Arrow AvP Requiem DVD Review

Started by Darkness, Mar 25, 2008, 02:24:27 PM

Author
Arrow AvP Requiem DVD Review (Read 9,057 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Another review of the AvP Requiem Unrated DVD can be found over on Arrow in the Head. They give the DVD 2.5/5 but the major point here is how many times the reviewer mentioned how dark the movie is. As we all know, a big complaint was about the darkness and evidently, this hasn’t been corrected on the DVD.

“In fact, I really liked the design of both the Aliens and the Predators in Requiem, but sadly, most of the time the film is so dark that you can't see a damn thing. I didn't see the film in the theatre, but I wonder if it was as dark on the big screen as it is here. This is a big problem much of the film, I could barely tell what was happening and I started to lose interest as to who is fighting whom.”

They go over the special features but don’t talk about the differences between the Theatrical and Unrated cut. Thanks to ScarPredator16 for the news. Also check out his Fan Review of the DVD in the forum where he mentions what new scenes are in the Unrated cut.

slipknotpredator

I didnt find the movie dark. It was when i saw it on theatres.

Krycek

Krycek

Nice going Fox, thanks for listening to your fanbase.

Necrotard

Necrotard

I saw everything and kept up with the action just fine in the theaters.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I CAN'T SEE THE MOVIE  BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWW  The film isn't overly dark at all.  BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

MoBiUGeArSkIn

It's dark... but no darker than some of the others. I don't remember ever getting a clear view of the aliens in ALIENS. They were always obscured by something, be it the scenary or blasts of steam.  I also didn't have much of a problem with the editing.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Mobi...something is right haha  the film is not too dark. All these reviews are annoying me, not just this movie. But Funny Games got a bad review too. Now I'v had it. All these ppl are getting paid to write bad about these things. How many ppl here know for a fact this movie was made to be an 80's action slick, I DID!!!!! seriously people!

scott

scott

i really loved it and kept up with the action in the cinema but i have to wait untill 19th of may to get the dvd

rchin1

rchin1

not stopping me from getting the dvd still It's fun, action and I saw  just fine through the dark scenes   smiley:   :)     :)     :)  

Its Game Time

The film is fine as far as lighting. I had no problem seeing it at all.

Secret Hero

Secret Hero

As he said is right. We can't even have a clear sighting of the PredAlien and especially my favorite "The Wolf".

War Wager

War Wager

Never had any darkness problems myself but I can see how it would be darker on the small screen.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The movie was not dark to the point you couldn't see anything, anyone who said that either was so unlucky they saw a rare bad copy of the movie or they seriously need their eyes checked or they just wanted to continue being haters because I guess it's a full time job.  I'm sure the blu-ray DVD is going to be perfect! I'm sure I'm going totally love it, I'm sure I'm going to be watching this movie daily just like I AM LEGEND on blu-ray.   Stop listening to what other people say, make up your own dam mind,period, end of story, thank you, good bye have a nice day!   ;)  

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Notice something, why is it in all the so called "unrated dvd news" there are no mentionings of the new scenes. Now aren't those some pretty cool things we all want to know of. The longer/newer beginning, the grave yard scene, more character dev. scenes, I mean why has none of them said anything. To be frank, if there is one more like this one where they "claim its too dark" and theres no talk about the new scenes, then I don't think they saw it. I think there lying. Well screw that cousin f***er, lets just wait before we have a "dvd review" telling us not to get it

Wake Up

Wake Up

I agree! Gort Pred, why have none of the reviews of the DVD/Blu-Ray mentoned the extra scene's and bonus footage/material? I mean that's the only reason we want to purchase it!   Im not bothered about the bad reviews of the film, Im used to it! but I want to know about whats in the DVD/Blu-Ray version that wasnt in the theatrical version

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed