Alien Anthology Discussion

Started by AVP66, Feb 19, 2009, 04:11:42 PM

Author
Alien Anthology Discussion (Read 357,584 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Well, could we see Murphy talking in the scene?  If Murphy talking while moving to look closer is integral to that scene, then simply removing the audio would show us Murphy opening and closing his mouth with no words coming out.

Troy

Troy

Quote from: appleguy on Oct 31, 2010, 11:25:32 AM
Any chance someone could make a list of the easter eggs and their exact locations?

Where's the fun in that?

I'll give you a hint: H.R. Giger...

SiL

SiL

The "Spike?" line isn't in the special edition on the Quad DVD.

I think it has to do with using branching scenes for some regions and not others.

predxeno

predxeno

In Region 1 Alien Quadriology, it was. :(

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2010, 12:39:57 AM
The "Spike?" line isn't in the special edition on the Quad DVD.

I think it has to do with using branching scenes for some regions and not others.

Interesting. That must be it, since I've never seen the special edition without it.

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 02, 2010, 12:30:05 AM
Well, could we see Murphy talking in the scene?  If Murphy talking while moving to look closer is integral to that scene, then simply removing the audio would show us Murphy opening and closing his mouth with no words coming out.

You can't. It's definitely ADR done after the fact, so it's an easy fix.

predxeno

predxeno

They should've kept it consistent. :(

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

About the Spike issue, I don't know why they didn't keep the scene where he's riding inside the EEV as its craned inside the building and just cut away before the facehugger reveal. That way he's in the movie, and you don't need to show his death for the audience to surmise that the alien has done away with him. Suddenly the scene makes sense again.

predxeno

predxeno

What?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: The Necronoir on Nov 02, 2010, 02:18:15 AM
About the Spike issue, I don't know why they didn't keep the scene where he's riding inside the EEV as its craned inside the building and just cut away before the facehugger reveal. That way he's in the movie, and you don't need to show his death for the audience to surmise that the alien has done away with him. Suddenly the scene makes sense again.

Yeah, you lost me there too.

Anyway, I watched the making of Alien 3 with all the footage that was edited out of the Quad and found it very interesting. To be honest some of it was quite funny. I got to really like executive producer Ezra Swerdlow in this version. He was just kind of thrown into the meat grinder as well. I like how he's very blunt and honest about things and that he actually had more weight on the show than the Quad led you to believe. In the Quad I was just like,"who the f**k is this tool that keeps popping up and talking." All the other stuff was good too.

It also revealed that Fincher could be an ass too. There's a brief part where the wardrobe guy talks about he worked on the film one day then said he wasn't coming back because of Fincher being an ass. But at the end Fincher was just shooting the film Fox wanted to make. They even comment on how Fox, Giler, and Hill would be in charge of the story end of things and that David would just shoot what they wrote. But David was determined to get more of a say so. Which I commend him for because that's probably why he has the career he has now.

Also, I agree with Phantom and think the Alien transfer a little darker than previous versions. For example, when Kane goes down into the egg chamber I couldn't make out the eggs in the wide shot when he says, "What the hell is this?" Also, when he's walking along the various pins containing eggs they're very dark. Of course maybe this is what Ridley wanted.

Troy

Troy

Not enough, eh? Okay, another hint:

H.R. Giger's Workshop

That's all I'll give you.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: The Necronoir on Nov 02, 2010, 02:18:15 AM

I'm addressing the fact that the SE includes the line where Murphy calls to spike in the air vent, when we don't ever see the dog in that cut.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The transfer for Alien ended up being very good even though it was dark in areas, but nothing to serious. But other scenes such as ones in mother's room looked very good. The ship interiors were all very sharp detailed this time around.

Now on to Aliens which I watched a little bit of before I had to go to bed, but what I saw looked amazing. Especially, the shot of the ships flying outside of Gateway at the beginning.

appleguy

appleguy

Ah, found the crew documents and the ash science reports on disc 6.
Are there any other easter eggs I'm missing?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: appleguy on Nov 02, 2010, 07:04:01 PM
Ah, found the crew documents and the ash science reports on disc 6.
Are there any other easter eggs I'm missing?
How'd you find them?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Also can't find the footage of Fincher flipping out. I watched Wreckage and Rage but it wasn't on there.

Anyone notice that according to the dossiers from Aliens that the Nostromo had previously docked at Gateway. From Ripley's comments in Aliens I'd assumed Gateway was built after Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed