Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,096 times)

gantarat

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2017, 09:57:02 AM
May 1st update from ADF's website.

QuoteAs for ALIEN:ORIGINS, the original novel that fits chronologically between PROMETHEUS and AC, in it I hope to have been able to have added a tiny bit to the canon. As always, I work as a combination author and fan, and I think (I hope) that comes through in the finished work.

David found xenomorph recipe ?

Ultramorph

Maybe. Most likely
Spoiler
what exactly happened to Shaw.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I expect that is what to the novel will focus around. Hopefully we'll get a bigger picture of what David mentioned in the Crossing too and find out what lead to his actions.

EJA

I'm holding out hope Foster will drop some hints that David may actually have re-created the Aliens from designs left behind by the Engineers.

Scott Conover

Quote from: EJA on May 12, 2017, 08:34:46 AM
I'm holding out hope Foster will drop some hints that David may actually have re-created the Aliens from designs left behind by the Engineers.

YES YES YES YES YES

Samhain13

If Ridley is not involved in any way with the novels and probably isn't even aware of them being made... Foster could fix any of the nonsense from Covenant, we might actually get some answers.

I hope we get more info on the engineers.

DorkiDori

i got mine on pre-order the day it was announced :D im super excited to read it... currently reading thru "River of Pain" right now, bout halfway thru it (i bought all 3 books at once so i have some reading left to do lol). set the book down last night right before Newts parents are assigned to go check out the crashed Engineers ship.

Xenomrph

He might just do that in the Covenant novelization as well, which is out next week.

Corporal Hicks

ADF is the kind of person who will ask the same questions we do. But he's in a position to try and come up with "official" answers so I expect we'll see some nice expansion on the movie.

bobkind3

bobkind3

Just got an email from Amazon regarding the Alan Dean Foster original prequel novel to Alien Covenant (ALIEN:ORIGINS I think the title) which had a pretty firm September publishing date. Now seems that date has been dropped and they have no idea of a new date. Got the "Currently unavailable -we don't know when or if this item will be back in stock" message. Wondering if  this due to the wider failure of the film? Do the publishers now believe there isn't the interest/market or have Fox nixed Ridley's Alien universe-building ambitions? Hopefully just a publisher delay?

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I hope not. I was really looking forward to that.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I haven't gotten one. It still says the release date is 9/26/17 on the Amazon website.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

It might just be a glitch. Mine says it's still available for a September 26th release as well.

Gash

Gash

If it's not just a glitch it could be that the story might be integrated into Awakening. One can dream.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Amazon US still has it listed for September release. God, I hope this doesn't get pulled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed