New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,203 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 05, 2021, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 04, 2021, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2021, 12:17:13 PM
Let's get back to talking "Skulls" on this thread ladies and gents! :)

I don't like that title. >:(

Too on the nose of what the film implies perhaps?

What I think Local means is he prefers the title "CRABATOR". :laugh:

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 05, 2021, 05:23:28 PM
It's just its production codename. And yes, as a title all on its own, it sucks. But since it's just a working title, it's fine. No way it was/is ever planned to just be called "Skulls" any more than the 2014 Godzilla was going to be called "Nautilus."

I see you're speaking in the definitive here, but don't be so certain my friend.

After Split, not Unbreakable 2, Jigsaw not Saw, The Dark Knight not Batman, Man of Steel not Superman, Prometheus not Alien etc. etc etc... and considering Dan Trachtenberg pubically admitted this being a Predator film was supposed to be a surprise... it is 100% conceivable that this film was going to be released as "Skulls" and maybe still will. (I hope so!)

Also, one day, I hope they release a new Alien film simply titled "The Perfect Organism"! :)

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah I like this title too !

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2021, 08:56:38 PMThe Predator actually has a tiny bit of good cinematographic elements, while AVP-R has none.

This.

Some of The Predator is undeniably shit, but bits of it are really good.

All of Requiem is undeniably shit.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2021, 06:59:45 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 03, 2021, 08:56:38 PMThe Predator actually has a tiny bit of good cinematographic elements, while AVP-R has none.

This.

You, sir, are a good man  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Come on guys, you can continue the match between the so-so film "The Predator" and the wonderful "AvP-R" right here:  ;D

The Predator VS AVPR
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61520

Thanks!

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 06:06:24 PM
It's just its production codename. And yes, as a title all on its own, it sucks. But since it's just a working title, it's fine. No way it was/is ever planned to just be called "Skulls" any more than the 2014 Godzilla was going to be called "Nautilus."

I see you're speaking in the definitive here, but don't be so certain my friend.

After Split, not Unbreakable 2, Jigsaw not Saw, The Dark Knight not Batman, Man of Steel not Superman, Prometheus not Alien etc. etc etc... and considering Dan Trachtenberg pubically admitted this being a Predator film was supposed to be a surprise... it is 100% conceivable that this film was going to be released as "Skulls" and maybe still will. (I hope so!)

It's certainly possible, but all those have qualifiers. Split's....
Spoiler
....connection to Unbreakable was a trademark Shyamalan secret twist ending that's only revealed in the final 10 seconds of the movie,....
[close]
...., Dark Knight and Man of Steel are both synonymous with Batman and Superman respectively, and after a billion Saw movies establishing it as a major horror franchise if you hear there's a horror movie coming out called "Jigsaw" you'd immediately know of its connection (same with the TV show "Chucky" that's in the works, or that "Leatherface" was a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film).

And Prometheus originally had all manner of titles with "Alien" in them until they decided to shift it away from being a direct prequel to the original film and something else set in the same universe.

"Skulls" doesn't have any sort of connection to Predators as a title other than being a nice little nod if you're in the know, same as if it were called "Spines" or "Three Red Dots" or "Really Needs a Manicure."

I think it's certainly possible it could be released with a title that doesn't have "Predator" in it, I just don't think it would have been "Skulls" either way, especially not now that the secret has been spoiled anyway.

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 05, 2021, 05:23:28 PMAlso, one day, I hope they release a new Alien film simply titled "The Perfect Organism"! :)

426Buddy

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Apr 05, 2021, 05:07:16 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 04, 2021, 09:03:03 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2021, 12:17:13 PM
Let's get back to talking "Skulls" on this thread ladies and gents! :)

I don't like that title. >:(

Too on the nose of what the film implies perhaps?

Local is very anti-skull when it comes to Aliens.

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Why didn't I make that connection?
((facepalm))

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 05, 2021, 08:12:03 PM

It's certainly possible, but all those have qualifiers. Split's....
Spoiler
....connection to Unbreakable was a trademark Shyamalan secret twist ending that's only revealed in the final 10 seconds of the movie,....
[close]
...., Dark Knight and Man of Steel are both synonymous with Batman and Superman respectively, and after a billion Saw movies establishing it as a major horror franchise if you hear there's a horror movie coming out called "Jigsaw" you'd immediately know of its connection (same with the TV show "Chucky" that's in the works, or that "Leatherface" was a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film).

And Prometheus originally had all manner of titles with "Alien" in them until they decided to shift it away from being a direct prequel to the original film and something else set in the same universe.

Nah, to me that's thin. Me thinks you're stretching to give them all "qualifiers".  U.S. Marshals. Creed. Army Of Darkness. The Color Of Money. This Is 40. Take your pick. They all can't be special situations to discount the possibility of a Skulls title for our new Predator film in my humble opinion.

Will it happen? Who knows, but I think it's very possible and a smart marketing decision to further separate itself from the bad taste "The Predator" left in so many mouths. So fingers crossed! :)

Quote"Skulls" doesn't have any sort of connection to Predators as a title other than being a nice little nod if you're in the know, same as if it were called "Spines" or "Three Red Dots" or "Really Needs a Manicure."

::)

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 06:06:24 PMAlso, one day, I hope they release a new Alien film simply titled "The Perfect Organism"! :)

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 08:35:42 PMNah, to me that's thin. Me thinks you're stretching to give them all "qualifiers".  U.S. Marshals. Creed. Army Of Darkness. The Color Of Money. This Is 40. Take your pick. They all can't be special situations to discount the possibility of a Skulls title for our new Predator film in my humble opinion.

Will it happen? Who knows, but I think it's very possible and a smart marketing decision to further separate itself from the bad taste "The Predator" left in so many mouths. So fingers crossed! :)

Many of those are just sequels to a single movie though, not franchises, where at a certain point the franchise name is what helps sell it. But you're right in that it'd definitely be good to separate itself from The Predator as much as possible, and many of those previous movies that dropped their franchise/main character names came with reboots or semi-reboots. So if it was going to happen, it'd happen now.

But I just think "Skulls" on its own sucks as a title either way. :laugh:

Besides, if they went with that then they'd only be painting themselves into a corner when it came to the inevitable soft reboot in a decade or so's time, "The Skulls"; it's taken!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 08:35:42 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2021, 06:06:24 PMAlso, one day, I hope they release a new Alien film simply titled "The Perfect Organism"! :)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8e/5b/46/8e5b46569d1f4a1338f5c36aff060b4b.gif

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/0c/55/070c5514a13125dabb854113f8a117cc.gif

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2021, 09:28:31 PM

Can I suggest someone who'd be perfect to do those practical fx?  ;D

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 05, 2021, 08:55:05 PM
Besides, if they went with that then they'd only be painting themselves into a corner when it came to the inevitable soft reboot in a decade or so's time, "The Skulls"; it's taken!

:laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Still perfect. But I don't dig that hypothetical title.

kwisatz

kwisatz

YEAH BABY YEAH

I had Spydor tho

happypred

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2021, 06:59:45 PM

This.

Have to disagree there

The Predator was absolute shit through and through

Requiem was somewhat watchable when the focus was on Wolf, not on the teen drama

I suspect much of the hate directed at Requiem by Alien fans is traced to how Wolf slaughters Aliens left and right in that film. Yes, those fights could've been handled much better...but while Requiem was a bad but sincere attempt, The Predator was a horrendous joke I could barely sit through.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed