Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 131,885 times)

Randomizer

Just another damned build-up. The fight that started in the 2nd issue ended abruptly.

Was a release date for issue 4 announced yet?

Ultramorph

Issue #4 comes out June 1st, followed by issue #1 of Prometheus a week later.

Randomizer

426Buddy

Just got issue 3! I thought there was quite a bit more action going on here and I enjoyed this issue more than the last. Odd that the cover of this issue has no bearing on what's happening inside.

They've stepped up the pace but still feels like it hasn't gone very far in 3 issues.

And I still kinda wish the art was b&w.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on May 10, 2016, 10:48:23 PM
Odd that the cover of this issue has no bearing on what's happening inside.

That's something the Alien and Predator comics have always done from what I remember.

426Buddy

Well yeah but it just threw me off since the first two covers kinda went with the issue inside lol

LordCassusSnow

I know it was an unused concept but i feel like the hover bike at the end of this issue might hint at the original Aliens vs Predator comic being canon. Pure speculation of course but when i saw it my nostalgia just went through the roof!

SM

The hover bikes are in issue 1.

Ultramorph

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 16, 2016, 12:50:53 AM
I know it was an unused concept but i feel like the hover bike at the end of this issue might hint at the original Aliens vs Predator comic being canon. Pure speculation of course but when i saw it my nostalgia just went through the roof!

Actually Trisan Jones confirmed that the original AvP comic is on the list of what's canon.

Ultramorph

Over on Instagram, Brian Thiess shared a new interior shot from issue #4. I can't figure out how to imbed from Instagram, but here's the link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFe0wH0ktVe/

This is what I've been waiting to see!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 16, 2016, 02:26:39 AM
Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 16, 2016, 12:50:53 AM

Actually Trisan Jones confirmed that the original AvP comic is on the list of what's canon.
Huh, you learn something new every day.

Corporal Hicks

He referred to it as soft canon iirc.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 17, 2016, 07:15:25 PM
He referred to it as soft canon iirc.

Yeah, I take that to mean it more or less happened, some stuff being different if needed to make it it. Same with the AvP movie.

Though I will say, I'd like a story where Machiko meets Ahab.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 17, 2016, 07:34:34 PM
Yeah, I take that to mean it more or less happened, some stuff being different if needed to make it it. Same with the AvP movie.

Which is why I'm not really fussed about canon. I'll just enjoy what I enjoy.

Ultramorph

Exactly, I'm long over caring too much about canon. I just want the new books and comics to be good, which they have, so I'm happy.

Also just realized that we're about to have 3 weeks of consecutive releases with Defiance #2, Predator #4, then Prometheus #1.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed