What is the Space Jockey of the Predator franchise?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 13, 2021, 12:03:45 AM

Author
What is the Space Jockey of the Predator franchise? (Read 6,363 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I like to think that lighting is actually bioluminescence, as if there was something alive there.  :)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 13, 2021, 05:00:32 AM
Admittedly kinda cool though.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 19, 2021, 08:29:56 PM
Just wish we saw something distinct within it.

I think that is it right there. It wasn't distinct. It wasn't wondrous enough to illicit a sense of mystery that would linger inside you far beyond its seconds on screen.

If it had more of a unique design, or a piece of the derelict drill's inhabitants or culture. A petrified deformed helmet. A strange face carved in the wall like the one seen on the surface of Mars, perhaps with some sort of weapon smashed into its demolished forehead. Strange writing on the wall. A fossilized amputated hand with six fingers hanging on to a chain. Something...

I always say with Predators it's concept versus execution. It had so many wonderful concepts, and if they executed things better in that film, it had potential to be one of the sci-fi greats. I truly believe that. (However, to be fair, budget and limitations on time deserves some of the blame.)

oduodu

oduodu

the ship in predators where mr fishburn s character stayed in might have been  a ship that carried prisoners and all kinds of strange creatures. maybe some came free and attacked the pilots. perhaps the ship had to crash land on that planet which wasnt initially to be a game reserve but eventually became one.  the predators amongst others mutated and became super predators. so the location of the planet became a closely guarded secret. which eventually leaked and all out war ensued between super amd normal predators.

so the pilots of that "crashed" ship could be seen as SJ s of the pred galaxy

BigDaddyJohn

Reminds me how generic the pred ships were in The Predator... One more disappointment to add to this movie...

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 12:30:30 PM
If it had more of a unique design, or a piece of the derelict drill's inhabitants or culture. A petrified deformed helmet. A strange face carved in the wall like the one seen on the surface of Mars, perhaps with some sort of weapon smashed into its demolished forehead. Strange writing on the wall. A fossilized amputated hand with six fingers hanging on to a chain. Something...

One of these please! lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 01, 2021, 06:13:40 PM

One of these please! lol

https://i.ibb.co/rGJhPRS/pred.jpg

Wow, how mind blowing would that have been? Brilliant Jonesy! If they created a fossilized Boss Studios Predator in that ship, not only would it have been mind-blowing for fans, we'd still be pondering the implications to this day!

Although I love them currently in the Alpha Predator lore, that would have been amazing! Well done! 👏

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 01, 2021, 10:28:42 PM

One of these please! lol

Wow, how mind blowing would that have been? Brilliant Jonesy! If they created a fossilized Boss Studios Predator in that ship, not only would it have been mind-blowing for fans, we'd still be pondering the implications to this day!

Although I love them currently in the Alpha Predator lore, that would have been amazing! Well done! 👏

Yaaay! Finally!!! we agree on something.  :laugh:  :)

oduodu

oduodu

sorry  for my mistake. i thought the  thing mr fishburne's chatacter stayed on  was a crashed ship. apparently  its not. apologies. what is it then?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: oduodu on Apr 02, 2021, 08:57:23 PMsorry  for my mistake. i thought the  thing mr fishburne's chatacter stayed on  was a crashed ship. apparently  its not. apologies. what is it then?

This article doesn't say much about it, nor does it cite sources (maybe there aren't?), but in Xenopedia they nickname it the thing as alien drill. They still refer to the structure as a vessel though.

Abandoned Alien Drill

Voodoo Magic

If I remember in the Predators commentary, Nimrod commented on the drill bit and called the whole installation some sort of derelict drilling machinery. So if it was flown there as a part of a larger spacecraft from another planet, or just indigenous, I think was left ambiguous.

Immortan Jonesy

Fascinating. I've never seen behind-the-scenes footage

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 03, 2021, 12:42:28 AM
If I remember in the Predators commentary, Nimrod commented on the drill bit and called the whole installation some sort of derelict drilling machinery. So if it was flown there as a part of a larger spacecraft from another planet, or just indigenous, I think was left ambiguous.
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 03, 2021, 12:25:28 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Apr 02, 2021, 08:57:23 PM
sorry  for my mistake. i thought the  thing mr fishburne's chatacter stayed on  was a crashed ship. apparently  its not. apologies. what is it then?

This article doesn't say much about it, nor does it cite sources (maybe there aren't?), but in Xenopedia they nickname it the thing as alien drill. They still refer to the structure as a vessel though.

Abandoned Alien Drill

thanks both of you gents - fascinating indeed

[cancerblack]

One of these please! lol

That B&W shot always reminds me of these goofy f**kers:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 03, 2021, 09:04:27 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 12:30:30 PMIf it had more of a unique design, or a piece of the derelict drill's inhabitants or culture. A petrified deformed helmet. A strange face carved in the wall like the one seen on the surface of Mars, perhaps with some sort of weapon smashed into its demolished forehead. Strange writing on the wall. A fossilized amputated hand with six fingers hanging on to a chain. Something...

One of these please! lol

That B&W shot always reminds me of these goofy f**kers:

https://www.kaijubattle.net/uploads/2/9/5/7/29570123/940619623_orig.jpg

I think you can get the best bug out there with the right references.  8)

Voodoo Magic

It certainly looks terrific worn, imo!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed