Why Snake Predator has short dreadlocks?

Started by (Bad Blood), Mar 10, 2023, 03:57:16 AM

Author
Why Snake Predator has short dreadlocks? (Read 4,046 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hello, I'm curious, why does Snake Predator/shadow Predator have shorter dreadlocks than other predators? Is it because he is a teen predator or because he has slow growing ones or some predator dreadlock disorder? Just curious if it's explained somewhere. Thanks!

Wweyland

Maybe he drank snake venom.
The usual explanation for these Pred differences is "different clans, different subspecies, a different area of Yautja Prime where he grew up".

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 10, 2023, 09:17:12 AMMaybe he drank snake venom.
The usual explanation for these Pred differences is "different clans, different subspecies, a different area of Yautja Prime where he grew up".
Makes sense. I would assume they would have differing lengths regardless of age between separate individuals and clans. So I agree.

SiL

Unless there's something on the back of his Neca box, there's no explanation.

"Different individuals" covers it. Maybe the dude just has short dreads.

Wweyland

Trivia question, who is the Predator with the longest dreads?

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 10, 2023, 11:41:20 AMTrivia question, who is the Predator with the longest dreads?
That would be the predator elder from the Homeworld comic, and for movies i would say Shaman Predator.

BlueMarsalis79

He used scissors obviously because they are hair, and therefore obviously would not appear on any hypothetical PredAlien. ;D

RidgeTop

We've seen some Preds in the comics and games trim them, but the dreads are usually flat on the bottom when they do that. Cleopatra from Predator: Hunting Grounds comes to mind. There was another with trimmed dreads in Batman vs. Predator III. Maybe it doesn't take long for the ends to become pointy again.

Wweyland

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Mar 10, 2023, 01:06:36 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 10, 2023, 11:41:20 AMTrivia question, who is the Predator with the longest dreads?
That would be the predator elder from the Homeworld comic, and for movies i would say Shaman Predator.
If you count the figures as well, it's probably Spiked Tail Predator.

Local Trouble

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 10, 2023, 05:50:54 PMHe used scissors obviously because they are hair, and therefore obviously would not appear on any hypothetical PredAlien. ;D

Correct.

Master

Unless dreads are more then hair (as they tend to have sockets in skull) and their lenght is individual for every predstor? Who knows? Who cares?

As for lenght itself I'd say AvP Elder had longest dreads up to the date.

SuperiorIronman

Probably some form of derived hair. Probably something they can trim, but just as likely it'd be very painful to lose one out of its socket.

We have seen Predators with flattened off dreadlocks. Now of course Cleopatra might have the tips in the beads, but the implication is that they're short.

As to why it might appear on the Predalien? The Requiem Predalien was a one in a million mutant. The Predator skull also features sockets for the dreadlocks and so it could've manifested in an odd manner. It's a feature of their biology and it happened to appear on the hybrid. And given they've never had a consistent Predalien whose to say the next one has it or not? It's just an odd quirk of Chet.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Master on Mar 11, 2023, 08:45:20 PMUnless dreads are more then hair (as they tend to have sockets in skull) and their lenght is individual for every predstor? Who knows? Who cares?

As for lenght itself I'd say AvP Elder had longest dreads up to the date.

@Local Trouble

PAS Spinelli

The reason the AVPR Predalien looks the way it does is because it's poorly designed

Master

It is, right? I mean how da hell it was chosen for moderate budget full length film is beyond me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed