Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 98,054 times)

Berserker Pred

This looks very promising! I really don't want to get too excited after the mess that was Colonial Marines however I can't help it! The Xeno AI, environments and sound design all seem very good. An IGN employee tells his experience of the game here http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/01/07/alien-isolation-gameplay-discussion.There is a decent amount of gameplay and it all sounds good/looks great. One thing I will note, in this discussion the guy says that the developers made sure that the Xeno's design was true to the original Giger Xeno, however the legs are like the legs of the Xenos in Resurrection. This may be because it's a different alien because as the guy discusses in the video the developers have said that the alien in this game is bigger that the one in the original. I'm just nitpicking here because everything else looks very good.

HuDaFuK

I've read a review that actually said this game's shit-hot. I'm still not entirely convinced, and I'll definitely be waiting for some more serious reviews, but who knows, maybe I'll be presently surprised.

Xenodog

underbound

I like what I see and it looks promising. But im still not hyping on it. And I like the end,find out more about the games origins,How the hell am I supposed to find out about it if you dont make announcements and im finding info through a public forum instead of ign or something

scarhunter92

Vakarian

Don't know if I agree about people saying the campaign should be about 4 hours long instead of 12. Will be very hard to maintain that level of fear for that long. Interactions with other human crew members is going to be critical. Also heard that the space station is similar to The Sprawl from Dead Space 2?

SuicideDoors

Faultless.

I'm so happy I feel like crywanking. Creative Assembly could rejuvenate the whole franchise here. Alien is still a big license and I'm thrilled it's getting a broad multi-gen release.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 07, 2014, 07:14:30 PM
Don't know if I agree about people saying the campaign should be about 4 hours long instead of 12.
Who the hell wants this game to be four hours long?

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 07, 2014, 07:18:36 PM
Don't know if I agree about people saying the campaign should be about 4 hours long instead of 12.

f**king damn near impossible when the demo being shown was 40 minutes.

Cal427eb

I can already tell you guys there is going to be a lot of downtime of just exploring to even out the pacing.

Vakarian

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 07, 2014, 07:18:36 PM

Apparently quite a few people. Maybe not 4 hours exactly, but they said they want a shorter more suspenseful game rather than dragging it out. CA allready said that they won't be doing that though. They also said there won't be any "lock and load" moments ala Colonial Marines or even the flamethrowers they had on the Nostromo. You do have a wrench however. Although apparently it's pitiful. Pretty sure it's only meant to be used to break things open.

Cal427eb

And maybe to bash some skulls in on any crazy crew members still left alive? But four hours? Come the f**k on man(not directed towards you Vak). Nobody is gonna pay 60 dollars for that.

Vakarian

Yeah, I know I agree with you.

Using the wrench on other crew members does sound pretty good actually. Seeing as the game is all about remaining quiet and staying hidden, maybe theres one crew member who won't shut the f**k up, then WHAM, you brain the bastard.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Vakarian on Jan 07, 2014, 07:26:31 PM
Yeah, I know I agree with you.

Using the wrench on other crew members does sound pretty good actually. Seeing as the game is all about remaining quiet and staying hidden, maybe theres one crew member who won't shut the f**k up, then WHAM, you brain the bastard.

Yeah more than likely this will happen. The devs mentioned in one of the articles posted in this thread that you will interact with other crewmembers from the ship the game is set on. At one point one of the journalists saw Amanda carrying a hammer, which we all know is going to do jack shit to the Alien. Opening stuff, probably, they are having crafting be a mechanic in the game, but I'm sure there's gonna be some wacky crew members that you're gonna have to kill. The devs didn't mention something about not being able to trust other survivors for no reason.

EDIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXFBsvg61f0#ws

7:45 - apparently the game is gonna end up being 8 to 10 hours long.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed