Prometheus 2 To Start Production In February

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 13, 2015, 08:25:19 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 To Start Production In February (Read 10,914 times)

T Dog

5 years is a pretty long time between projects for modern hollywood times!
Hoping they have made efforts to take on feedback and criticism and do this one right!

oduodu

I wonder why big boy deserted the engineers on lv 223.

T Dog

Quote from: oduodu on Sep 14, 2015, 09:36:13 AM
I wonder why big boy deserted the engineers on lv 223.

I thought though that the Engineers on Lv223 WERE the representation of the Prometheus legend. They are a splinter group who stole and misused technology.....

oduodu

oduodu

Why would big boy allow them to so ?? Unless he's busy with something else. Or he actually wanted that to happen.

If they are the ones who stole the fire was it to use for themselves to give to us ? or were they just testing the fire on us ? Are we the testing ground - a refinement laboratory for their improvement ? Like OK buys we now see where the problem . Reset the whole thing and let's try again.

Keyes

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 13, 2015, 12:26:16 PM
And it will either be shot in Blighty (probably Pinewood) or Oz (Fox studios in Sydney or the outback perhaps?)

Well the interview was conducted at the Toronto Film Festival, so when Ridley said "here", he was referring to Toronto, Canada as a possible shooting location along with Oz.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Daz85 on Sep 14, 2015, 12:02:45 PM
And it will either be shot in Blighty (probably Pinewood) or Oz (Fox studios in Sydney or the outback perhaps?)

Well the interview was conducted at the Toronto Film Festival, so when Ridley said "here", he was referring to Toronto, Canada as a possible shooting location along with Oz.

That would be nice. Perhaps I could disguise myself as a bush and sneak in there.  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It occurred to me shortly after posting.  :-[
Toronto and Vancouver is basically "Hollywood North" so they have the infrastructure. Blomkamp lives in Vancouver so he'll probably drop by if they are going to film there.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/14/prometheus-sequel-to-be-shot-in-australia-or-canada-says-ridley-scott

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

I think they still can relase Prom 2 and Alien 5 in the same year if they want.The year delay for Jurassic World is not affected the film, its not better maybe just become a bit discont budgeted as i seen the original concept arts.
If they start shooting Prom 2 im february it could wrap in april or mid may as we know Scott like to shoot fast his movies.So if Blomkamp's Alien 5 start shooting in june or august its still in time for a next summer relase..so i cant see whats the point with a year delay..they in pre production from march which was 6 month ago, and if they start filming next august/sept that amount of time could be enough for a director to finish script and prepping.The most biggest problem is our leadig heroes Weaver and Biehn are getting older and a year delay is not good for Weaver 66 ,Biehn 59.They will star in their legendary roles in a sci-fi action movie! Where is a respect to them if they have to wait for Prom 2 to be a succes? And what if its not?
By the way i like the interview with Ridley Scott just cant see whats the point of a possible delay.
Relase Prometheus 2 in March 2017 and Alien 5 in July or November,2017. ::)  ???

System Apollo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 14, 2015, 04:37:24 PM

It occurred to me shortly after posting.  :-[
Toronto and Vancouver is basically "Hollywood North" so they have the infrastructure. Blomkamp lives in Vancouver so he'll probably drop by if they are going to film there.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/14/prometheus-sequel-to-be-shot-in-australia-or-canada-says-ridley-scott
WHAT!? I'm living in Vancouver! And the worst part is that I thought I have seen him but dismissed it!

Also, some input on the topic. AvP Requiem was also filmed here in Vancouver, it seems to be turning in a slight trend for Alien movies.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Danny Harrigan on Sep 14, 2015, 07:27:51 PM
If they start shooting Prom 2 im february it could wrap in april or mid may as we know Scott like to shoot fast his movies.So if Blomkamp's Alien 5 start shooting in june or august its still in time for a next summer relase..so i cant see whats the point with a year delay..they in pre production from march which was 6 month ago, and if they start filming next august/sept that amount of time could be enough for a director to finish script and prepping.
By the way i like the interview with Ridley Scott just cant see whats the point of a possible delay.
Relase Prometheus 2 in March 2017 and Alien 5 in July or November,2017. ::)  ???

Delay could likely be due to funding, even the mighty Fox can't just pull out $130 - 150 million in cash from out of nowhere and they already have quite a few films in the pipeline.

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 15, 2015, 10:36:19 AM
WHAT!? I'm living in Vancouver! And the worst part is that I thought I have seen him but dismissed it!

His office is located in West 5th Avenue, Vancouver, just down the road from Image Engine, his preferred visual effects house.

System Apollo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 15, 2015, 01:09:43 PM

Delay could likely be due to funding, even the mighty Fox can't just pull out $130 - 150 million in cash from out of nowhere and they already have quite a few films in the pipeline.
They seem to be going downhill. I haven't seen anything as of recently come out of their studios with artistic integrity.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 15, 2015, 01:09:43 PM
His office is located in West 5th Avenue, Vancouver, just down the road from Image Engine, his preferred visual effects house.
Okay, I'm going to finish work in an hour from now. I'll go check it out.  ;D

Infected

Just keep your fingers crossed Lindelof aint gonna be involved.

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

There will be money for Alien 5 very fastly as Fox cancelles FF2. ;D
But the problem is Predator 4 also scheduled for a 2017 relase and thats a 30 th anniversary of Predator so Fox is in a serious delay.Prometheus should be out next year, i think Scott would shoot this year as he finished the editing of The Martian this march.

How Scott mentioned we havent seen the big guy made me curious about the movie finally.This "guy" really could be the enginier of the enginiers the Space Jockey.I always thought Prometheus is retconned Alien a bit with the Jockey becomes this small almost human sized Enginiers, but if we get the real Jockey that logical problem could be solved.Maybe Prom 2 finishes on Lv 426 with another chestburster scene :o ..than will be even harder to wait a year for A5.

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't Pinewood have some studios over in Canada? And a lot of sci-fi shows tend to get shot in Vancouver so it'd be no surprise.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

There's one in Toronto. Not quite as distinguished as the one in Buckinghamshire though.

QuoteThere will be money for Alien 5 very fastly as Fox cancelles FF2. ;D

Yeah, but they still need to recover from the box office loss of the first one as well. And then Fox still needs to finance Cameron's ultra expensive Avatar sequels, Predator 4, Prometheus 2, Wolverine 3, another Planet of the Apes sequel, Assassin's Creed, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool to name but a few.

Lots on their plate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed