Cold Iron Studio's Aliens: Fireteam Announced For Summer 2021!

Started by Darkness, Mar 02, 2021, 03:09:06 PM

Author
Cold Iron Studio's Aliens: Fireteam Announced For Summer 2021! (Read 26,062 times)

Darkness

Cold Iron Studio’s new Alien game has finally been unveiled! The game is a cooperative third-person survivor shooter set in the year 2202 – 23 years after the events of the Alien trilogy. Players will assume the role of a a Colonial Marine stationed aboard the USS Endeavor. You’ll play through four campaigns compromising of three missions.

You’ll meet 20 enemy types, including 11 different Xenomorphs from Facehuggers to Praetorians, each designed with their own intelligence to ambush, outsmart and kill marines. There’ll be five unique classes – Gunner, Demolisher, Technician, Doc and Recon – each with their own special abilities and character perks. Players will utilize an extensive arsenal of over 30 weapons and over 70 mods/attachments.

You can check out the action-packed trailer and screenshots below:

You play as a newly recruited member of the United States Colonial Marines. You create your own soldier and choose from one of five classes (gunner, demolisher, recon, technician, and doc), each with their own combat roles. For example, technicians can deploy portable turrets to lock down hallways or provide additional support fire; docs can provide their teammates with temporary buffs and healing; and so on. Players can further customize their characters with different cosmetics, weapon upgrades, unlocked perks, and more. It doesn't appear to be a crazy deep amount of RPG-style tinkering, but it seems as though Cold Iron has been developing Fireteam with an eye toward replayablity.

Be sure to check out Game Informer for their full preview of the game. The official website is AliensFireTeam.com. Cold Iron Studio says that Aliens: Fireteam will be coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this summer!

bobby brown

bobby brown

I'm down. Graphics looks nice.

But yeah, another gung-ho marine type of deal... :-X

It's certainly not another milestone in the franchise, but Hopefully, it's a fun quality product.

Nightmare Asylum

Looks like Aliens: Colonial Marines to me. Probably gonna pass, to be honest.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

QuoteIn addition, he emphasized the importance for the game to exist on its own, without charging players for a steady drip of lootboxes and other microtransactions.

Who doesn't appreciate that!

Well I'm excited. I'm certain there will be some canon fodder complaints, but I'm looking forward to teaming up with my mates and having some Aliens fun!

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteThe game is designed to be played cooperatively, either with a pair of human players or AI-controlled allies.

Wait, the co-op caps out at two players???

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Cool trailer! Hopefully it turns out fun! This may be what prompts me to shell out for a PS5!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2021, 03:25:10 PM
QuoteThe game is designed to be played cooperatively, either with a pair of human players or AI-controlled allies.

Hmm. That can't be right.... right?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 02, 2021, 03:26:57 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2021, 03:25:10 PM

Hmm. That can't be right.... right?

Forgot to post the link, but got it from this Polygon article here: https://www.polygon.com/2021/3/2/22308993/aliens-fireteam-announcement-release-date-platforms

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

QuoteGrouping up in teams of three,

So I believe it's correct to interpret it as, you can play with a pair of players (i.e. 3 total on team) or AI allies.

Samhain13

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo team! Voodoo! It's Zeus! Do you read me?

Quote11 Xenomorph types, deadly Weyland-Yutani synthetics, and other enemies awaiting players on the surfaces of far-off planets.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Alright now, it does indeed remind me of Colonial Marines, but looking at the way Aliens respond to weapons fire looks chunky in a good way.

It's great to see the types from the first three films all onscreen together for the first time since 2001... Monolith's AVP? Twenty years ago now? Jesus Christ.

Gentleman Death

Got a Left for Dead and Gears of War vibe. I hope it's a little more in depth than just a shoot 'em up but regardless, I'm definitely in!

GabeLogan

Graphically maybe it looks like ACM.

Just hope the gameplay and the AI is better and there is no story here just simple stages to complete. And lets hope the perks and upgrades are interesting and you can go online.

My only gripe is that this sounds way too short 12 stages then only? I mean if each mission lasts an hour thats fine with me but online 12 stages wont last that long on the long run.

Perfect-Organism

Ok.  Cool.  Jumping onto topic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed