Alien totally abandoned Parker and Lambert...WHY?

Started by BA79, Oct 11, 2019, 05:27:31 AM

Author
Alien totally abandoned Parker and Lambert...WHY? (Read 17,632 times)

SM

And maybe he was in a shielded compartment that survived the ships destruction and he flew back to LV-223 and fell in some goo and changed into the QueenParkerAlien which then flew back through time to lay eggs on the Derelict one million billion years ago after he fought with elephant Space Jockey.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 09, 2019, 06:24:30 AM
Point is that those stills don't prove he died.  Also, the scene itself was only a few frames and does not show enough specific damage.
LOL :laugh: LOL.

SM

Having a chunk of brain violently ripped out defo not enough specific damage.

:laugh:

razeak

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 09, 2019, 06:24:30 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 27, 2019, 05:23:25 AM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 27, 2019, 03:40:17 AM
To answer your initial question, the answer is no.  It was in a time of crisis and she only had time to consider herself.  Jones is only saved as an afterthought and because he's light enough to carry.  Her reaction alone does not prove they died until she blew up the Nostromo.

Spoiler

[close]

Parker was tough ... but not tough enough to survive this level of damage - same with his buddy, Brett.

People survive trauma to their head like sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYmfSbfA5iU

Point is that those stills don't prove he died.  Also, the scene itself was only a few frames and does not show enough specific damage.

That fellow didn't have his brain pulled out of his skull. It's cherry picking an extreme example. Your position is not defensible. The final step is just admitting it to yourself :P

T-850

I always wandered this considering the fact that both Dallas and Brett were cocooned and taken advantage of after the xenomorph killed them.

xeno_alpha_07

I have a theory on why Parker and Lambert were left behind.  I think the creature did intend to take them or at least just Lambert.  Based on Dan O Bannon's comment and another article, which I can't find, the Alien tried to squeeze Lambert through the air vent but she wouldn't fit hence her dangling the way she was and the creature just gave up and moved on leaving them both behind.

BigDaddyJohn

Jonesy did make Ripley lose some time while searching for him also. That could be a factor in why she at least couldn't intervene in time.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 01, 2022, 03:00:34 PMJonesy did make Ripley lose some time while searching for him also. That could be a factor in why she at least couldn't intervene in time.

That and she didn't head off running to help them immediately.  If Ripley had gone to help them straight away would she have still got to them in time?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 01, 2022, 03:06:49 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 01, 2022, 03:00:34 PMJonesy did make Ripley lose some time while searching for him also. That could be a factor in why she at least couldn't intervene in time.

That and she didn't head off running to help them immediately.  If Ripley had gone to help them straight away would she have still got to them in time?

Maybe for Lambert. I think Parker would've already been toasted.

Building Better Worlds

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 27, 2019, 04:45:44 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 25, 2019, 11:58:28 AMTheory: It was aware the Nostromo wasn't a safe place anymore, and retreated to the Narcissus.

That would be wildly precognitive of it.

The real reason is that the filmmakers wanted us to see the bodies. But it's fun to read everyone's in-universe speculations  :)

Indeed. I don't think the Alien would be able to distinguish between the Nostromo and the Narcissus. If anything, the Narcissus was just a quieter place to be rather than the roaring racket of the evacuation alarms and exploding engineering.

BlueMarsalis79

I stand by what I wrote, they can understand electricity, who's to say they don't understand a countdown as well? A place becoming unsafe. Further films corroborate this extensive level of intelligence.

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 01, 2022, 02:46:11 PMI have a theory on why Parker and Lambert were left behind.  I think the creature did intend to take them or at least just Lambert.  Based on Dan O Bannon's comment and another article, which I can't find, the Alien tried to squeeze Lambert through the air vent but she wouldn't fit hence her dangling the way she was and the creature just gave up and moved on leaving them both behind.

Problem is, if the creature was determined to take both bodies, it could've used the doorway Parker's body was slumped next to, instead of the airshaft.

[cancerblack]

Building Better Worlds

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 01, 2022, 08:34:29 PMI stand by what I wrote, they can understand electricity, who's to say they don't understand a countdown as well? A place becoming unsafe. Further films corroborate this extensive level of intelligence.
But as someone else said, the Queen hangs around the atmosphere processor whilst the alarms are going off and it's blowing up. Only the presence of Ripley and her antics with the rifle and flamer cause her to move and pursue. Otherwise, I think she and the rest of them would have sat there oblivious.

BlueMarsalis79

Oh yeah... Aliens lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed