Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within*

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 28, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

Author
Leaked images from the set? *spoilers within* (Read 76,327 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 29, 2016, 01:32:56 AM
Quote from: Himmelblau on Oct 28, 2016, 11:47:27 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3b/37/06/3b37069080a97b0e04acab696b74d235.jpg

Great to see one of Giger's designs incorporated into the film. It actually fits the description of that NEOMORPH that walks on all fours at first and then upright. Another design element I always liked by Giger was the human lips that KISS its victim before shooting its tongue into their mouths and pulling their brains out. Ive never really understood why Fox wasnt all over that.

If you look at the creature with its back to us in the bottom left corner, I think that fit the description of the NEOMORPH as well. Two dorsal spikes and a pointed head that rips from inside the host.

What the hell is that big spike in the background? I dont think its a tail. Maybe the elongated back of something's head?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 28, 2016, 09:26:09 PM
Wow.
So it looks like we can add more weight to that Dr. Moreau vibe.
There are lots on implications here you guys!
Think about it:
These photos either mean, David has somehow had people to experiment on before the crew of the COVENANT arrives. Or... This film takes place over some time, because this set indicates somewhat extensive time has passed.
Hicks was right. It is reminiscent of the 'Ripley finds her clones' scene in A:R. Which was supposed to have been taking place over time, BEFORE they scientist got her cloning process right, and before the Betty arrived. Right? So what does that mean? How did David obtain the specimens needed to perform these experiments? Or does the crew of the Covenant spend a considerable amount of time, unaware of his, experiments as people go missing?
Or is he using Shaw's body somehow?

Not necessarily. They could just be getting grown very quickly on their own in giant protein vats (not unlike Ripley 8, herself).

I suspect David 8 (interesting how they have the same numeral) will have come across corrupted data indicating some kind of ultimate genetic discovery and he's been attempting to follow in their footsteps to recreate it. It'll then be revealed that the original Alien is that template. Shit goes down and it'll be implied that maybe there were surviving caches of these creations scattered around space, implying what we saw on the derelict, in 'Alien', happens to be one of them and that more potentially exist.

Heads up the Deacon spotted on set!!!!

No. The Deacon design had no dorsal tubes.

Actually, what a lot of these designs remind me of is 'Splice'.

CainsSon

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 29, 2016, 02:51:25 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 28, 2016, 09:26:09 PM
Wow.
So it looks like we can add more weight to that Dr. Moreau vibe.
There are lots on implications here you guys!
Think about it:
These photos either mean, David has somehow had people to experiment on before the crew of the COVENANT arrives. Or... This film takes place over some time, because this set indicates somewhat extensive time has passed.
Hicks was right. It is reminiscent of the 'Ripley finds her clones' scene in A:R. Which was supposed to have been taking place over time, BEFORE they scientist got her cloning process right, and before the Betty arrived. Right? So what does that mean? How did David obtain the specimens needed to perform these experiments? Or does the crew of the Covenant spend a considerable amount of time, unaware of his, experiments as people go missing?
Or is he using Shaw's body somehow?

Not necessarily. They could just be getting grown very quickly on their own in giant protein vats (not unlike Ripley 8, herself).

I suspect David 8 (interesting how they have the same numeral) will have come across corrupted data indicating some kind of ultimate genetic discovery and he's been attempting to follow in their footsteps to recreate it. It'll then be revealed that the original Alien is that template. Shit goes down and it'll be implied that maybe there were surviving caches of these creations scattered around space, implying what we saw on the derelict, in 'Alien', happens to be one of them and that more potentially exist.

Heads up the Deacon spotted on set!!!!

No. The Deacon design had no dorsal tubes.

Actually, what a lot of these designs remind me of is 'Splice'.

I can see the Splice stuff, especially in the Giger design, oddly enough.

I see your angle but I think it is way to exposition heavy, in terms of where the Aliens are, it's also an uneventful explanation. Films like this - SHOW they dont tell. For them to find David having simply grown these things in tubes from scratch...Its very, Bond-villainy. I wouldn't like that. And Im not sold on the idea that Shaw is some baby machine. It could be way too over the top if handled wrong. But I don't expect they will remove the one facet of Alien that makes the creatures so Alien-y IE; the body horror stuff... Making David 8 (i think that was a nod to where its going) experiment to create these things and find some way to do it without actually DOING it to people, is a bit anti-climactic and exposition heavy. Again, Im not saying the Shaw abuse is WHAT IS HAPPENING per se, but I do think its looking like what we will be getting.

What I do think people are outright wrong about is FLASHBACKS. I dont think anything in this will involve flashbacks. Scenes shuffled in more than one timeline, maybe. But I seriously doubt we are going to see any real flashbacks. I also hope we dont get any more silly ghostly video recordings like we did in PROMETHEUS.

DorkiDori

Quote from: CainsSon linkI also hope we dont get any more silly ghostly video recordings like we did in PROMETHEUS.

obviously someone didnt see Prometheus in IMAX 3D... those scenes were amazing!!!

Necronomicon II

Pretty cool, nothing we haven't seen before really, was afraid it'd be genuinely spoiler-rific, loving some of those sketches. I can imagine the camera panning across most of this stuff however, seems like a lot of concept-stage material.

sugarhigh

So....David convinces Shaw to reattach his head, they hop on the Juggernaut, zip through space, stop at an interstellar art supply store to stock up on paper, modeling clay, paints, charcoals and display stands, then land on some jungle planet where David begins his career as a designer for Sideshow Collectables? And maybe makes some real aliens on the side?
I seriously hope those are models with reference sketches and not something that we will actually see in the film.
And here I was thinking maybe Ridley and Fox may have learned from all of the mistakes that made Prometheus the shit show that it was....

whiterabbit

Maybe David steals Shaw's body and then forgets that the black goo works on organic matter; BAM, Alien with biomechanical parts.

Kaltes

The sexual stuff is so blatant to a point where it's laughable and feels like self parody. And the Xenomorphs look inbred. 

Darkness

Sorry chaps, Fox legal have asked me to remove the images from the news post. They still seem to be at the original source for now. I added them to the first post as a backup.

Lonely Universe

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2016, 11:10:14 PM
Quote from: BlazingAngels on Oct 28, 2016, 09:26:42 PM
Tough titty? If they spoil something expect complaints.
If you follow a site that's been spoiling information for 15 years, expect spoilers.
Walled in behind spoiler tags, a rule of the very site that we all are expected to adhere to.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 29, 2016, 01:32:56 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3b/37/06/3b37069080a97b0e04acab696b74d235.jpg

Always reminded me of Aphex Twin's "Rubber Johnny"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRvfxWRi6qQ

Kind of disturbing but worth the watch... You can clearly tell the similarities here. I wonder if Scott or anyone on his team is a Chris Cunningham (from Aphex Twin) fan.

And while talking about creepy Chris Cunningham / Aphex Twin video monsters, I wouldn't mind seeing the creature that comes out of the TV at the 3:52 mark in "Come to daddy" in a future Prometheus related movie. That scene creeps the hell out of me, especially the mechanized mad-man cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmNmpGnKp4
Fast forward to 3:52 (and 5:02)

Necronomicon II

And...........they're gone!

whiterabbit

Nothings ever gone from the internet.

Necronomicon II

Yes, we just chase the furry white rabbit down the rabbit hole. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed