25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 30,664 times)

Adam802

Adam802

Kailem

Kailem

25 full minutes! Amma grab some popcorn!

PraetorianX101

Might be nitpicking a bit, but it seems kind of strange that there are so many runner aliens to the point that they outnumber the human-born aliens in that gameplay footage. I wonder if there's an in-universe explanation for why there are hundreds of dogs/ox on an orbital refinery station. :P

Kailem

Kailem

I love what they've done with the Drone. Having it jump down, do damage and then jump away into a vent if you don't kill it in time is a great mechanic. Means you've got to constantly be thinking about it even when you're fighting other Aliens.

And it really looks like the Warriors aint no joke! Clearly they're going to be using those more as mini bosses rather than fodder. And every class has two abilities on cooldown plus perks, so that should be good for the replayability.

It looks like this is possibly the first level, so I can understand them just "going through the motions" here, but I do hope we get a little more variety in terms of the areas we play through on each level/mission, as with the exception of the reactor room this one did seem a little samey in that regard. One of the reasons Left 4 Dead was so good was you were always moving through new and interesting environments. So we'll have to see.

But so far it's looking good! Oh yeah, and I like that the "kill confirmed" icon is the same red x that shows up in the reactor overload sequence in the original film. That's a nice touch.

seattle24

seattle24

It would have been neat to have the Alien's from the first three films as bosses like we saw with the drone and warrior (so add the dog to that list), and have the neomorph as the cannon fodder.

I was pleasantly surprised by how polished the presentation is though. Looks relatively high-end all things considered. The team look like they've done good work.

BlueMarsalis79

Okay I love the Drone's behaviour as said by others. Like what's going on with the (way way too big) Warrior's behaviour. But with the (way way too small) Runner, I'm not happy at all honestly, every single Alien type across the board's far too slow, too passive and don't do nearly enough damage, the acid looks like a joke. And what's with the tiny size? Jumper? Really? And I'm sorry but awful design. Not impressed. Burster's unnecessarily confusing as a name. And I can't believe I'm saying this but it looks like ACM had the better Spitter.

I do like the extensions on the Marine equipment though. But melee's back again killing Aliens. When it ought to do next to nothing.

The length of it's also worrying.

Evanus

Evanus

The warriors just taking their time, walking towards the marines real slow.. kinda hilarious  :laugh:

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I'm impressed they have made the aliens look a bit more realistic:
1. heads turn in the direction  of their victims most of the time
2.  hordes appear to be independantly moving rather in sync as most games tend to mess up like that
3.  Bodies disappear from view seamlessly- I wasn't expecting that.
4. bodies have a weird anti-gravity rag-doll effects , which to me is a little unfinished, the aliens also seem to like dying with their hands in a claw shape. Seems unfinished.
5. body deaths don't quite react anymore after fatally shooting them, they almost appear like their floating to their death. However at 14:51 there was a unique death which I'm hoping we will see more of this.
6. The details remind me of Platinum game's Vanquish with their level of detail and futurist esthetics but all in all, the game does continue the Alien film's retro design esthetics as close as possible without leaning to heavily on their own designs
7. Incredible lighting. Love the atmosphere.
8.  Love the in game models.
9. Smart gun looks like its floating.

Some info:
A. There are 12 Missions arranged into 4 different campaigns.
B. They are story driven tied together into one story.
C. Different environments and locations.
D. More than an hour per Campaign
That equals around 15 minutes per mission.
E. You can play solo with 2 bot FT players or play completely online.
F. amongst the pickups in field crates are shaders....not sure how the system works. I would like to know what things you can win to make the campaigns replayable for ...loot i guess or XP upgades.
G. Leveling up is important to alter the gameplay, but it doesnt look like you get XP for alien kills. I think you get a general leveling up XP through finishing the campaign.

Nightmare Asylum

This looks fine, I guess. Just third person Left 4 3 Dead, with some cosmetics and weapon upgrades. That's all I really expected after Tuesday's announcement.

Gotta say, I'm kind of let down by that. After all this time, I was hoping for something a bit bigger than this. But that's probably just all stemming from my head building it up over the course of three years of absolute silence.

Not sure if I'm going to play this, doesn't really seem to tap into what I'm looking for in the games I play these days. I look forward to seeing the other campaign environments, though; I'm curious to see how they present the different facets of these planets that this is set on.

immortalundead

Just watched the video, the visual are pretty nice, both the space station design and the alien designs. I'm not liking some of the extra designs, like the exploding alien. The warrior just casually walking gave me a good laugh... not a good design choice. Not too important, but the weapons and armor don't feel like it fits with alien, they fit more into the halo aesthetic.

The gameplay is not really my style, I would prefer a more skill based shooter, vs a leveling up of weapons and gear. I never feel like I progress as a played when playing those types of games. Probably pass on this, they game doesn't feel fun.

Le Celticant

This looks cheap, super repetitive, got bored after the second wave.
Ennemies look generic, nothing impressive.
Idk what they're talking about "left 4 dead" style, looks more like A:CM where you can ONLY play the marines.
I thought this was a mobile game tbh.

Drone is exactly the same as A:CM but somehow, less menacing (it's not a compliment coming from A:CM lol)
Everything is super slow pace and a bit clunky. That jump/roll thing... haha
Same with lighting, it's too bright.

I'll put it straight to the P:HG basket: dead within a year and focused on skins and dumb customization instead on the actual game.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: acrediblesource on Mar 04, 2021, 06:42:16 PM
Some info:
A. There are 12 Missions arranged into 4 different campaigns.
D. More than an hour per Campaign

So, 4-5 hour game?

I hope to see higher difficulty levels and realistic mode with deadly acid and friendly fire.

But I like. Looks like a clear fun. I think we need to stop looping horror and tension. Nonstop arcade action - this is what the franchise needs from the 90s. When I played in Avp Classic, I got a more drive trip than with AVP2. And it seems that this game will be the same.

I want to see neomorphs and red aliens. Maybe in DLC.

acrediblesource

Expectations:
1. NPCs (where the f**k are they?)
2. Lore expansion (like minimal, at least give some input into it)
3. some more mechanics asides from "call the f**king elevator".

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 04, 2021, 06:24:40 PM
The warriors just taking their time, walking towards the marines real slow.. kinda hilarious  :laugh:
The ridiculousness that is the cherry on top is that they do a goofy ass run on two legs after you and then they slow down at 6ft away and slowly stalks towards you like a serial killer. Like what kind of contradictory idea is this? These are aliens man, they should be coming at me full speed with intent of the kill.

Drukathi

Drukathi

It is very clear that the warrior fell under debuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed