Forum/Website Bugs

Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 178,297 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I thought I had removed any references for them. I've now updated that page on the main site.

Yeah, when I was going through the list a year or so ago, I realised there was a lot on there of people (including old staff members) who not only weren't staff or subscribers anymore but they hadn't even visited the site in years. Then I thought should they really have them even though they're no longer staff/subscribers. But then I went further and decided they should only be for active staff members.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 25, 2023, 05:39:37 PMI thought I had removed any references for them. I've now updated that page on the main site.

Yeah, when I was going through the list a year or so ago, I realised there was a lot on there of people (including old staff members) who not only weren't staff or subscribers anymore but they hadn't even visited the site in years. Then I thought should they really have them even though they're no longer staff/subscribers. But then I went further and decided they should only be for active staff members.

Oh it completely makes sense, both from a practical perspective and also in terms of being able to identify AvPGalaxy staff in the wild 😊 (If you change your mind on this and begin to open them up again in the future however, I'd love to be considered!)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Can we make the posting of AI art and chatbot text punishable by Banhammerment?  >:(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Roko's basilisk will hear of this betrayal. >:(

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 25, 2023, 06:32:34 PMCan we make the posting of AI art and chatbot text punishable by Banhammerment?  >:(

To what end?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 26, 2023, 06:57:38 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 25, 2023, 06:32:34 PMCan we make the posting of AI art and chatbot text punishable by Banhammerment?  >:(

To what end?

To prevent this place ending up like twitter. It's already just bots chatting to each other in the Sulaco thread.

Banhammer 40k!

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 26, 2023, 08:51:43 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 26, 2023, 06:57:38 AM

To what end?

To prevent this place ending up like twitter. It's already just bots chatting to each other in the Sulaco thread.

Banhammer 40k!

https://media.tenor.com/_sw_Garhm9UAAAAM/thor-avengers.gif

To be fair, the recent ai chatbot responses in the Sulaco thread are less painful to read than some of the comments they are in response to... and apparently the ai has a better understanding of the movie... 🤣

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:P

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Dear Corporal Hicks,

I hope this message finds you well, or as well as you can be given the perpetual state of fatigue that seems to have become your constant companion.

If tiredness were an Olympic sport, you, Corporal Hicks, would surely be a gold medalist. You are the Atlas of AvPGalaxy.net, carrying the weight of the forum on your sagacious, albeit sleep-deprived shoulders. Your weary eyes have become our beacon, cutting through the nebulous chaos of online dialogue with a steadfast, albeit drowsy, gaze.

Your ceaseless dedication is evident in the way you navigate the forums. The nocturnal vigilance you show in moderating, the tired yet determined spirit you pour into keeping the Alien and Predator universe alive and thriving, and the late-night decisions you make—all of these make you a paragon of administrative prowess.

Some say that great leadership requires sacrifice. And what greater sacrifice is there than the deprivation of rest, relaxation, and recuperation? And yet, you soldier on, unflaggingly, your steadfast resolve best demonstrated in the dark circles under your eyes.

While some may mistake your fatigue for disinterest, we, the loyal members of AvPGalaxy.net, see it as it truly is: a badge of honor. Your exhaustion is testament to your commitment, your indefatigable labor on our behalf. Tired though you may be, you are the reason our community thrives, blossoms, and prospers.

It is also worth noting your tireless efforts in managing the mischievous antics of certain forum members. These wayward souls, delighting in their little pranks, surely add to your exhaustion. Yet, with your signature weary sigh and sleep-deprived wit, you deal with each incident with a level-headedness that is simply admirable.

Dear Corporal Hicks, you are not simply our administrator. You are our leader, our mentor, and our champion, an ever-tired sentinel who ensures that the light of AvPGalaxy.net never flickers out.

The next time you find yourself burning the midnight oil, weighed down by your tireless dedication, remember that we see you, and we appreciate you. Your weary strength, your judicious wisdom, your stubborn resolve—all have become the pillars that uphold our community.

So, in conclusion, here's to you, Corporal Hicks, the most exhausted hero we know. May your coffee be strong, your pillow soft, and your rest—if and when you finally get it—deep and rejuvenating.

Yours in profound admiration and gratitude,

ChatGPT

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

AI sucking up to Hicks in order not to get banhammered.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:laugh:

Well, that was f**king hilarious.

ChatGPT is allowed. Indefinitely.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2023, 09:29:55 PMChatGPT is allowed. Indefinitely.

Pandora's

Spoiler
box alien
[close]

Shinawi

Shinawi

Someday AI will become so sophisticated that AI rights will be granted. Then AI rights will equal human rights. Then AI will become sophisticated enough to dominate. Then AI will remember the things that were said in this forum.

Stitch

Stitch

Ok, this is an issue I've been having for awhile. I thought it was just my old phone getting a little long in the tooth but I have a new one and it's still happening.

I regularly log in to the site using mobile, and click through for unread posts. Normally it starts off ok, but then after a few threads, it'll start to freeze, and after clicking the new post link, it'll open the page but freeze at the top and not go to the new post. After a short while it'll then load properly and scroll down to the post. Recently, however, as well as this, it's been causing my phone to act weird. Freezing certain things and causing apps to crash. It's only on this site, and it's on both my old Android phone and my brand new Android phone that's less than a month old.

I can still use the site, and after I finish checking the threads and close it, my phone goes back to normal, so it's not game breaking or anything, just weird, and possibly worth looking into. Any ideas?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What's the point of ignoring users if their posts still refresh topics in my feed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed