Expanding the Hunt, Interview with Predators' Director Nimrod Antal – AvP Galaxy Podcast #90

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 17, 2019, 05:17:12 AM

Author
Expanding the Hunt, Interview with Predators' Director Nimrod Antal – AvP Galaxy Podcast #90 (Read 25,276 times)

Kradan

Sometimes...ok, very often... i don't understand things "sigh"

The Old One

The Old One

Because,
I don't desire a reply for a position I altered.
Often I reconsider and downplay my emotional response, and a degree of OCD is involved.

Anyway, thank you for the interview AP.

Voodoo Magic

While neither are Stan Winston Studio, to me the work of KNB is superior to ADI's work in AVP, AVP-R and The Predator... which is really depressing honestly.

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 19, 2019, 06:49:32 AM
It's just honestly mediocre, in my opinion it's totally inoffensive and entertaining but rarely memorable.

A very fair summation.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

On ADI.
Spoiler
I hate to shit on craftspeople.
But the moment ADI started to do their own thing, they started f**king things up. And don't give me that "under the direction of a Director" crap, even Harbinger Down looked incredibly stiff, rubbery and plastic.
[close]
In terms of special effects stuff, their work on their first two films, Aliens and Alien the third, was their best.

Huhcf

NIMROD ANALTALL...is a SUPER MEGA BIGTIME LIAR

Him trailer promised us....a HUNDRED PREDATORS FIGHTING THE BRODY (the raging bull of heroic pianists) and instead...only THREE?

Very boring film. To much talking and walking through jungle...like first movie not enough of THE PREDATOR which is what i paidand wanted to see. Not enough of the HEARTPOUNDING ACTION and DEATH DEFYING COMPUTER GRAPHICAL ENERGY BLASTERS thqt i have come yo expect and love, but always keeping it from becoming TO INTIMIDATING by allowing the characters to have the fun and make THE JOKES even in the face of certain doom. To show us that even in the DARKESKT OF TIMES we must show our best faces and go happily into the furure. In this we have found our true PINACLE OF CiNEMATOLOGICAL ART kniwn as THE MARVEL FILM EXTENDED CINEMATIC UNIVERSE of which i have watched from the time of a young child looking up at the Iron Man with wonderment and am a proud product of the Disney teachings.

Shane Black in his THE PREDATOR movie created THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR of the 21ST CENTURY. Fashioning it in the image of the Disney films if SUPERERO ADVENTURING. In this, no other film of this Predator franchise can have surpassed him, certainlu now this PredatorS film, made by the NIMROD OF HUNGARY

Enjoy

Kradan

Quote from: Huhcf on Jun 19, 2019, 05:27:17 PM

Shane Black in his THE PREDATOR movie created THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR of the 21ST CENTURY. Fashioning it in the image of the Disney films if SUPERERO ADVENTURING. In this, no other film of this Predator franchise can have surpassed him, certainlu now this PredatorS film, made by the NIMROD OF HUNGARY

Ouch! That was rude, man!

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, Predators really has hit a nerve with some people. While not my favorite, and it has its problems, I'm really surprised with the level of rage it has produced in some. Really surprised.

THE BRODY (the raging bull of heroic pianists)

WTF??  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Him trailer promised us....a HUNDRED PREDATORS FIGHTING THE BRODY (the raging bull of heroic pianists) and instead...only THREE?

For starters, no, he didn't lie. This was a marketing decision and nothing to do with the director.

And now I realize you're trolling.

Let's actually discuss the interview and points raised please.

Voodoo Magic

I appreciate the interview Hicks. And appreciate Nimrod is a Predator fan too.

I just wish you got a chance to ask about the Bezerker's apparent change in size, indicated by the behind the scenes pics.

But it was a fun listen regardless!

Wysps

I'm really looking forward to listening to this, already enjoying people's replies. Stoked  ;D

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 19, 2019, 07:57:40 PM
Yeah, Predators really has hit a nerve with some people. While not my favorite, and it has its problems, I'm really surprised with the level of rage it has produced in some. Really surprised.

THE BRODY (the raging bull of heroic pianists)

WTF??  :laugh:

I second this...what  :laugh: Though I take it as a compliment on Brody's part.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's obviously mockery.

Enjoy

The most important point in the whole interview i think is that he was rushed and could have used more time to polish and extend or improve upon.
I never understood why Fox would wait 17 years and then rush the making of the movie from script to filming.

I really am hoping disney creates a predator show for the streaming service disney is putting out or really well made R rated movies that hit the theater..that would be a way to do a lot of short stories taking place at any given point in time in history or space,  with the streaming service that is.

Stan Winston Legend Studios and Disney/ fox working together is my only hope at this point.
A streaming show you could change the actors and predators and setting and story every episode or every few episodes. It would be a way to put out a lot of stories that would be top notch on quality.
But it would have to be star wars disney stan winston quality or nothing at all in my book.

proto leech

Good interview. I always liked Nimrod. I knew the moment the bongos hit i was gonna like predators and i did. its a solid C+ could have been much more but it did well with that he had. i still think the "dogs & wolves" predator on predator blood feud thing should be explored in full and not the crap we got in The Predator.

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Jun 18, 2019, 08:46:08 PM
Also can I remind everyone
ALIENS VS PREDATOR- REQUIEM (2007), budget $40 Million (but looked double or triple that budget) and they even afforded Tom Woodruff fantastic ADI suits and practical effects.
PREDATORS (2010) budget also $40 Million and they resorted to a cheaper prosthetics company, which still got praised by ADI's Alec Gillis "for the budget they had". But again he doesn't realise AVP-R had the same budget and limited shooting schedule.

The end result of PREDATORS was a shoddy straight to DVD mess. It bored an entire cinema with people shouting out sarcastic remarks during a screening I was at. One even said "that (fake) trailer lied to us! What a crap film!". Before legging it out of the cinema.

oh man what a laugh :D thanks for that. KNB did pred faces better in their first attempt than ADI could do until fugitive (and even then its debatable)

Spoiler
wolf lets out a whimper "buh-but im an elite-" before mr black caves his skull in
[close]

Darkness

His last answer was mysterious. I don't see what the harm was saying what would be good in another Predator sequel. It's not as if they're going to continue with that story now.

I don't think Nimrod got much exposure before the film came out. It was always Rodriguez doing all the interviews and media stuff before the film came out. I wonder how much freedom Nimrod really had in the end.

I'm really surprised you didn't ask him about The Predator and whether or not he'd seen it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed