[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,104 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 05, 2021, 05:40:57 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 05, 2021, 01:20:23 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Mar 04, 2021, 10:59:45 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 04, 2021, 02:06:45 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Mar 04, 2021, 01:25:41 AM
I'm confident they will make this rated R. I think Disney knows they would piss the fans off if they get accused of ''watering it down''. That's why they made Alien an FX on HULU series versus green lighting a 150 million PG-13 Alien movie.

Hmm. Well, come to think of it, FX is a non premium traditional cable channel here in the U.S. with commercial interruptions. So there has to be some limitations on what they show on there, right? We actually may be getting a PG-13 Alien series here, or one with content of a soft R.

They make shows for FX and shows for FX on Hulu. Also, FX really pushes the limit on what can be done on TV. Some of their shows are as violent as an R Rated film.

I'm not certain what you're saying here though. Hulu is a streaming platform for FX shows. Even the FX shows like The Shield that aired before the streaming deal, now streams on Hulu. But since the FX on Hulu deal agreement, shows will still stream on Hulu after they air on FX broadcast television first.

FX exclusively produced 4 shows for Hulu under the FX on Hulu brand. A Teacher, Mrs. America, Devs, & The Old Man (coming later this year). They were developed for the linear FX channel but became Hulu exclusives.

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/fx-hulu-disney-mrs-america-american-horror-story-1203397601/

Im not 100% sure if Alien will be FX proper or exclusively produced for Hulu by FX but there is a difference from what I understand.

Oy, well that certainly can get confusing. Thanks for the details MudButt!

Xeno Black

I live in calgary and I am native.
I was a extra for Ghostbusters 3 I am gonna try so hard to show my face in this movie!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xeno Black on Mar 10, 2021, 12:29:06 AM
I was a extra for Ghostbusters 3 I am gonna try so hard to show my face in this movie!

Best of luck, sincerely.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xeno Black on Mar 10, 2021, 12:29:06 AM

You know where we are for some scoops  ;)

But seriously, good luck!

Billiken

Bizarre we've heard nothing about casting. I think someone like Josh Brolin would be great in this.

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. Josh Brolin as a Comanche? I seem to remember reading he was from Swiss descent.

In regarding to casting news, I suspect the likely casting of unknown young actors for the lead roles of Kee and Taabe, with the latter being an underage child, isn't going to be generally sought out for some splashy headlines. I wouldn't be shocked if nothing breaks on casting before filming begins honestly, if all the Comanche actors are generally unknowns.

But the good news is, we've been learning bits of info since our report that is confirming Skulls appears to be still moving along and on track, with filming to commence this year. :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, can't wait to see things unravel. I'm really looking forward to this.

Billiken

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2021, 12:12:09 PM
Hmm. Josh Brolin as a Comanche? I seem to remember reading he was from Swiss descent.

In regarding to casting news, I suspect the likely casting of unknown young actors for the lead roles of Kee and Taabe, with the latter being an underage child, isn't going to be generally sought out for some splashy headlines. I wouldn't be shocked if nothing breaks on casting before filming begins honestly, if all the Comanche actors are generally unknowns.

But the good news is, we've been learning bits of info since our report that is confirming Skulls appears to be still moving along and on track, with filming to commence this year. :)

Brolin comment, I sorry know nothing about this movie. Thought he could be a white antagonist or something like in sicario

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Billiken on Mar 10, 2021, 01:15:23 PM
Brolin comment, I sorry know nothing about this movie. Thought he could be a white antagonist or something like in sicario

The production synopsis says "in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands", so it at least appears that there will be no colonists. :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2021, 01:28:08 PM

The production synopsis says "in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands", so it at least appears that there will be no colonists. :)

I wonder if they'll stick to it though... I keep thinking it'll be a safer bet for the studio to include european presence.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 10, 2021, 02:05:14 PM

I wonder if they'll stick to it though... I keep thinking it'll be a safer bet for the studio to include european presence.

Yeah, unfortunately, perhaps? But I'd be happy if they didn't. Films like Rapa-Nui and Apocalypto come to mind. I guess we'll see.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 10, 2021, 02:16:04 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 10, 2021, 02:05:14 PM

Yeah, unfortunately, perhaps? But I'd be happy if they didn't. Films like Rapa-Nui and Apocalypto come to mind. I guess we'll see.

Yep I'm with you on that one. Good ol survival with no guns !

MudButt

but we can't have 2 kids kill a predator without guns that would be dumb. why's it gotta be a female lead, so forced with the PC crap..

::)

hopefully we see a couple of set photos though.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah I expect this kind of criticism that you pointed out ironically to appear more and more, soon as things will unravel. First pictures of actors etc... The uproar could be big for this one.

I choose to stay optimistic personally.

Voodoo Magic

To me it all hinges on how well it's executed, multiplied by how it fits in the context of the other films.  Like if Kee punches a Predator in the face sending it tumbling backwards, all while Dutch's punch could only make a Predator turn its head? Well start your engines folks and watch the sh*t storm begin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed