Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 359,147 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Blu-Ray.com Review of the Anthology. Reading it right now. :)

Xeno

Xeno

Quote from: Troy on Nov 05, 2010, 01:58:45 AM
Quote from: Vulhala on Nov 04, 2010, 03:21:28 PM
I say we pin Troy down and beat him with a phone book until he tells us  ;D

No need to pin me down. I already gave you one you need in clue form... H.R. Giger's Workshop... the answer's right there.
We found this one already, but we're still searching the easter eggs from the Quadrilogy.  ???

Quote from: appleguy on Nov 06, 2010, 01:25:18 AM
Both on disc six:
Under Alien
Highlight Gigers workshop and click right it hilights an icon which gives you tha ash science report.
Do the same with I think the casting alien bit and get the crew dossiers

As for the other two...who knows...No really who knows?

From thedigitalbits.com:

"That includes the original audio commentaries as well as the new ones recorded for the 2003 Quadrilogy release, AND the original Easter eggs. (There are 4 Easter eggs in all on Disc Six of the Anthology: 2 from the original Alien DVD - the crew dossiers and xenomorph life cycle - and the 2 from the Quad set.) "

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews102210.html

echobbase79

echobbase79

I just finished watching the Alien 3 Workprint and the Blu Ray blows the Quad out of the water when it comes to the new sound mix. I'll put these in spoiler tags just in case others want to be surprised:
Spoiler

I liked how they added new background noises such as when Junior gets killed you not only hear him scream, but hear the alien screeching and tearing him apart followed by more screaming. Also, added a bone crunching sound when Golic bites the dust.
[close]
But this feels like a complete version of the movie now with the fixed dialog and added sounds.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

This might've already been answered but I'm too lazy to go back and try to figure out the right combinations of words in the search function for a 90 page thread.

On the Alien DVD, how fast does it say the Alien moves?  I have an ancient plasma screen TV as well as a PS3 for the the blue ray player and neither gives me a particularly high quality image of that screen.

Troy

Troy

So you're having trouble Extracting one of the easter eggs?

Alien³

Alien³

So pretty much I am amazed by everything I've seen on the anthology so far. I've only got A:R to go now and too be honest I'm quite excited to see it.

appleguy

appleguy

Having trouble extracting the remaining two easter eggs. Got the science report and crew evaluations.

God I hate the fold out book the UK version has. Why can't it be a book with pages like the last one? I have to unfold this metre long monstrosity to get at my discs. Do those assbags at Fox think this is cool?

predxeno

predxeno

I guess the US and the UK switched places.  The US DVD set was foldout, now it's book-like.  The UK DVD set was book-like, now it's fold-out, :P

Troy

Troy

Quote from: appleguy on Nov 07, 2010, 10:35:23 PM
Having trouble extracting the remaining two easter eggs. Got the science report and crew evaluations.

Dr. Gediman is an expert at Extracting things like Queens...

predxeno

predxeno

Thanks for the tip. ;)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Eh, made a mistake, he already got the winners.  :-\ Sorry guys.

predxeno

predxeno

Ah well, thanks for keeping an eye out for us. ;)

appleguy

appleguy

Still can't find it. Is this disc six? I've checked all the alien ressurection section and found dick-all

Troy

Troy

Quote from: appleguy on Nov 08, 2010, 11:08:47 PM
Still can't find it. Is this disc six? I've checked all the alien ressurection section and found dick-all

Yes. Disc six. Dig deeper, Agent Appleguy... if you get the image in your head, maybe you'll be able to produce it.

appleguy

appleguy

Ah found it! Some interview with David Prior about playing an alien in resurrection.
Now for the last one...

EDIT

Fount it!!!

A boy and his powerloader.

Is that it? Four then?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed