Predator Hunts Marvel Heroes In New Variant Covers!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 17, 2021, 06:46:43 PM

Author
Predator Hunts Marvel Heroes In New Variant Covers! (Read 7,155 times)

426Buddy

What? the highest number was two issues against superman? Someone doesn't know their crossovers very well. :laugh:

Predator has fought superman, batman in 3 full series, magnus robot fighter, justice league, Tarzan, terminator, Witchblade, Motorhead, Ghost, Judge Dredd in 2 series, and Archie in two series. Probably some I missed too.

I have no issue if marvel wants to do crossovers also.

SiL

People complaining about crossovers on a site dedicated to a crossover is a special kind of bizarre.

Voodoo Magic

I don't think a lot of people consciously even see Alien vs Predator as a crossover anymore. They have been licensed together for so long and fit so snugly like a Ying and Yang symbol.

judge death

judge death

I only count aliens as im not a big predator fan:p but predator vs aliens material is natural.
But these are the released issues from my knowledge and I count only collections and not single issues:
Aliens vs superman
Aliens vs green lantern
Aliens vs superman 2
Batman vs aliens
Aliens vs judge dredd
Aliens vs judge dredd 2 splice and dice
Alien vs mindhunter
Aliens vs terminator vs predator
Vampirella vs aliens

And thats it.

SiL

Aliens vs Superman 2

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2021, 10:28:34 AM
It's not an infrequent thing. They did when they were launching a solo Mary Jane series too.

...I would love to see a Mary Jane/Predator cover...

Preferably with Mary Jane decked out in Predator armor as a nod to Machiko.

Kimarhi

Quote from: judge death on Feb 19, 2021, 04:04:15 PM
I only count aliens as im not a big predator fan:p but predator vs aliens material is natural.
But these are the released issues from my knowledge and I count only collections and not single issues:
Aliens vs superman
Aliens vs green lantern
Aliens vs superman 2
Batman vs aliens
Aliens vs judge dredd
Alien vs mindhunter
Vampirella vs aliens

And thats it.

Aliens actually wiped out some heroes for Image comics back in the day too.  And they stayed dead after the fact. 

Don't remember what the series was called.

But crossovers are literally what Marvel and DC are known for, their lore is based on title characters continually interacting with each other.  So Marvel getting the Alien or Pred to eventually fight their heroes is an inevitability.  You just hope that they are somewhat entertaining, even if it is just popcorn fun. 

BlueMarsalis79

Batman Versus Predator's a masterpiece

[cancerblack]

Agreed, it's true to both characters visually and thematically.

SM

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2021, 06:06:09 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2021, 06:02:36 AM
They're monsters.  They die in the films too.

I think he means that Marvel might depict the Alien and Predator as being casually, and easily curb-stomped by the Marvel characters... I mean... in some cases that WOULD happen with the cosmic level/high tier level characters like... Thor or Phoenix, but I think he's afraid that the street level/low level heroes i.e. Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, would easily beat Aliens and Predators.

Regardless if EU feats would be accounted for from the Dark Horse publications or not.

When are they ever easily defeated in these crossover things though? 

SiL

A hero steamrolling a bad guy not only does the hero no favours, but is also a boring story. Most writers know better.

Hunter-Killer

The predator covers look cooler and more dynamic than the alien ones.

Overall I'm not particularly thrilled, I never got into caped crusader super heroes, most of my nerd crap is horror, sci-fi and D&D type stuff, although I did really like Batman vs. Predator and even Aliens/Vampirilla.

I think it's a matter of taste, but I'd like to think marvel is putting a lot of energy into killer storylines.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 20, 2021, 03:40:30 AM
Quote from: judge death on Feb 19, 2021, 04:04:15 PM
Aliens vs superman
Aliens vs green lantern
Aliens vs superman 2
Batman vs aliens
Aliens vs judge dredd
Alien vs mindhunter
Vampirella vs aliens

And thats it.

Aliens actually wiped out some heroes for Image comics back in the day too.  And they stayed dead after the fact. 

Don't remember what the series was called.

But crossovers are literally what Marvel and DC are known for, their lore is based on title characters continually interacting with each other.  So Marvel getting the Alien or Pred to eventually fight their heroes is an inevitability.  You just hope that they are somewhat entertaining, even if it is just popcorn fun.

That was the Alien/Wildcats special where they wiped out most of Stormwatch. They gave Ellis free reign because he wanted to start The Authority series

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Feb 20, 2021, 09:17:55 AM
When are they ever easily defeated in these crossover things though? 

Batman and Superman vs Alien and Predator.

You know, the one where the art was done by Ariel Olivetti? Or maybe you know it as the comic where Batman and Superman go to this subterranean environment under a volcano, and find these pre-historic Predators fighting with Aliens and hilariously one-shot both species?

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 20, 2021, 05:12:05 AM
Batman Versus Predator's a masterpiece
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKiAuiDyZTs

Meh, I didn't find it to be that great, if I'm being honest

Spoiler
Especially, when Gordon started literally begging "Oh Batman, come and save us, pleeease  :'("
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed