Aliens Colonial Marine Challenge Guide Thread

Started by Lie, Mar 23, 2013, 09:49:16 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marine Challenge Guide Thread (Read 46,073 times)

Corporal Hicks

Which single player level  has the Crusher in?

Lie

Mission 9, Hope in Hadley's.

Corporal Hicks

Cracking.  Thanks. Gonna attempt the killing blow with service pistol on that level.

Corporate Merc

Nice thread man some of these challenges are hard as hell lol.

Engineer

I have a question and a tip...

Tip first. For the "iron fist" challenge, the counter does not reset if you restart at the last checkpoint. I got this challenge on mission 2 by rushing and melee'ing the first two troops, then restarted the checkpoint and did it again. Really easy method for solo.

Now my question. The challenge "make it count" is not unlocking for me, not even on ultimate badass on the last mission with the queen. Is that challenge broken or am I missing something? I'm using the service pistol, upgraded with only the laser sight (went to the pistols default settings too, just to test it out and still nothing). And I tried it against a soldier alien too. Did one of the games patches cause this challenge to break? How can I fix it or get around it?

Engineer

Never mind... I got my question answered. I guess the queen doesn't count (anymore) towards the "make it count" challenge. I got it in bug hunt by shooting aliens with the tactical shotgun's arc rounds then switching to my service pistol to finish them off.

Also, I read on another forum that for the multiplayer challenges requiring a double kill with an alien-attack, it is possible to do those with just ONE friend/partner rather than two. You get your friend to setup an auto turret facing the wall and stand next to it while you (the alien) attack with whatever ability is required for the challenge. If you kill the marine AND the turret it counts as a double kill...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 09, 2014, 12:06:25 AMAlso, I read on another forum that for the multiplayer challenges requiring a double kill with an alien-attack, it is possible to do those with just ONE friend/partner rather than two. You get your friend to setup an auto turret facing the wall and stand next to it while you (the alien) attack with whatever ability is required for the challenge. If you kill the marine AND the turret it counts as a double kill...

I can confirm this. While I haven't done it myself - I haven't got that far yet - I helped another guy get it that way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed