The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,979 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: bleau on May 13, 2018, 08:05:34 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on May 13, 2018, 07:56:30 PM
Quote from: bleau on May 13, 2018, 07:35:36 PM
I sure hope not. Like how did he get all the predator stuff .?

I'm pretty sure
Spoiler
his dad, Boyd Holbrook, encounters a predator while in combat, takes its technology and mails it home.
[close]

Oh wow, thank you. I was literally trying to think of a scenario and I actually thought of that being a possibility. knowing that, it all makes sense now. :)

There's a little bit more to it than that.

Spoiler
McKenna mails it to his post office box, but he gets captured and the box gets sent to the house because he missed the payment.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Scorpio on May 13, 2018, 07:05:17 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on May 13, 2018, 03:14:09 PM
OpenMaw-"Fool Hardy"? But who are you to decide what is fool hardy or not? I'm sorry to say this, but I have read "ideas" for what the next predator film should include by some self-proclaimed "fans" and those who are must ridiculous, retarded and absurd plots I have ever heard. They probably are way worse than what Shane Black is offering.

I don't know about you, but this is the movie I want to see:

This expanded to feature length.  When the predators first arrived on Earth.  Like a Prometheus style prequel, exploring the origins of the predators.

I know right. This teaser looks like a less dark and without xenomorphs version of AVP Requiem. So...why not base your new setting on the first AVP? which has a more interesting background anyways. I want a Lost World style story during the conquest of the New World or something like "The Lost City of Z".

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I dont like the tone of all that red colors in Teaser, maybe Im crazy, but I think it should be much darker red, all that red lights are way too bright - in some moments almost pink, just nothing like in previous films. And that little "beacon" thing that the Kid use as a toy, it has a bar where we can see even yellow color, I hate that. It will be better if that will be filled only with darker red color. Since when the Predators aply yellow colors into their style? Its ugly, Im against it. What do you think guys? Tell me, :-X

Scorpio

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 13, 2018, 08:01:23 PM

Eh, nope. I ignore this outside of AvP anyway.

And this alone proves that a filmmaker shouldn't try to fill all the cracks with his own version of the lore.

That one scene has more imagination than anything that came after it.

Huggs

Quote from: Scorpio on May 13, 2018, 09:20:15 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 13, 2018, 08:01:23 PM

Eh, nope. I ignore this outside of AvP anyway.

And this alone proves that a filmmaker shouldn't try to fill all the cracks with his own version of the lore.

That one scene has more imagination than anything that came after it.

To be fair, the rolling credits had more imagination than anything that came before it.  ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Unlike true fans, I must admit that my knowledge about this particular universe is limited. Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that the filmmakers have ignored the design of the ship portrayed in Predator 2. That single piece, with its ancient aesthetics, hieroglyphics and trophy room, seemed to promise a whole Predator mythology waiting to be explored in future installments.

whiterabbit

The AVP universe exists in this movie... doesn't it?

Xan21

Quote from: Scorpio on May 13, 2018, 07:05:17 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on May 13, 2018, 03:14:09 PM
OpenMaw-"Fool Hardy"? But who are you to decide what is fool hardy or not? I'm sorry to say this, but I have read "ideas" for what the next predator film should include by some self-proclaimed "fans" and those who are must ridiculous, retarded and absurd plots I have ever heard. They probably are way worse than what Shane Black is offering.

I don't know about you, but this is the movie I want to see:

This expanded to feature length.  When the predators first arrived on Earth.  Like a Prometheus style prequel, exploring the origins of the predators.

This is not what I would want... it's too GOD-like... they are not the Anunnaki.

Them upgrading themselves could be fine... if they took the right approach but that doesn't seem likely... I rather see them do that on an alien planet (that actually looks alien... no 2010 BS)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 13, 2018, 10:02:57 PM
Unlike true fans, I must admit that my knowledge about this particular universe is limited. Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that the filmmakers have ignored the design of the ship portrayed in Predator 2. That single piece, with its ancient aesthetics, hieroglyphics and trophy room, seemed to promise a whole Predator mythology waiting to be explored in future installments.

Yeah. Unfortunately we will never see the tribal look again, i'm afraid. It's a damn effective and alien looking design and probably the best part of predator 2.

I do agree with your assessment. There was a lot of potential mystery and threads being dropped at the end of Predator 2. It's pretty clear the Thomas Brothers were aiming to widen the scope for the franchise going forward.

Everything about that final scene says; these guys have been all over, and they've been doing it for a long time. There's something in that final gaze between Harrigan and Greyback. Something beyond just shared respect. Much like the skeleton in Alien, it is a peak into the larger universe, and of course the film ends with "Don't worry asshole, you'll get another chance." It's so obvious they were geared up for a third one and wanted as many options as possible.

KiramidHead

Were the Thomas brothers ever attached for a Predator 3? I'd be interested in reading their take on it.

Kailem

I always heard that they wanted to go back in time and follow through on the implication of the flintlock pistol by having a movie set in the past where there were no modern-day weapons around to fight the Predators, but I don't know if that's actually legit or just a fan theory based on P2's ending and the opening of the original Robert Rodriguez Predator 3/Predators script.

Tonkaman

Tonkaman

OpenMaw-I can tell you are one of those obsessed but sadly deluded fans. No idea of what a good movie involves. I am glad you will likely be wrong. Good thing Shane Black does not listen to someone like you.

Highland

The real question is what they gona call the sequel to this if it gets made.

Predati ..  Predatorz ..... Predatory ....

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on May 14, 2018, 04:38:10 AM
The real question is what they gona call the sequel to this if it gets made.

Predati ..  Predatorz ..... Predatory ....

1. Predators 2 - a sequel to predators

2. AVPR3 (because this looks like AVPR2)

3. Fear the Predator

4. PVC (Predator vs Creeper) "Every 23 years, for 23 days, he gets to hunt".

5. Predator Insertion: Operation Stinkfinger

6. Predator Apocalypse - AKA - The Stalking Dead. What does a predator do, when all his quarry bites the big one?

However, using the past as a guide, I think the predator is about to go down for a long nap after this one.

Alien/Predator = One creature, ten little Indians, dark and trapped.

Aliens/Predator 2 = More characters, more guns, larger environment (L.A. / Hadleys Hope Colony) Multiple Creatures, specimen collection

Alien 3/Predators = Lower number of creatures, group consists primarily of violent individuals, attempts to mimic aspects of the original film

Alien Resurrection/ The Predator = Odd director choice, comedic style, many creatures again, introduction of hybrid creatures.

Therefore, we can deduce that, give or take an AVP or 2, we should expect another predator film no sooner than 5-10 years. In order to maintain freshness, a prequel trilogy will be announced, to be directed by none other than John McTiernan. The predator origins being thus,

"an abandoned astronaut, physically changed by the suns radiation, finds refuge on a barren planet. Creating a perfect and intelligent species in his own image, bound to return to earth and hunt the pathetic humans who wronged him so terribly".

This of course will be received negatively and positively.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Tonkaman on May 14, 2018, 03:59:27 AM
OpenMaw-I can tell you are one of those obsessed but sadly deluded fans. No idea of what a good movie involves. I am glad you will likely be wrong. Good thing Shane Black does not listen to someone like you.

You're funny. You're funny, and you're wrong.  :D

Quote from: Huggs on May 14, 2018, 05:24:05 AM
Alien Resurrection/ The Predator = Odd director choice, comedic style, many creatures again, introduction of hybrid creatures.

Sad to say it but... I think you're absolutely right. More than you know.

Though, I will say this, I can tell this film will at least be more entertaining than Resurrection. It's still going to be goofy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed