Predators Movie Gets Writer

Started by Darkness, May 05, 2009, 07:12:44 PM

Author
Predators Movie Gets Writer (Read 17,924 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

hopefully it follows true to ONLY pred 1 and 2  the alien franchise and the predator franchise are and always will be separate.   f**k AVP it not canon. Anderson and the BS ruined the idea.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

bros strause and bullshit have the same abbreviations so go figure why AvP2 sucked

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Good.

The Wolf

The Wolf

so there is a god   ;D      "sequel"

Starkiller

Starkiller

AVP and AVP-R are canon, i know alot of people don't llke this fact but it's true.   Im glad that Predators is infact going to be a sequel and not a reboot. However they should remain loyal to the orginal predator movies & not focus on the avp concepts too much.   Maybe the predator having scars on helmets maybe the shuriken, little things like that is fine with me, just so it all fits in alien/predator universe.  Im a little worried that this movie is on 'fast track' I don't want them to rush this, we need a good director & hopefully this guy who's penning the script will make it a decent one (fingers crossed)

Starkiller

Starkiller

P.S having three differnt styles of predator would be cool! each one could be similar to all the predators we have seen.   two could represent the preds from the original moves & one could represent the avp predator, just to show us there are a different types/tribes/age/level of predators

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I don't think they should ignore the events of the AVP films, but they don't really have to reference them, like how Predator 2 made a small reference to Predator 1.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Who's doin the costumes this time around?

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

i should think that "Predators" and the Predator(s) themselves has to be redeemed somehow. I would like to see more of Preds than Aliens. Even though that i would like to get the ALIEN-PREDATOR TOTAL DESTRUCTION COLLECTION DVD is o.k. with me because i would only like both 1 and 2. If this goes well than i wait for the next COLLECTION but if not, well, i stay with the A-PTD Collection.

Azanode

Azanode

I hate the idea of the AvP films being considered canon. Even if the films were any good, it's just wrong. The Alien and Predator franchises were great on their own and crossing them over in any serious sense is just absurd.  The AvP films should be considered spin-offs, a fun 'what if' for these creatures existing in the same universe. I hope nothing is done to change that.

Zillamaster202

Zillamaster202

;D   I say got for it. This franchise needs more movies to back it up and get more people interested.I hope this isn't one of those corny Sci-fi channel movies, it should be more like Predator 1 with a little more suspense and battle scenes and stuff.   ;D     :o  

Dr.PaulChurch

Dr.PaulChurch

It's been said already, but I'll say it again- very glad this is a sequel.   I'm going to be cautious on my optimism though, commandos fighting Predators sounds like Predator 1, only with more than one Predator. Hoping the story has a lot more depth to it than that. There's so much you could do with this creature, since Predator 2 revealed that the Predators have hunted man throughout history. One thing I loved about the Predator comics was how the writers took advantage of that concept and placed Predators throughout historical timelines rather than making every story modern day.  The setting will be key to this flick. I  just hope it's a different one than what we've seen so far. I wouldn't even mind an arctic setting again for Predators if they wore special protective armor to keep the heat out- as long as it makes sense. I mean, c'mon now. Predator 2 made it even more obvious that the creature hates the cold with the whole scene where the special team attempts to freeze it. After all, the Pred was was forced to go to the meat storage facility for food otherwise it wouldn't be caught dead in an icebox.. the antarctica setting and how it was handled in AVP was really misguided.  Hopefully, Litvak will take that into consideration and pen a really creative story. We're counting on you, Mr. Litvak! Do the series proud!

Predboy

Predboy

A group of predators taking down a team of cammandos? 1 pred can take care of a team of cammandos. I still hate the idea of putting multiple preds in the movie. Since they decided to put more than one predator, than they should've atleast put them up against a larger force than just a team of military dude. Thats something 1 pred can take care of.

dachande89

dachande89

yay for a sequel! Boo for a remake!

Bob

Bob

A money making farce.  That's what this is.  They are going to cut and paste together another crappy movie and everyone is going to fall for it again.  At least the trailer will look cool.  That's one thing FOX can do correctly (deceptive marketing)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed