Thing/Alien crossover

Started by DoomRulz, Jan 31, 2012, 03:03:11 PM

Author
Thing/Alien crossover (Read 53,797 times)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Why not Antarctica, like I mentioned before?  Both creatures have already been established there.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: kelgaard on Feb 29, 2012, 04:59:00 AM
Why not Antarctica, like I mentioned before?  Both creatures have already been established there.

Because its a been there, done that scenario, space station can be more isolating especially if all the lights were out and the escape shuttles gone. Anyone still on the space station will have to deal with the thing and the xenomorphs.

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

Quote from: HybridNewborn on Feb 27, 2012, 06:03:01 AM
No, I'm just tired of you being stubborn. My responses will be more articulate when yours are more thought out.

They are thought out, just one little splash of acid from a Xenomorph incapacitated Hicks, the Thing is going to have more than a splash of acid get on it ether because it was barfed at, or because it wounded a Xenomorph.  The Thing recoiled from hot metal, and attack people that were shocking it, besides the fact it screams when it is on fire.  That hot meta, fire and defibrillator, could never do as much damage, or cause as much pain, as the standard acid used by a Xenomorph Warrior.  Said acid will give the Thing incentive not to try and impale a Xenomorph, and or slash it.

You keep saying that, and we keep proving you wrong, so get over it.

Bull you obviously never red the bestiary.  It describes what the Xenomorphs in the AvP:E story can do.  So it is not JUST game mechanics that a Pratarian can spew lots and lots of acid, or a Predalien infects its prey full of acids.

Aliens. Hicks shotguns an Alien in the face. Stop ignoring canon.

Their is a BIG difference between POINT BLANK and CLOSE RANGE.

Actually yes.

Actually no.

'm getting tired of arguing this point with you. Even if they only lose half the time, or less than half the time, they still loose a bunch. The point I was trying to make is that they're not unstoppable and lose a noticeable amount of the time.

I notice you've begun to stop arguing my points and are instead arguing the semantics of how I phrased them.

Perhaps you should reread the comments agian and look at the meaning behind them.  By saying "Aliens lose often" that means they lose alot!  Which is false, however I can say the Thing loses often.  The reason I am pointing this out is because tactical competence plays a factor in this, a factor no one here is looking into.

Your reading comprehension sucks. Go read what I said again. I said we're NOT ignoring the parts we don't like. For f**k's sake.

That's three reading comprehension fails, but as this is the same as a previous one, I'm willing to overlook it. Again, I'm not ignoring anything.

Bull one of your best friends said to "f**k the games."  You constantly are claiming that things I say are from gamemechanics only, I am using the bestiary from both AvP:E, AvP:arcade, the guides, onscreen footage and literature, only when their is nothing written about a particular alien is gamemechanics acceptable to use.

You know what? We've proved you wrong on this so many f**king times it's not even funny anymore.

You have not proved anything in this matter.  You have not taken into consideration that

1)The Aliens already have cleared out a large portion of the galaxy and or universe and there not as many life forms as you would like to think that are left for the Thing to use as full to rebuild or grow,

2) You have automatically assumed that the Thing beats the humans, Yautja, Space Jockeys and whatever is left that the Xenomorphs didn't kill off completely, the Thing, MAY be killed off and or greatly hampered by said creatures, and or there constructs, I grantee a combat syth isn't just going to let a Thing get away with killing its master, and because it is also inorganic, their is nothing the Thing gains from fighting said combat syth.

I wasn't even talking about assimilation. Even if a Thing can't assimilate a xeno, they win by sheer numbers.

By sheer numbers you mean cells in a Thing 'WHEN' it is imitating something?  Having an army of cell sized organisims isn't going to help the Thing fight and or win against the Xenomorph.

I said I was extrapolating. Your reading comprehension has failed you again.

No I am taking into consideration that in order for the Thing to build up it's numbers, it is going to have to assimilate more beings from other planets, which can be a problem for the the Thing because most life in the galaxy has been killed by the Xenomorph, said life also will be on planets that the Thing can't operate on.  This fact alone would make this battle a draw because the Thing would not be able to kill off all the Xenomorphs in the universe.

So you're conveniently ignoring the vehicles visible in the pan-out shot that would allow her to drive back to the boat? Stop ignoring canon.  I am genuinely interested to hear where he says this.

I already wrote where you can find the dialog.

And you know what, I'm not actually that attached to the theory that the Thing will win, it's just that the evidence heavily supports that outcome. There's no emotional investment in it. If there were actual logical evidence I could get behind that the Alien would win, I would support that outcome. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of evidence that the Aliens will put up a hell of a fight, but the match-up seems to come out in the Thing's favor.

Here are the reasons why the Xenomorphs will win in the end.

1)Biological-Imperative
They change/evolve, fast mind you, to deal with the current threat of the hive.  They have a vast database of evolutionary responses at their disposal for dealing with there enemies.  Now your response has been "Well some die from guns so Biological-Imperative = 0 capabilities at best," or "they have been infected with black mold so the Thing can infect it too."

Well to counter your claims, I will point out that the whole reason Onslaught Genomes, Ravagers, and slew of other evolved Xenomorphs, is to COUNTER heavy weaponry, even vehicles or in the case of Ravagers, attack fortifications, and ships.  Their are Xenmorphs that have evolved and or as standard that can take pulse rifle rounds and bigger, and have no effect on them PERIOD.  You will notice in the stories that the humans constantly have new weapons in the stories, that is because the Aliens keep evolving to be more dangerous.  The only time they can't really evolve is if they do not have a Queen/Empress/War Empress/Queen Mother(on same planet)   Go ahead look at all the stories, the weapons get more and more advanced, bigger meaner. 

As for chemical, and biological weapons used on them, I will point out that the black mold was used on a strange breed of alien, but if needed (like if the whole species were in danger) the Aliens can evolve to protect themselves from it.  I will also point out that the Juice that was effective at killing anything it touched in Xenogen, is no longer used on the aliens.  There THREE reasons WHY humans would stop using it on Xenomorphs,

1)They don't have the ingredients, to make it anymore( unlikely), The Queen Mother made them stop making/using the juice(possible), OR they evolved and it has no effect on them (more than likely because bio-imperative is one of their most powerful abilities.)

Also I will point out that when you do have the capabilities to protect yourself from diseases, infections, it is easier to protect yourself from said diseases than it is to defend yourself against ballistic weapons even if you have the armor.  So-much can go wrong when ballistics are concerned it isn't funny.  Lets say you got yourself a turtle shell, and a guy shots you right were your ribs should be with a S&W 500 anti-Trex 700 milligram round.  The shell probably wont let the bullet through HOWEVER the force from the shell will probably destroy your ribs, you could very well still die even though the bullet didn't get through the armor.  Antibiotics on the other hand if you are not allergic to them, and its the right type, will work 100%

The Aliens are constantly having to deal with an enemy that changes there weapons, they ether keep using better armor piercing ammo, higher caliber weapons, or energy weapons.  They fact that these weapons are changed often should tell you that they lose there effectiveness.

The Thing on the other hand can only infect a creature in one way.  Now take in mind that their are massive amounts of planets that the Xenomorphs have taken over in a long long period of time.  On the planets that have a pro-life ecosystem that the Aliens have taken over, they constantly are building up an army with said exosystem.  On Xenomorph Prime their were so many Aliens on the surface of the Planet, that the Planet surface could not be seen except the mountains themselves, we are talk billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on one planet, and its close to being like this on all planets they control with an pro-life active ecosystem. 

I will also point out that in Xenogenesis that the teammembers were concurend with getting acid on their suits, because it could kill them.  Xenogenesis takes place after a good majority of stories I presume, so why would they not be using the special alloys that are made to defeat the effects of acid?  Well the answer it ether they lots the ability to make acid prof armor OR the Aliens evolved to use a different acid, or enzymes, or anything else that is very caustic.  The last is more likely because of Bio-Imperative.

2)Xenomorphs that come from different host have different capabilities

This goes along with Bio-Imperative but I will point out that Xenomorphs from other host creatures can be immensely more durable, stronger, bigger than human born Xenomorphs.  The Predalien Warrior from BG-386 was monsteriously durable, the Predaliens from LV-1201 had to be taken down with sold slugs from a master key and heavier weapons,  The Warriors that came from Whales, were so freaking huge that they dwarf nid Bio-titains, and all the lower end Imperial Titains, Queens, Ravagers ecct, that come from Whales I would freaking hate to see, especially since I saw a panel where a Warrior took a hit to the head from weapons from a Drop ship and it didn't die. 

3)Xenomorphs, are much better tacticians, and are Galacticly aware of what is happening in the Galaxy and or universe.

QuoteThis is true here are some quotes proving what I said above.

Aliens:Hive

Here They come.  "Gill, that is the aperture through the field.  Do You see It?  "Classic strategy.  Potter didn't anticipate their cleverness.  "Have you ever seen anything move so quickly?  "They'll never even know what hit them.  "I would hate to encounter the Predator that acid defense was evolved to thwart."  It's over quickly for most.  But some of them aren't so lucky.

Aliens:Hive

At first only one or two moved.  But others joined quickly...  A mute understanding passing among them...  An understanding born of ritualized and tactile communication.  Their mass built geometrically until they formed a living wall.*

Aliens: Outbreak

Evidently the Alien Queen is able to communicate in some subconscious fashion.  With other species.  In human beings, these disseminations manifest themselves in the form of pattern nightmares.  The dreams were a lure.  At first we thought we'd be able to contain the spore.  Infestation seemed limited to a narrow geographic range.  And yet for every cluster we found there were ten more just like it.

The Alien's subconscious bait transcended class and political boundaries.  We found hives everywhere.  With each new discovery, out hope of destroying the creatures before they entered the civilian population faded.  However we still considered containment an option.  In studying the bionational file we learned their Queen gestated a number of weeks prior to maturation.  Using their experiment as a baseline, I assumed we still had time before any New Queens would become viable.  I was wrong.

Perhaps our worst mistake was underestimating the sheer instinctual cunning of the creatures.  We didn't see the underlying Pattern behind their evolutionary process--the way every facet of their existence was geared toward propagation.  The Queens Matured at whatever speed their survival dictated.  We had assumed the gestation period was time for the Alien embryo to feed and grow, but it was more than that.  I was an opportunity for the unknowing host to spread it's spore to other sites.

The civilian authority was weak in the face of the devastation.  When the Generals finally stage their coup it seemed almost--welcome.  The military created testing centers where physicians checked civilians for signs of the Alien infection.  At first the test were voluntary.  Within days that changed.  There were rumors the military was using the pretext of aline infection to eliminate political dissident--the poor, the diasaffected--As if such petty rivalries even mattered.

Vital services--water, electricity-- began to fail.  We've heard of infestations in Europe, Australia.  The seed is growing with remarkable speed.  From all this I've come to understand something about humanity.  Man is an animal, driven by animal passions.  "Civilization" is a pathetic charge of manners, predicated on a tissue--thin veil of lies.  In the future--if there is a future-- historians may blame out failures on some external cause--the Aliens.  Bionational. Fate.  I know the truth.  Those things didn't destroy us.  We did.

Damn them damn them all to hell.  They thought they could breed the monsters.  The monsters were breading us!

Aliens: Nightmare Asylum

I watched them disappear in the darkness.  I let them Go--I wanted them to go.  The Alien is the only one I can trust.  Their loyalty transcends human treachery.  Together, we will form a new world.  I will lead man and alien alike toward a new glory, a new beginning--A better tomorrow!  Some of course, will perish in the terrible struggle ahead.  I know that.  I respect it.--But In the end, we will prevail.  I can hear the adulation of the masses as I rescue them from their misery.  I can hear their cries of joy as I inspire them to rebuild out world.  I could feel their love, their admiration--their fear.  We ere on the cusp of a truly historic moment--when the tide would turn against the human disorganization of the past--my boys would make us proud again.

Squad--come to order!  The time has come to prove yourselves--to show your commanding officer all you have learned.  We must give no quarter.  The others are your enemies.  They must be destroyed!  ATTACK!  I gave you a direct order!

The Old Guard must be overthrown-- they must be defeated--!  I see now-- she's trying to turn you against me--You fility bitch!  My God you used me--  You wanted your precious children back and I--I Brought them to you-- The tracked Spreas' ship to Earth--and then there was nothing.  His revolution ended before it had a chance to begin.  The alien wouldn't allow it.

Aliens: Female War

--I felt her strength.  Her utter supremacy.  The pilot of the deflect ship had discovered the aliens genesis--the source of their power.

We assumed the Alien infestations were sporadic, arbitrary-- that they bred wherever convenient, like some horrible cancers.  We were WRONG.  They Move with PURPOSE.  She's calling her children back to her."

--It's me you want.  Billie--move over here with me.  That's why you had your babies keep the little girl alive-- you knew we'd come for her.

Now remember I was talking about how-many planets the Xenomorphs control AND that the Queen Mother commands all the Aliens in universe.  Think of every planet that the Xenomorphs are on as a wireless router.  The Queen Mother is aware of what is going on on is said areas were their are Xenomorphs.  Now besides the fact the Queen can see what the other species are doing to some degree if not completely, she will know when the Thing comes and attacks one of her planets.

Now I don't think the Thing (All of them that have ever existed) would even be able to take the first planet it came across that the Xenomorphs control and have controlled for awhile.  BUT if the Thing did take that planet it, and was able to infect those Xenomorphs and it went on to the next Xenomorphs planet, odds are that next planet will be able to kill off the Thing, in fact if you take probability in mind and the bio-imperative,  the probability that the Xenomorphs will have adapted to The Thing and have become lethal to it is 100% after a couple planets and like I said there somany planets in the universe that the Aliens are on that they took control of and away from other alien species that they wiped out it isn't even funny.

With Bio-Imperative they can (the have before) adapt to using a lot more acid based weapons/ powerful enyzmes, venoms and such to fight off the Thing.  Now I onisly want you to tell me with a straight face that if the Thing came to a alien controlled world and all those aliens adapted to use acid based weapons that it would survive.  Remember there billions-trillions of the freaking Xenomorphs on Xenomorph prime  Remember that acid bath you said you would need to kill the thing will I grantee billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on just one planet alone will give you that acid bath you asked for and more, not one piece of the Thing will be able to run, see the whole planet is a giant hive with billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on it.  The hives themselves on Xenomorph Prime are linked to the Queen Mother and the Super Aliens, not only that but if the Aliens are using hive nods they have a similar benefit the Queen Mother has and her personal hive.  Nothing can get in these hives without them knowing.

Ok now I will point out a couple things not going for the Thing.

1)It is intelligent but it is not wise AT ALL. 

The Thing makes way to many mistakes. 

*I tired to assimilate the whole group of people in most of its stories.  If it's goal was to leave earth it should have just killed ONE person cleaned up its mess after assimilation and then built its space ship.  The Thing could have told the people at the base not to disturb it because it was running vital tests, building equipment, ecct.

*It didn't try and kill anybody with weapons.  IF IF The Thing could assimilate dead people AND it's goal was to leave Earth, it SHOULD have just taken over one person, then taken possession of the guns and flame thrower and kill everyone like its hunting season like it was freaking scar face and or rambo.  Instead it tried to hide out and kill people by assimilating them, which didn't turn out to be a good plan for it.

*It didn't poison anyone either.  Alternatively it could have just put something in everyone ones food or drinking water that would cause everyone to die, if for some reason it is to SHY to use firearms.

*The smaller they are the dumber.  Case and point the walking head decided to stick around and have a hot dog roast courtesy of it former body.  And then it got set on fire.  (Hint there is a good chance when the thing is covered in acid that if pieces come off them the will sit and watch what is going on, and then be doused in acid/enzymes as well.

*They let Mac live?:  Yeah they could have killed him in South America yet they let him get away uninfected.  From my understanding he was ASLEEP a good while, they could have infected him at that point but didn't.  Maybe the Thing likes being roasted...?  Maybe deep down it wants to fail just like Thantos does.  PS If the Thing can infect everything including plants as chupacabras acheronsis has stated, why did they not infect all of South America?  There so many trees there, animals, it would be so easy and fast to do if it were possible.

Here are a couple other things to point out about the Thing not concerning its lack of strategic thought.

1)As has been shown the bigger the Thing gets the more immobile it gets, most the time if not all the time.

2)When it is not pretending to be some one or some thing, it has no cells ZERO ZIP NADA!  So in this form they really would be easy to control mentally with the Queen Mother considering just how freaking powerful she is mentally..

3)Even if it consumes more than one person it is still imitating whatever it is imitating so it cell count will still remain the same otherwise it is not a prefect imitation.

4)IF the Xenomorph and the Thing switched places between stories the Thing would not survive what the Xenomorph survives.  Case and point a Xenomorph Whale Warrior took hits to the head from weapon mounted on a drop ship.  A Thing would be none existent.  Ravagers were created for fighting the enemy head one even if the enemy is using the heaviest weapons available to it.  The Thing would be obliterated by the weapons used on a Ravager, weapons that the Ravager survives.  S.A.D.A.R.  S.A.D.A.R.MAG, tanks, armored carries, weaponized power armorers with ether rotary cannons or the kill book, a weapon that shots lots and LOTS of RAIL GUN rounds, or radioactive napalm or hell DARK PLASMA, that's all a Predator needs to finish the the Thing.

Now if the Alien were in the Thing stories instead of the Thing it will end with a game over for the humans.

5)The Thing is not meant to be in in every environment.  Case in point if the Thing was not affected by the cold conditions it would have strolled out of their and made its way to were more lifeforms exist that it can assimilate.  Which means it just can't go to every planet that the Xenomorphs occupy.

4)Xenomorphs, are nearly-impossible to impossible to assimilate.

After taking all of these things into consideration the Thing has no hope of killing all the Xenomorphs, not only that but surviving a war with the Xenomorphs.  Not only would it be easier to adapt to the Thing, the Thing is not good at observing the situation and or making good tactical judgements.  Taking into consideration that the Queen Mother could just take over the Things mind and or drive it insaine, AND the population per planet geared towards killing the Thing, the fight becomes pointless to the Thing.

Holy Shit did you just deliberately misquote me? You did! Wow. It's like you're not even trying anymore...

No I corrected your comment, I just assumed you miss-wrote what you wrote like your 17 year old friend did when he was writing to me.  Ether way though your team has said things to me like "comics, games, novels, do not count are not in this dojo" so ehter way my comment is right, your team is trying to de-canonize canon material so they can have a better chance at wining the battle.  Take for instance xenomorph, the person I am talking to on your team, is quote unquote pro-canon except for during this battle he has tried to de-canonize events in Aliens Predator lore.

So I'm not sure what leaving the earth has to do with the hibernation stuff you quoted me about. We don't know what happens next because nobodies released anything that happens chronologically afterwards.

That is its main objective, leave earth, and or infect everything on it.  It has done nether, and lots of it has been permanently killed mainly the games and comics.  Nothing may happen afterwards because as far as the Thing goes the preq was so so and the newest game is unheard of.

PS The Thing was part of the apocalypses trilogy which possible means that the Devil and the Old-ones destroy earth before the Thing gets to leave earth.

Now strand one on a frozen continent with no potential hosts after fighting its way through a space ship that's just crashed through a glacier.

It leaves...

Fair enough. And it will certainly work on non-human-born xeno's or else the Colonial Marines died rather quickly in pretty much all the AvP games and their campaigns were just pre-death hallucinations.

Actually when the Colonial Marines had to fight a Predaliens they required using much heavier weaponry to kill them.  Oh and just so you know most if not all Predaliens have a fantastic defense against, heat and energy based weapons.  To fight reg Ravagers you need very heavy cal weapons, the alien is evolved to fight head long into fortified locations.  Those Weapons are pretty much usless against a Whale based Warrior.

I thought you said that Queen Mothers were connected to all the Aliens everywhere? If this is true, why should it matter if there's a Queen on the planet or not?

Because the local Queen has access to the Aliens related to hers bio-imperative, it is probably some sort of security feature to prevent a hostile Queen from just making all of her enemies Xenomorphs going into hibernation before an attack and or to evolve in to something completely useless.

Really? You think this is a coordinated attack? You think this is 'Team Thing' vs 'Team Alien'? Wow. That's kind of hilarious actually.

Well I quess that sucks for you because I do have a team, and for what ever reason one that is here will not say anything to you.  I think I know why its pretty obvious after being here for a couple months.

No, we're not IM'ing each other. At least I'm not, no idea about the others. As far as I know, we're just a group of people heavily dedicated to a hard-core AvP community who still think the Thing would win this fight because we have the ability to actually look at evidence and draw unbiased conclusions from it.

Yeah you might want to rethink it.  Read my big post above.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Feb 27, 2012, 06:11:15 AM
nice argument by the way. i'm going to bed now, don't get any smarter.

Yeah I forgot to mention  that with egg barfing the Aliens can take over a city with a population of  5,409 in just around 48 hours.  I know how much you love AvP:R just thought you should know they can both spread just as fast if not faster than the Thing.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 27, 2012, 06:38:46 AM
If you're going to make statements like that you're going to have to tell us how old you are.

Sorry you are not the CO or a XO, so go ice skate up a hill monkey boy.

SM

SM

Epic troll is epic.

chupacabras acheronsis

TL;DR

Here are the reasons why the Xenomorphs will win in the end.

1)Biological-Imperative
They change/evolve, fast mind you, to deal with the current threat of the hive.  They have a vast database of evolutionary responses at their disposal for dealing with there enemies.  Now your response has been "Well some die from guns so Biological-Imperative = 0 capabilities at best," or "they have been infected with black mold so the Thing can infect it too."

Well to counter your claims, I will point out that the whole reason Onslaught Genomes, Ravagers, and slew of other evolved Xenomorphs, is to COUNTER heavy weaponry, even vehicles or in the case of Ravagers, attack fortifications, and ships.  Their are Xenmorphs that have evolved and or as standard that can take pulse rifle rounds and bigger, and have no effect on them PERIOD.  You will notice in the stories that the humans constantly have new weapons in the stories, that is because the Aliens keep evolving to be more dangerous.  The only time they can't really evolve is if they do not have a Queen/Empress/War Empress/Queen Mother(on same planet)   Go ahead look at all the stories, the weapons get more and more advanced, bigger meaner.

As for chemical, and biological weapons used on them, I will point out that the black mold was used on a strange breed of alien, but if needed (like if the whole species were in danger) the Aliens can evolve to protect themselves from it.  I will also point out that the Juice that was effective at killing anything it touched in Xenogen, is no longer used on the aliens.  There THREE reasons WHY humans would stop using it on Xenomorphs,

1)They don't have the ingredients, to make it anymore( unlikely), The Queen Mother made them stop making/using the juice(possible), OR they evolved and it has no effect on them (more than likely because bio-imperative is one of their most powerful abilities.)

Also I will point out that when you do have the capabilities to protect yourself from diseases, infections, it is easier to protect yourself from said diseases than it is to defend yourself against ballistic weapons even if you have the armor.  So-much can go wrong when ballistics are concerned it isn't funny.  Lets say you got yourself a turtle shell, and a guy shots you right were your ribs should be with a S&W 500 anti-Trex 700 milligram round.  The shell probably wont let the bullet through HOWEVER the force from the shell will probably destroy your ribs, you could very well still die even though the bullet didn't get through the armor.  Antibiotics on the other hand if you are not allergic to them, and its the right type, will work 100%

The Aliens are constantly having to deal with an enemy that changes there weapons, they ether keep using better armor piercing ammo, higher caliber weapons, or energy weapons.  They fact that these weapons are changed often should tell you that they lose there effectiveness.

The Thing on the other hand can only infect a creature in one way.  Now take in mind that their are massive amounts of planets that the Xenomorphs have taken over in a long long period of time.  On the planets that have a pro-life ecosystem that the Aliens have taken over, they constantly are building up an army with said exosystem.  On Xenomorph Prime their were so many Aliens on the surface of the Planet, that the Planet surface could not be seen except the mountains themselves, we are talk billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on one planet, and its close to being like this on all planets they control with an pro-life active ecosystem.

I will also point out that in Xenogenesis that the teammembers were concurend with getting acid on their suits, because it could kill them.  Xenogenesis takes place after a good majority of stories I presume, so why would they not be using the special alloys that are made to defeat the effects of acid?  Well the answer it ether they lots the ability to make acid prof armor OR the Aliens evolved to use a different acid, or enzymes, or anything else that is very caustic.  The last is more likely because of Bio-Imperative.

2)Xenomorphs that come from different host have different capabilities

This goes along with Bio-Imperative but I will point out that Xenomorphs from other host creatures can be immensely more durable, stronger, bigger than human born Xenomorphs.  The Predalien Warrior from BG-386 was monsteriously durable, the Predaliens from LV-1201 had to be taken down with sold slugs from a master key and heavier weapons,  The Warriors that came from Whales, were so freaking huge that they dwarf nid Bio-titains, and all the lower end Imperial Titains, Queens, Ravagers ecct, that come from Whales I would freaking hate to see, especially since I saw a panel where a Warrior took a hit to the head from weapons from a Drop ship and it didn't die.

3)Xenomorphs, are much better tacticians, and are Galacticly aware of what is happening in the Galaxy and or universe.

Now remember I was talking about how-many planets the Xenomorphs control AND that the Queen Mother commands all the Aliens in universe.  Think of every planet that the Xenomorphs are on as a wireless router.  The Queen Mother is aware of what is going on on is said areas were their are Xenomorphs.  Now besides the fact the Queen can see what the other species are doing to some degree if not completely, she will know when the Thing comes and attacks one of her planets.

Now I don't think the Thing (All of them that have ever existed) would even be able to take the first planet it came across that the Xenomorphs control and have controlled for awhile.  BUT if the Thing did take that planet it, and was able to infect those Xenomorphs and it went on to the next Xenomorphs planet, odds are that next planet will be able to kill off the Thing, in fact if you take probability in mind and the bio-imperative,  the probability that the Xenomorphs will have adapted to The Thing and have become lethal to it is 100% after a couple planets and like I said there somany planets in the universe that the Aliens are on that they took control of and away from other alien species that they wiped out it isn't even funny.

With Bio-Imperative they can (the have before) adapt to using a lot more acid based weapons/ powerful enyzmes, venoms and such to fight off the Thing.  Now I onisly want you to tell me with a straight face that if the Thing came to a alien controlled world and all those aliens adapted to use acid based weapons that it would survive.  Remember there billions-trillions of the freaking Xenomorphs on Xenomorph prime  Remember that acid bath you said you would need to kill the thing will I grantee billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on just one planet alone will give you that acid bath you asked for and more, not one piece of the Thing will be able to run, see the whole planet is a giant hive with billions-trillions of Xenomorphs on it.  The hives themselves on Xenomorph Prime are linked to the Queen Mother and the Super Aliens, not only that but if the Aliens are using hive nods they have a similar benefit the Queen Mother has and her personal hive.  Nothing can get in these hives without them knowing.

Ok now I will point out a couple things not going for the Thing.

1)It is intelligent but it is not wise AT ALL.

The Thing makes way to many mistakes.

*I tired to assimilate the whole group of people in most of its stories.  If it's goal was to leave earth it should have just killed ONE person cleaned up its mess after assimilation and then built its space ship.  The Thing could have told the people at the base not to disturb it because it was running vital tests, building equipment, ecct.

*It didn't try and kill anybody with weapons.  IF IF The Thing could assimilate dead people AND it's goal was to leave Earth, it SHOULD have just taken over one person, then taken possession of the guns and flame thrower and kill everyone like its hunting season like it was freaking scar face and or rambo.  Instead it tried to hide out and kill people by assimilating them, which didn't turn out to be a good plan for it.

*It didn't poison anyone either.  Alternatively it could have just put something in everyone ones food or drinking water that would cause everyone to die, if for some reason it is to SHY to use firearms.

*The smaller they are the dumber.  Case and point the walking head decided to stick around and have a hot dog roast courtesy of it former body.  And then it got set on fire.  (Hint there is a good chance when the thing is covered in acid that if pieces come off them the will sit and watch what is going on, and then be doused in acid/enzymes as well.

*They let Mac live?:  Yeah they could have killed him in South America yet they let him get away uninfected.  From my understanding he was ASLEEP a good while, they could have infected him at that point but didn't.  Maybe the Thing likes being roasted...?  Maybe deep down it wants to fail just like Thantos does.  PS If the Thing can infect everything including plants as chupacabras acheronsis has stated, why did they not infect all of South America?  There so many trees there, animals, it would be so easy and fast to do if it were possible.

Here are a couple other things to point out about the Thing not concerning its lack of strategic thought.

1)As has been shown the bigger the Thing gets the more immobile it gets, most the time if not all the time.

2)When it is not pretending to be some one or some thing, it has no cells ZERO ZIP NADA!  So in this form they really would be easy to control mentally with the Queen Mother considering just how freaking powerful she is mentally..

3)Even if it consumes more than one person it is still imitating whatever it is imitating so it cell count will still remain the same otherwise it is not a prefect imitation.

4)IF the Xenomorph and the Thing switched places between stories the Thing would not survive what the Xenomorph survives.  Case and point a Xenomorph Whale Warrior took hits to the head from weapon mounted on a drop ship.  A Thing would be none existent.  Ravagers were created for fighting the enemy head one even if the enemy is using the heaviest weapons available to it.  The Thing would be obliterated by the weapons used on a Ravager, weapons that the Ravager survives.  S.A.D.A.R.  S.A.D.A.R.MAG, tanks, armored carries, weaponized power armorers with ether rotary cannons or the kill book, a weapon that shots lots and LOTS of RAIL GUN rounds, or radioactive napalm or hell DARK PLASMA, that's all a Predator needs to finish the the Thing.

Now if the Alien were in the Thing stories instead of the Thing it will end with a game over for the humans.

5)The Thing is not meant to be in in every environment.  Case in point if the Thing was not affected by the cold conditions it would have strolled out of their and made its way to were more lifeforms exist that it can assimilate.  Which means it just can't go to every planet that the Xenomorphs occupy.

4)Xenomorphs, are nearly-impossible to impossible to assimilate.

After taking all of these things into consideration the Thing has no hope of killing all the Xenomorphs, not only that but surviving a war with the Xenomorphs.  Not only would it be easier to adapt to the Thing, the Thing is not good at observing the situation and or making good tactical judgements.  Taking into consideration that the Queen Mother could just take over the Things mind and or drive it insaine, AND the population per planet geared towards killing the Thing, the fight becomes pointless to the Thing.

SM

SM

I don't think copying and pasting a previous post is going to convince anyone.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

This is what i had to put up with in the avp wiki  :laugh:

He is obviously an idiot.

I am neither a fan of the thing or the xenomorph(though i enjoy both) and i see that the thing would win anyday due to its shape shifting ability.

While i believe assimilation is near impossible,i know in a physical match up the thing will dominate a xenomorph.

Also we know a thing would easily survive what the xenomorph has been through more or less.

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

oh for f**k's sake, he's back? This is what I get for spending the day on a plane.

QuoteNo I corrected your comment,

And that is different from misquoting me on purpose how?

So you deliberately misquoted me and then based a good chunk of your arguments against my statements on the "corrected" version of what I said?

And then you write a long response post restating the same stuff we've refuted again and again (and, btw, just because you can't admit it doesn't mean we haven't) while continuing to make snide personal remarks?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

QuoteSorry you are not the CO or a XO, so go ice skate up a hill monkey boy.
I don't even know what this means. ???

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 02:46:13 AM
I don't think copying and pasting a previous post is going to convince anyone.
That's my favorite part - as if repeating it enough times will somehow make it true. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed