 03:03:11 PM

Author
Thing/Alien crossover (Read 53,771 times)

mastermoon

mastermoon

Only Fire can kill The Thing, or as done in the book "Who Goes There?" for the blood drops and small parts, dissolved with sulphuric acid or destroyed by electricity.

Xenomorph acid would be very effective on The Thing.

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 01, 2012, 11:51:45 PM
If it's each little bit working in concert to imitate one organism, then the Alien wouldn't be able to tell the difference since it's a perfect imitation down to the smallest detail.

That doesn't hide the fact that it, The Thing is made up of multiple different consciousness.

Similarly, people are an amalgamation of billions of cells working together to create a person, the difference is that those individual cells don't break off and do their own thing if separated from the whole.

The Thing is very different from other creatures in the fact that human blood cells do not think and that goes for most other creatures to.

It works more often than it doesn't, though - there's also the robotic Aliens (Jerry from 'Aliens: Stronghold' and the one from 'Aliens: Harvest' whose name I'm forgetting) who successfully infiltrated Alien hives and interacted with real Aliens numerous times based on pheromones alone.

Yeah Jerry was more than likely made from Xenomorphs.

QuoteSilicon is inorganic material
Not exactly. :)
[/quote]

I would not trust a thing Docteur saubens had to say.

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 02, 2012, 12:20:02 AM
I said an Alien not Aliens and there is no proof those doors were stronger than those in present day, nothing in that film say it is.

Bull an Alien Warrior in AvP:R easily rammed through 6 inchs of steel instantly.  It took them a bit longer in Aliens to break 3 inchs of steel  ergo steel is much better in the future.

Armored Quartz has a compression strength of 160,000 p.s.i. One Alien Warrior with one punch punched right through it.  The strongest steel we have now is 3 times stronger than conventional steel.  Ergo steel that is made during the time of Aliens is a lot stronger. 

1018 Mild Steel
Yield Strength, psi    53,700 x 3 = 161,100 p.s.i.

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 02, 2012, 12:20:02 AM
The Thing is mostly immune to physical damage, it will just alter its form. An alien wouldn't have much of a chance, regardless if it could kill that other guy.

Yes the Aliens would be able to break free easily from the thing if it grapples the Alien.  It will have to deal with the fact that alien can and will adapt to fighting the Thing, ether the Thing will die out OR it will go into hiding only attacking the creatures that or in the bottom of the food chain on the planet they are on.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Feb 02, 2012, 01:33:28 AM
If it's each little bit working in concert to imitate one organism, then the Alien wouldn't be able to tell the difference since it's a perfect imitation down to the smallest detail.

That doesn't hide the fact that it, The Thing is made up of multiple different consciousness.

The Thing is very different from other creatures in the fact that human blood cells do not think and that goes for most other creatures to.

neither does the thing. the drops of blood jumped instinctively when McReady burned them. that means they had no idea they even had to hide, that they were in danger, they just reacted like a microorganism would, escaping from the harm. they were not smart, only alive. they are as smart as the size of the form they take allows, thus, they only start being truly smart once grouped in a complex organism and then, they act like one big brain.

QuoteYeah Jerry was more than likely made from Xenomorphs.

nothing indicates that. it's wishful thinking.

QuoteI would not trust a thing Docteur saubens had to say.

good for you, now present a rebutal.

and again, Psi are messures of PRESSURE. those resistance numbers correspond to a general uniform force applied from a large mass of fluid. not localized, precise forces like a hit from the alien's head or their claws. they would help if they were the resistance of certain sector of material, for example, 160,000 p.s.i. per square centimeter.

and the thing is not something that has to hide. it's a freaking spore. an alien could kill one and it would be covered in things, every particle, every single cell can regenerate provided it has something to consume. an alien could slash it, stab it, rip it, tear it, chop it, crush it and it would still be alive, because, as the laws of conservation state, matter cannot be destroyed or created, only transformed, and the only transformation that can hurt the thing is the chemical one.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 02, 2012, 12:26:25 AM
Predalien's haven't been portrayed in any media that any right thinking individual would consider canon to either Alien or Predator franchises, respectfully. Regardless of what Magic Powers they have in comic books or some half baked script. They do no exist in this dojo.

Yes they do exist in the same universe.  The Aliens: Saga special feature that comes with the Aliens Anthology set confirms that the games, comics, novels, and movies are in the Same Saga.

Like I was saying once the Thing has to started dealing with Xenomorphs that use Acids regularly or adapt to using them, the Thing will be doomed.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 01, 2012, 04:36:20 PM
It's hard to see what your saying in this post. English be damned, but I see "AvP:R" and more "Predalien" stuff and now poison tails. Most of that didn't even happen in the AVP films (which continue to be invalid into this paragraph.) So I can only image that these are comic book attempts at expanding the classic canon.

It did happen actually, the producer and directors of AvP:R in the commentary said that the Predalien Queen has infectious bacterial poison in its tail blade, and that said poison kills Dallas younger brother.

ve expansion on a vague line from a movie with no on screen presence or evidence of off screen presence.

If you are talking about 'Bio-Imperatives' we have seen it in the movies, why do you think that aliens change appearances movie to movie, before you say it I am talking about a in universe explanation.  Anyway we have seen Aliens use "Bio-Imperatives" in extreme cases in AvP:E, AvP arcade, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Aliens: Once in a lifetime, maybe Aliens: Kidnapped, limited degree Aliens: Purge.

Now if you keep ignoring the full capabilities of the Xenomorphs you will end up forfeiting this argument.     

You seem confused. You never said those things. I did.

No the following comment that I am not deleting below this comment, was in response to both the comments that you made that appeared un-commented on.

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Feb 01, 2012, 10:37:55 PM
I don't think so, the Xenomorph is not only a inorganic entity, but it also has a powerful immune system.  We have seen that the Thing can not assimilate inorganic material, we also have seen in the Special edition of the Thing that when it is assimilating something, it no longer has cells in its body, since that is the case it can't be imitating the Alien and assimilating at the same time.

The Alien is an organic entity. It's not a sword, or a brick. It had a life cycle. It's purpose is to breed. To survive. Nothing inorganic tries to survive because it was never alive to begin with. The Alien is an organism. A life form. Not some robot or machine.

Actually they are very close to being considered Bioroids.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110915091625.htm

Also if you read a part of my comment that "they are based similarly to Silicon-Carbon based life,"  you may not have noticed I put similar in that sentence.

Quote from: KingAngel ofthe Outergulf on Feb 01, 2012, 07:46:01 AM
A couple other things to point out is that the thing is a sentient creature.  It has shown a great desire to survive and in effect has shown that it has a fear of death, otherwise it would not become separate creatures if the main body is going to die.  The reason I point this out is because the Aliens have shown to be cosmic horrors, they have caused people to have constant horrifying dreams about them, even if said people had never seen or heard of a Xenomorph.  The Queen Mother was able to even manipulate people through there dreams, possibly even causing them to go insane.

More unimaginative sprinkles from the lesser peddlers of comics. If those ideas had any legitimacy they would have bet money of putting it into a film. Something more risky than a couple hundred pages of Alien themed pulp.

It matters not that it was not in the film, it is in the Saga. 

sa·ga/ˈsägə/
Noun:   
A long story of heroic achievement.
A long, involved story, account, or series of incidents.

Examples of the word Saga being used.

"We've stuck to a very clear branding strategy for the past decade. This is Star Wars. Individual movies come and go, as do TV shows, video games, books. They all contribute to the lore of Star Wars, but in the end it is one saga and that saga is called Star Wars. We've wanted to send a clear message to our fans that everything we do is part of that overall saga."
    ―Jim Ward

"This might be the third installment of the "Men in Black" saga, but it's going to be taking fans back in time. These stills don't do a great job of showcasing when "Men in Black 3″ is about, i.e. J traveling back in time to save K and, virtually, the whole world. Still, it's nice to see Jones and Smith back in black, replete with shades, crazy guns and memory-erasing devices."
  ―IFC

"And today, 19 December 2001, it comes to theaters that which is, both consciously and unconsciously, perhaps the most awaited film of the whole history of cinema, the movie that some million people have been unaware to be waiting for since years, or even hoped to be finally (and after a few disappointing false starts) brought to life by some director: The Lord of the Rings – now its first episode, The Fellowship of the Ring –, from the J.R.R. Tolkien's saga bearing the same title."
  ―C.E.S.N.U.R.

And to say that The Thing is 'afraid' is stretching the definition of survival instincts. By that rational everything from brine shrimp to human beings are afraid of death. Rather, a instinctual desire/program to survive. Everything living has it. Even fictional living things. Even the Aliens, who by your definition aren't even alive.

QuoteSelf-preservation is behavior that ensures the survival of an organism. It is universal among living organisms.[citation needed] Pain and fear are parts of this mechanism.

QuoteFear causes the organism to seek safety and may cause a release of adrenaline, which has the effect of increased strength and heightened senses such as hearing, smell, and sight. Self-preservation may also be interpreted figuratively; in regard to the coping mechanisms one needs to prevent emotional trauma from distorting the mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-preservation

Yes I would say fear effects the Thing. 

Unlikely. Considering The Thing imitates it's prey perfectly in everyday. Everything the prey knows The Thing learns and applies to it's already vast amount of knowledge. The Alien's learning curve just wouldn't keep up.

Well since you have been trying to pull the non-card with me on things that are canon, I will point out that never has it been said that the Thing "Perfectly Imitates it's host".  There is no reason that the thing would be able to mask all its thoughts or intentions from psychic creatures.  The Things Learing curve is not going to help it in this fight, especially if the Aliens have come from a host that was already brilliant, or a extremely deadly combatant.

You go on to quote and reference the magnificently written and illustrated Aliens: Labyrinth. But in doing so you shoot holes in your own statement

I see your one of those type of debaters that tries to intimidate the other person, and or make them doubt there own sources.  Yeah it is not working :)

P.S. You are talking about the Black mold I presume, well funny-thing about that is that it took a very long time for it to kill a already dysfunctional hive.  Dr. Church tried weaponizing it to use on normal hives, it never worked.

about the Aliens being immune to disease because of their super spiffy 'bio-imperative' fueled immune systems. ;) But that's okay. You get a pass because as great as the story was, it was still a comic book and doesn't count.

It does count  ;)

The Aliens: Saga special feature that comes with the Aliens Anthology set confirms that the games, comics, novels, and movies are in the Same Saga.

sa·ga/ˈsägə/
Noun:   
A long story of heroic achievement.
A long, involved story, account, or series of incidents.

It should also be noted that they cannibalized that comic in many ways for the film Alien:Resurrection. Which as a result, was very comic bookey. And there for less compelling and campy.

Well it was written by Joss Whedon, the guy that has written X-men comics and is working on the Avengers movie.

1) It's like you don't even read the other posts in this thread and just keep on truckin' with this unbelievable fanboy stuff.

I used Canon material, but to call me a fanboy when you are obviously a "Thing" fanboy is hypocritical.

I did read the other post, they had errors.

You actually typed out "Anti-Thing enzyme." and for that I juuuust cannot bring myself to continue responding to these types of posts logically.

2) ... uh. Just no.

Not that I needed you to confirm it, but if you can't come up with a canon way for the Thing to annihilate the Xenomorph species, you should come to terms that it is true and move on.  :)

Nero, Xenomrph. You make good points that I missed pointing out. Especially with bones on a molecular level. Fatality post right there!

The problem with the Thing is that it can't assimilate the Alien when it is emulating one, which means pretty much it flat out cant assimilate an Alien.  They should in the Special edition of the Thing that when it is assimilating something it has no cells, it is not emulating anything, ergo it is not immune to acids nor the other biological weapons Xenomorphs use.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 02, 2012, 02:18:59 AM
neither does the thing. the drops of blood jumped instinctively when McReady burned them. that means they had no idea they even had to hide, that they were in danger, they just reacted like a microorganism would, escaping from the harm. they were not smart, only alive. they are as smart as the size of the form they take allows, thus, they only start being truly smart once grouped in a complex organism and then, they act like one big brain.

What I am getting as it the parts act independently from each other.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 02, 2012, 02:18:59 AMYeah Jerry was more than likely made from Xenomorphs.

nothing indicates that. it's wishful thinking.[/quote]

Aliens: Purge.  The Doctor involved with the operations pointed out that both the morphology of the Aliens and Androids is heavily based on Silicon polymers.  He was able to influence how cloned Queen Aliens developed after learning that fact.  There is a good chance the tech that built Jerry also knew about the similarities and cloned most of the parts he needed to build Jerry from Aliens.

The website looks like a infomercial website.  Besides that I think you missed a couple things I pointed out.

Organic silicon aka Silica is Silicon dioxide, which is a oxide of silicon.

An oxide (play /ˈɒksaɪd/) is a chemical compound that contains at least one oxygen atom and one other element in its chemical formula

The creatures biology is H2So4 / HF [H20] 

*H2So4 is Sulfuric acid which has no carbon in it.
*HF is Hydrogen fluoride which has no carbon in it.
*[H20] is Water, it doesn't have carbon in it.

All of these are inorganic.

It appears to be similar to carbon-silicon based life.  The key word is similar to.

Its morphology is heavily based off Silicon polymers.

Notice it says Silicon not Organic silicon or Silica or Silicon dioxide.

and again, Psi are messures of PRESSURE. those resistance numbers correspond to a general uniform force applied from a large mass of fluid. not localized, precise forces like a hit from the alien's head or their claws. they would help if they were the resistance of certain sector of material, for example, 160,000 p.s.i. per square centimeter.

P.S.I. is Pounds per Square Inch, not per square centimeter. 

and the thing is not something that has to hide. it's a freaking spore. an alien could kill one and it would be covered in things, every particle, every single cell can regenerate provided it has something to consume. an alien could slash it, stab it, rip it, tear it, chop it, crush it and it would still be alive, because, as the laws of conservation state, matter cannot be destroyed or created, only transformed, and the only transformation that can hurt the thing is the chemical one.

That is why I mentioned the Aliens that as standard have massive acid spewing capabilities, and also mentioned that Aliens can adapt to use lots of acid more often.  In addition to this the Aliens can adapt to make a anti-thing enzyme.  They have adapted to many many different types of problems before, this will not be a big problem for them ether.

chupacabras acheronsis

What I am getting as it the parts act independently from each other.

[/quote]

so like a normal body.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 02, 2012, 02:18:59 AMYeah Jerry was more than likely made from Xenomorphs.

nothing indicates that. it's wishful thinking.

Aliens: Purge.  The Doctor involved with the operations pointed out that both the morphology of the Aliens and Androids is heavily based on Silicon polymers.  He was able to influence how cloned Queen Aliens developed after learning that fact.  There is a good chance the tech that built Jerry also knew about the similarities and cloned most of the parts he needed to build Jerry from Aliens.

[/quote]

why would you even acknowledge that comic? anyways, Purge is set way after the events in hive and stronghold, Jerri is not related.

The website looks like a infomercial website.  Besides that I think you missed a couple things I pointed out.

Organic silicon aka Silica is Silicon dioxide, which is a oxide of silicon.

An oxide (play /ˈɒksaɪd/) is a chemical compound that contains at least one oxygen atom and one other element in its chemical formula

The creatures biology is H2So4 / HF [H20] 

*H2So4 is Sulfuric acid which has no carbon in it.
*HF is Hydrogen fluoride which has no carbon in it.
*[H20] is Water, it doesn't have carbon in it.

All of these are inorganic.

It appears to be similar to carbon-silicon based life.  The key word is similar to.

Its morphology is heavily based off Silicon polymers.

Notice it says Silicon not Organic silicon or Silica or Silicon dioxide.

where did you get that creature biology from?

P.S.I. is Pounds per Square Inch, not per square centimeter.

i missworded i'll give you that.

That is why I mentioned the Aliens that as standard have massive acid spewing capabilities, and also mentioned that Aliens can adapt to use lots of acid more often.  In addition to this the Aliens can adapt to make a anti-thing enzyme.  They have adapted to many many different types of problems before, this will not be a big problem for them ether.

can you back any of these claims with sources? how about if an alien faces a thing physically larger than it? how could it spew more acid than it's body volume can contain? how can the alien adapt an enzime fast enough to counteract the assimilation? where was this shown?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Predalien's haven't been portrayed in any media that any right thinking individual would consider canon to either Alien or Predator franchises, respectfully. Regardless of what Magic Powers they have in comic books or some half baked script. They do no exist in this dojo.
Yes it does, the EU stuff is fair game in this part of the forum. :P

QuoteYeah Jerry was more than likely made from Xenomorphs.
No, he's a robot, same model as the one from Harvest. He's designed to look like an Alien, but he's definitely not an Alien. The comics are very clear on that point.

QuoteI would not trust a thing Docteur saubens had to say.
Why not, exactly?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Feb 01, 2012, 10:06:06 PM
Absolutely! You have to take into consideration the collected intelligence of The Thing on top of it's already 'top of the food chain' credentials. [...]
Yeah, I was more like talking about the availability of those tools in the environment more than anything.

if it can be killed by a sword, it must be alive enough to die. lol. Retarded wording I know, but I'm sure you get the point!
:laugh: I do I do. I thought the flames would be enough for any Thing to back out.

Someone should change the name of this thread to "The Thing Versus _____"
YES! Much more fun that way.  8)

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Alien's appearance is more likely age than anything else and i have not seen them adapt in the way you say kingangel, and even if and that is a big if, they could adapt to fight a thing, you forgot two things, 1) The thing would kill an alien right there and then so it would have no time to adapt. 2) a thing is potentially far stronger than a xenomorph due to the potential size of the creature, even a man sized thing easily picked up a man (with just its head) and killed him. Xenomorphs are deadly creatures who are awesome but the likelihood of a single xenomorph which only has its tail, claws and inner jaw to work with against a creature than can have any appendage or limb it wants is pretty much telling how such an encounter would end, the alien being able to spit acid would only effect the area of the thing it hit, so unless an alien can spew up more than its body size in acid then it has no chance.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 02, 2012, 06:09:23 AM
Absolutely! You have to take into consideration the collected intelligence of The Thing on top of it's already 'top of the food chain' credentials. [...]
Yeah, I was more like talking about the availability of those tools in the environment more than anything.

Which is why you should have finished quoting me.  ;D

I'm sure it could figure out fire resistant shield. Especially in a world/realm of Dragons where such scales and crafts would be readily available.

And that would be everywhere a dragon would be. Or at least, where ever a dragon's territory overlapped with a being capable of using said materials for offensive/defensive purposes.

if it can be killed by a sword, it must be alive enough to die. lol. Retarded wording I know, but I'm sure you get the point!

:laugh: I do I do. I thought the flames would be enough for any Thing to back out.

True. The Thing would have to do what it does best and perfectly imitate the dragons next meal. Perhaps a deer, or some other sizable woodland creature high in protein.  ;D Unless the dragon in question is from Reign of Fire, wherein they eat f**king ash.  :-\ Then The Thing would have to copy Matthew McConaughey and learn his super fly axe attack!  ;D

Someone should change the name of this thread to "The Thing Versus _____"

YES! Much more fun that way.  8)

Well that's up to the thread's creator! *blink blink*

And as entertaining at is was KingAngel ofthe Outergulf our exchange has become more work than what's it's worth. I am the Alien and you are The Thing and I shrivel in your superior ability to copy and paste (the perfect imitation) irrelevant information and your complete lack of logical symmetry.

When all you had to say was their magical bio-imparative enables them to learn how to throw dynamite.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I must have expressed myself wrongly. I wanted to say that it is not a given that those instruments and tools are available during the Fight.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 02, 2012, 05:12:27 AM
so like a normal body.

Every little bit of it is a creature, the more of this creature that sticks to gather the more intelligent it is.  That is why the smaller ones are not quite smart enough to escape danger.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 02, 2012, 02:18:59 AMYeah Jerry was
why would you even acknowledge that comic? anyways, Purge is set way after the events in hive and stronghold, Jerri is not related.

No both scientists in the stories they are featured in have a superior understanding of the creature than 90% of the people in the Alien Predator universe.  They will have very similar if not the same findings up to a point.  The Doctor in Purge is superior to the ones in Hive and Stronghold.

I acknowledge that comic because it is in the Saga, and it supports my own research on the Intervacius-Raptus.

By the way I did a checkup on all the equipment humans use to INFILTRATE hives.

It only works if you don't move, and/or make sounds.  Even then the Royal Guard knew something was wrong with Norbert and attacked it.  Same with the guys in Stronghold, they could not be around the creatures AND use their devices and expect them to work.  Even Jerry is attacked and from what I is seen of him he ether avoids contact with Aliens and or doesn't move when they are around so to not be attacked by Xenomorphs.

Same guys for Grant corps infrasonic suppression equipment.  You do anything threatening around them and/or make loud noises you are dead.

This is why all the Marines and other branches of the United Americas are not equipped with any of this equipment because it will be dead weight to them, it will not help them in the end.

where did you get that creature biology from?

The first disc in the Alien anthology set "Alien".

i missworded i'll give you that.

Also P.S.I. is not calculated with only fluids, it is anything that exerts Force.

For instance a morningstar can delver 1300 psi on an object/target.

can you back any of these claims with sources?

Every movie, comic, book, and game with the Alien in it.  For instance in AvP:E it is said in the lore that the Queen has access to vast biological database for evolutionary responses for uses against the hives enemies.

QuoteThe Ravager is presumed to be the Intervacius-Raptus evolutionary response to the heavier military equipment brought to bear by more advanced species. This massive beast towers above other Intervacius-Raptuss and is uniquely terrifying presence in battle. Instead of just having hands, its upper extremities terminate in "hull blades" capable of easily slicing through even advanced armors and metals. A Ravager is developed from a Praetorian.

It can evolve into a Colossal Ravager.

QuoteA Colossal Resilience to damage including Energy and Heat based weapons, and an immunity to all weapons but heavy caliber weapons because of a new chitinous shell that has formed over the skin.

An ability to perform a rapid internal restorative process called regenesis. Regenesis causes a severely damaged Ravager to enter a cataleptic state instead of dying. If a cataleptic Ravager avoids sufficient additional damage, it rapidly rebuilds itself and returns to battle. Decapitated Ravagers can not enter regenesis, nor can a Ravager succeed in its restoration if attacked with fire based weapons.

The things that Aliens can do to evolve is limitless.

Onslaught Genome
QuoteWhen needed Human based Warriors can evolve to become more suitable for heavy assault. First it develops hardened chitinous ridges that enable it to penetrate tougher armors. Second it develops a redundant vascular life support system, enabling it to continue fighting even after sustaining crippling damage including limb loss. Third, it improves its already amazing abilities to regenerate itself with the add assistance from hive web. The Later two abilities combine to enable the creature to regenerate lost limbs and return to perfect health fast through sustained healing at the hive.

Stalker
QuoteA larger, slightly more agile and stronger verson of the Alien warrior.

Alien Arachnoid
QuoteA special evolution of the Alien species that is equipped with stronger leg muscles, allowing for quicker movement and high jumps.

Smasher
QuoteThis special evolution of the Alien species is equipped with a reinforced caparace above the skull.

Defender
QuoteThis special evolution of the Alien species is equipped with reinforced arm caparace, allowing for them to literally "block" most attacks (including some gunfire shots)

Chrysalis
QuoteThe Chrysalis is a special spawn of the Alien queen that has a circular exoskeleton caparace, allowing it to do flips through the floor and ram opponents.  It also hops around and uses its claws, fangs, and tail to attack enemies.  Beware!

Razor Claw
QuoteThe Alien known as Razor Claws by the human soldiers is an abomination in genetic mutation.  Through a genetic malfunction in the cocoon process, this Alien was born with extraordinary claws, which are razor-sharp.

Few things to point out about the Razor claw is that more than ac couple possible appear  in Aliens: Rogue AND the Wraith Aliens look similar to a Razor Claws.

This is only the tip of the iceberg

1)The can evolve in more ways than this.

2)These were the ones that came from humans, think about that.

In Aliens: Once in a lifetime, the main character hypothesis that the Aliens have a bio-imperatives, which is heavily confirmed in AvP:E, Aliens: Once in a lifetime, AvP:Arcade, AvP:D.O.T.S., Aliens: Purge, really every story in every medium, which is also why the Predaliens physical features and functions change. 

Alternatively instead of using a enzyme to protect themselves from the Thing, they could instead just use mutagenic acids like the Oswoc Drone does.  Not only would it burn the Thing but if any parts survives they will be covered in tumors, effectively making it impossible for those parts to function.

how about if an alien faces a thing physically larger than it?

By that point the Thing will have to deal with the whole hive.  If this hive is on a planet with a pro-life Eco system that the Aliens have taken over like "Xenomorph Prime" there are so many Aliens on it that when they are all active the surface of the planet is completely blocked from view, only the tops of mountains can be seen.

Earth, Salazar VII, LV-1201, LV-742 also had insanely high and growing populations of Xenomorphs.  Once the Xenomorphs take control of the ecosystem of a planet you are not getting it back without heavy heavy loss.  I might add out of all the planets that I mentioned only Earth was EVENTUALLY taken back, this similar story has playout out on many many many planets.  They have after all wiped out all advanced space fair life in the Galaxy and or Universe almost instantly
during the times before man could go into space.

Look at this, this is Blairs 2nd projection.

QuoteProjection: if intruder organism reaches civilized areas...
entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact

The Xenomorphs did what the Thing did in a fraction of the time on Earth, against hostile terrestrial life.

I will also point out that the largest Thing was the Cloud B4 carrier,  aliens that come from Crocodiles, most likely any Reptile, large animals, Wraiths, Pilots, and Whales that are warriors will dwarf Cloud BF carrier.  If they evolve into other types of Xenomorphs including a Queen or even the rare War Empress it would make Cloud B4 carrier look like a twig.

Also Cloud B4 carrier appears to be immobile.

Now if we are talking about planets were Aliens can not make a large hive because the place they have has a Eco-system that does not support life, the thing can only target Xenomorphs.  It is doomed to fail here because it cant

1)Assimilate inorganic material
2)Prevent the very acidic acids from burning it.

how could it spew more acid than it's body volume can contain?

They apparently regenerate said Acid quickly. 

Look how much a Pilot Alien spews out, most Things that I have seen will be dead very quickly from that much acid.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120202213144/avp/images/c/cb/Sans_titre3.jpg

Pratarions spew out close to that amount.

how can the alien adapt an enzime fast enough to counteract the assimilation? where was this shown?

The Alien itself or when a Queen is around, can evolve just as quickly as the grow, and from what we have seen and red, The plan out their attacks very quickly and in depth, they see farther than 2 min into there attacks.  This is especially true for the Queen Mother, she is able to observe events psychically from the other end of Galaxy.  She has even manipulated the main characters to do her biding.

Aliens:Hive
QuoteHere They come.  "Gill, that is the aperture through the field.  Do You see It?  "Classic strategy.  Potter didn't anticipate their cleverness.  "Have you ever seen anything move so quickly?  "They'll never even know what hit them.  "I would hate to encounter the Predator that acid defense was evolved to thwart."  It's over quickly for most.  But some of them aren't so lucky.

Aliens:Hive
QuoteAt first only one or two moved.  But others joined quickly...  A mute understanding passing among them...  An understanding born of ritualized and tactile communication.  Their mass built geometrically until they formed a living wall.*

Aliens: Outbreak
QuoteEvidently the Alien Queen is able to communicate in some subconscious fashion.  With other species.  In human beings, these disseminations manifest themselves in the form of pattern nightmares.  The dreams were a lure.  At first we thought we'd be able to contain the spore.  Infestation seemed limited to a narrow geographic range.  And yet for every cluster we found there were ten more just like it.

QuoteThe Alien's subconscious bait transcended class and political boundaries.  We found hives everywhere.  With each new discovery, out hope of destroying the creatures before they entered the civilian population faded.  However we still considered containment an option.  In studying the bionational file we learned their Queen gestated a number of weeks prior to maturation.  Using their experiment as a baseline, I assumed we still had time before any New Queens would become viable.  I was wrong.

QuotePerhaps our worst mistake was underestimating the sheer instinctual cunning of the creatures.  We didn't see the underlying Pattern behind their evolutionary process--the way every facet of their existence was geared toward propagation.  The Queens Matured at whatever speed their survival dictated.  We had assumed the gestation period was time for the Alien embryo to feed and grow, but it was more than that.  I was an opportunity for the unknowing host to spread it's spore to other sites.

QuoteThe civilian authority was weak in the face of the devastation.  When the Generals finally stage their coup it seemed almost--welcome.  The military created testing centers where physicians checked civilians for signs of the Alien infection.  At first the test were voluntary.  Within days that changed.  There were rumors the military was using the pretext of aline infection to eliminate political dissident--the poor, the diasaffected--As if such petty rivalries even mattered.

QuoteVital services--water, electricity-- began to fail.  We've heard of infestations in Europe, Australia.  The seed is growing with remarkable speed.  From all this I've come to understand something about humanity.  Man is an animal, driven by animal passions.  "Civilization" is a pathetic charge of manners, predicated on a tissue--thin veil of lies.  In the future--if there is a future-- historians may blame out failures on some external cause--the Aliens.  Bionational. Fate.  I know the truth.  Those things didn't destroy us.  We did.

QuoteDamn them damn them all to hell.  They thought they could breed the monsters.  The monsters were breading us!

Aliens: Nightmare Asylum
QuoteI watched them disappear in the darkness.  I let them Go--I wanted them to go.  The Alien is the only one I can trust.  Their loyalty transcends human treachery.  Together, we will form a new world.  I will lead man and alien alike toward a new glory, a new beginning--A better tomorrow!  Some of course, will perish in the terrible struggle ahead.  I know that.  I respect it.--But In the end, we will prevail.  I can hear the adulation of the masses as I rescue them from their misery.  I can hear their cries of joy as I inspire them to rebuild out world.  I could feel their love, their admiration--their fear.  We ere on the cusp of a truly historic moment--when the tide would turn against the human disorganization of the past--my boys would make us proud again.

QuoteSquad--come to order!  The time has come to prove yourselves--to show your commanding officer all you have learned.  We must give no quarter.  The others are your enemies.  They must be destroyed!  ATTACK!  I gave you a direct order!

QuoteThe Old Guard must be overthrown-- they must be defeated--!  I see now-- she's trying to turn you against me--You fility bitch!  My God you used me--  You wanted your precious children back and I--I Brought them to you-- The tracked Spreas' ship to Earth--and then there was nothing.  His revolution ended before it had a chance to begin.  The alien wouldn't allow it.

Aliens: Female War
Quote--I felt her strength.  Her utter supremacy.  The pilot of the deflect ship had discovered the aliens genesis--the source of their power.

QuoteWe assumed the Alien infestations were sporadic, arbitrary-- that they bred wherever convenient, like some horrible cancers.  We were WRONG.  They Move with PURPOSE.  She's calling her children back to her."

Quote--It's me you want.  Billie--move over here with me.  That's why you had your babies keep the little girl alive-- you knew we'd come for her.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

It doesn't matter how many xenomorphs there are, unless they can kill every single cell of a thing, it won't die, snap the neck or crush a xenomorph and it ain't getting back up. Xenomorphs are not smart enough to kill a thing and said thing would overtake a world far faster than a xenomorph as its more infectious. A single cell if the thing can take over a human.
humans have killed aliens with bullets and ballistic weapons, the same can't be said with thing.

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 02, 2012, 02:31:38 PM
Alien's appearance is more likely age than anything else and i have not seen them adapt in the way you say kingangel,

*The Aliens in Alien, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AvP, and AvP:R, have more pointed nails which will allow them to puncture armor much better than the Alien warriors in Aliens which had much broader nails which would be good for gouging more flesh out.

*The Aliens in Alien Resurrection, AvP, and AvP:R have better rudder control underwater than the others.

*The Aliens in AvP:R have developed more armor than the others in a similar way that Warriors with the Onslaught Genome have.

*The Queen in Alien Resurrection was unintentionally evolved in a way that alowed her to bare creatures similar in size to a human based warrior.

*The Warriors in AvP and AvP:R have very very heavy tail blades, all creatures in the movies have unknown venom capabilities except for the Queen Predalien.

1) The thing would kill an alien right there and then so it would have no time to adapt.

Once one knows about the Thing the rest will too, if the Queen and or Queen Mother didn't know already.  The Thing can't afford to kill an Alien least it risk its own death from the acid.

Yeah and there are also many many more types of Alien than just the human types.  Lots of them overall in Warrior form much larger than the largest Thing.

2) a thing is potentially far stronger than a xenomorph due to the potential size of the creature, even a man sized thing easily picked up a man (with just its head) and killed him.

The Thing is weak compared to all but the chestbursters and facehuggers.  The Alien in Alien was walking on a chain that was hanging from a ceiling with just its feat, supporting its own body weight and then Brett.

Not to mention the fact that Aliens in Aliens punched/rammed through advanced steel doors that were between 2 inchs - 3 inches, and the pressure door which is around 6-7 inchs.  And  A armored Quartz window with a compression p.s.i. of 160,000.

In Colonial: Marines a Queen without effort rammed through a steel wall 2 feet thick in the game play preview.

A Ravager is know for carving up the titanium hulls of space ships real easy.

Take in mind these are only the HUMAN Based ones.

Predaliens are insanely stronger, Predalien Warrior BG-386, could shake a entire room when it hit the ground with its fists.
The Praetorian-Gorilla Alien had similar physical capabilities.

The Bigger the animal the stronger and bigger the Alien.  Biggest so far are the Whale Aliens.  I do not see the thing doing anything to the Warriors of this type let alone Ravagers or Queens.

Xenomorphs are deadly creatures who are awesome but the likelihood of a single xenomorph which only has its tail, claws and inner jaw to work with against a creature than can have any appendage or limb it wants is pretty much telling how such an encounter would end, the alien being able to spit acid would only effect the area of the thing it hit, so unless an alien can spew up more than its body size in acid then it has no chance.

The major problem with the Thing is is that even though it can have more limbs than an Alien, most are not going to be able to hold it down.  The Thing can't afford to impale it because the acid will melt the Things parts quickly.  If its fighting a Human Warrior with the Onslaught Genome, most of its body has sharp cutting blades on it for destroying armored hostiles, which can be used to get out of entanglement, AND its blood is highly pressurized, the blood is going to get on more than just the part that impaled it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

QuoteThe Thing can't afford to impale it because the acid will melt the Things parts quickly.
Since the Thing wins if any single part of it survives, why would it care if some of it got destroyed by acid if it ended up killing the Alien in the process?

Also you ignored the part about the robot Aliens (Jerri and the one from Harvest) and their ability to infiltrate hives despite obviously not being a part of the "hive mind".

mastermoon

mastermoon

The Thing is an entity made up of proto-plasmic cells, Small pieces of the The Thing will behave as independent organisms.

Now if the Xenomorph were to headbite it or slash it with it's claws, that can make it harder for the Xenomorph.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed