Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight

Started by Olde, Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

Author
Scorn - Very Giger-esque New Game on Steam Greenlight (Read 31,792 times)

Olde

Olde

Didn't see a specific place to put this, so I'm posting it here. I just saw a trailer for the Steam Greenlight release of a new game, Scorn, which is clearly heavily inspired by the work of H. R. Giger.

Those environments look pretty bloody amazing. Hopefully the gameplay will match the malice of the world and it won't just be another freaking walking or hiding simulator (*cough* A:I *cough*).

windebieste

If 'DarkSeed III' was to use Unreal Engine 4 then it would look like this this. 

Looks promising.  I only hope it doesn't just turn out to be another shooter *yawn*.  So many potentially interesting gameplay mechanics around and devs turn really interesting game environments into shooting galleries and strip away anything that was interesting by investing in the most mediocre and banal gameplay.   

Will definitely keep an eye on this one for now, though.

-Windebieste.

bobby brown

Imagine if this was how the derelict looked when it was in working order.
If only this was the esthetic in Prometheus....

The game looks great thought, I am very curious.

Deathbearer

Got my attention. I love it when games are in this kind of world. So now let's hope they don't f**k it up

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop pointed this out to me a few months back, I was impressed then and I'm still impressed now. It looks gorgeous. I think Giger would love to have seen this.

Deathbearer

I'm wondering if the player character is an inhabitant of this world or if it's supposed to be you, pulled into another dimension and transformed.

Gah, I want more. You can't just show me something like this and not give me more.

Xenomania

Have to say, it's been a long time since anything shook me like that trailer!  :o

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jul 02, 2016, 08:59:14 PM
I'm wondering if the player character is an inhabitant of this world or if it's supposed to be you, pulled into another dimension and transformed.
Kinda reminds me of Frank from Hellraiser. ;)

Corporal Hicks

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709630328

If you are interested, be sure to go give it a thumbs up on Steam.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Olde on Jun 30, 2016, 01:43:00 AM
Didn't see a specific place to put this, so I'm posting it here. I just saw a trailer for the Steam Greenlight release of a new game, Scorn, which is clearly heavily inspired by the work of H. R. Giger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBo_rKleNw

Those environments look pretty bloody amazing. Hopefully the gameplay will match the malice of the world and it won't just be another freaking walking or hiding simulator (*cough* A:I *cough*).
I don't know what I just watched but I need it

Inverse Effect

This game is gonna give me nightmares

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping so! Imagine playing this with VR kit.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2016, 08:06:57 AM
I'm hoping so! Imagine playing this with VR kit.

Looking at this trailer, can you imagine a game where you play as an Engineer trying to survive in a very Giger-esque environment? An outbreak just occurred and you are this scientist who has to reach a Juggernaut and get the hell out of there.

It'd be a mix of emotions too.

Because you know the Engineer is physically strong as hell, you got an advanced bio-mechanical suit and weaponry... but the monsters your people have created are stronger and scarier.

It'd make you almost dread the idea of playing this game as an ordinary human character.

Gruyères

This game needs to be something *very* different. It looks amazing, it smells amazing (yeah, it's that organic  ;D ) and it should play amazingly. When I read people like The Alien Predator (no personal attack whatsoever) wanting another adventure-like game with these environments I'm pretty dissapointed of what we've become as gamers. No originality so far! Give me an extraneous, almost alive world like this and give me surreal tasks to do, solve, endure, figure out! Make me feel this is really an alien world and I'm the foreigner trying to get a glimpse of what on earth is happening.

Biomechanic worlds deserve much more than what we've been given so far, imho.

Lonely Universe

I almost couldn't handle the trailer for this when I first saw it. So oppressive & gross, so very different from anything else. I really hope the gameplay isn't... standard.

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 30, 2016, 03:00:34 AMLooks promising.  I only hope it doesn't just turn out to be another shooter *yawn*.  So many potentially interesting gameplay mechanics around and devs turn really interesting game environments into shooting galleries and strip away anything that was interesting by investing in the most mediocre and banal gameplay.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 30, 2016, 06:23:29 AM
Imagine if this was how the derelict looked when it was in working order.
If only this was the esthetic in Prometheus....
& again! Oh man that would have been the s***!

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 16, 2016, 04:07:44 PMLooking at this trailer, can you imagine a game where you play as an Engineer trying to survive in a very Giger-esque environment? An outbreak just occurred and you are this scientist who has to reach a Juggernaut and get the hell out of there.
Prometheus Isolation lol, would be incredible

Lonely Universe

Another upcoming first person game that looks like a perfect companion piece to Scorn, Agony.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed