What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,416 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I woke up with a headache around 2a and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm f**ked for the day.  I also have two meetings I have to lead around noon.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 27, 2021, 12:51:44 PM
I woke up with a headache around 2a and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm f**ked for the day.  I also have two meetings I have to lead around noon.

Been there. That blows.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I've been off social media this year, but went and checked out my main fb group this morning and found out that a really lovely guy who was a mainstay of the community had died in march.

RIP Josh, and the deepest of sympathies to his young family who will have to carry on without his tremendous positivity and enthusiasm.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Still suffering from shivering attacks after my second Covid shot.

At night on the way to the fridge I must look like a  marionette when it's player is having a stroke.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 27, 2021, 12:35:04 PM
Just can't focus on anything today.

It's pissing me off now. I've been like this all week.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2021, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 27, 2021, 12:35:04 PM
Just can't focus on anything today.

It's pissing me off now. I've been like this all week.
You have to learn to eliminate those distractions.  If it's a person, I know a guy.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So today's been a Dorian Sudler-level c**t.

Went to get my second COVID jab this morning, arrived on time for my appointment to find an hour-long queue outside the pharmacy. Got told I had to join the back of the queue even though I'd booked that specific time, which I did because I had a shitload on for today and could then plan the rest of my day around it. So basically the whole book-an-appointment thing was completely pointless. So I had to abandon getting the jab as I couldn't afford spend an hour queuing because I needed to get back home for a furniture delivery...

...which was then about two hours late, meaning I probably could've had the vaccine after all, and also screwed with my plans to drive to Essex this weekend for a mate's birthday, a long drive at the best of times but made much worse if I catch the Friday evening traffic. In a classic case of everything being just slightly more complicated than it should, the furniture guys were here for hours, further delaying my departure...

...and then, just when we're entering the home stretch, we discover one of the things we've bought - a dining table - was broken. Bare in mind we've waited five months for this stuff, and when the guy gets onto his boss they say it'll be another two to get a replacement table. I tell them to piss off, and now we're apparently getting a new one Wednesday. By this point it's about 3:00, so I'm looking at trying to get round the M25 and into Essex during peak rush hour, easily doubling my travel time with the inevitable gridlock traffic...

...which actually turned out to be irrelevant, because now I've lost my car keys. Completely vanished. Searched the house top to bottom and not found them, which has me worried the furniture guys might have taken them, either intentionally or because they got just wrapped up in the huge bundles of used packaging they took away.

f**k's sake.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That all sounds like something that would happen to Corporal Hicks every other Tuesday.

Wysps

Wysps

Geez, what's the point of signing up for an appointment slot when they're just going to disregard it anyway?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The English never miss a chance to queue.  They're the best in the world at it.

SiL

SiL

They'd object, but they're forming a queue to do so in an orderly fashion.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

My first shot I likewise booked an appointment and I was in and out in 16 minutes - and that includes the 15 minutes they make you wait afterwards in case your limbs fall off or something. No idea why it was so f**ked this time around. I'm glad people are getting vaccinated but it was a bit of a piss-take.

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 30, 2021, 08:53:20 PMGeez, what's the point of signing up for an appointment slot when they're just going to disregard it anyway?

The exact words I said to them. Trouble is, the staff manning the centres are all just volunteers so you can't really unload on them because they've got nothing to do with the clusterf**k they found themselves in charge of.

Gonna have to try and book another appointment today, but I'm assuming they'll tell me I have to wait a few weeks even though I'm at the point where maximising the effectiveness of the second shot entails getting it now. I'll probably end up going to a walk-in centre somewhere and queuing after all, but there aren't that many around here.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 30, 2021, 10:21:28 PMThe English never miss a chance to queue.  They're the best in the world at it.

:laugh: Any other time I would've just sucked it up and joined the queue, but like I said, I specifically booked because I had stuff I needed to get home for.

Good news though - we found my keys, and that was probably the thing I was most stressed about.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ex driving me mad lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 08, 2021, 11:33:25 AM
Ex driving me mad lol

Was it a short trip?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed