Full Trailer Online (Cam recording)

Started by ikarop, Dec 21, 2011, 02:02:28 AM

Author
Full Trailer Online (Cam recording) (Read 69,240 times)

robbritton

Can I second the request for this 'serpent' thing, as I had always assumed everyone was talking about the guy in a suit being jumped on by the other (possibly mutated) fella. Was I wrong? what was it I was supposed to be looking at?

LiquidMonster

Timestamp for the serpent scene?

I didn't see it anywhere.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 21, 2011, 04:01:10 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 03:25:27 PM
Well somebody is definitly using that huge pilot chair and he seem quite large...
So i guess we will get our live Engineer.
BTW the guy who leaked the info about the giant head sculpture said he saw an 8ft tall actor playing the Engineer in a cryo rack...
I've got no doubt we will see them alive and kicking.
Either an original one, a mutated human that becomes one or a reborn one from Shaw.

I think it is quite definite that we will see a living spacejockey.
If you combine this
http://www.willowmanagement.co.uk/profile.html?p_name=Phill%20Martin&p_id=83
with that
http://twitter.com/#!/clownfeet77/status/101381732493832192
Quote@oliverjmoore I've been playing catch up at the gym. Managed to lose about a stone doing suit work on #prometheus !

Nice find.
the name ENGINEER is definitly official and it confirms again the accuracy of this report:
Spoiler
"I was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i'm guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.

The engineer is played by some huge guy who is 8ft tall. He appears even bigger in the space jockey scene from Alien as he is wearing a space suit. He appears to have died in a seat that looks like it is some sort of weapon control, this is in fact the navigation system that the space ship uses to open worm holes and plot its course. Perhaps the aliens revolted and, knowing that he has been impregnated, he is desperately trying to return home to have the alien extricated?

He showed me some pictures from the set. There is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations, this is probably due to the fact that he has mastered the technology that continues to provide the resource requirements of his home world. I also saw a picture of the actor who plays the engineer in what appeared to be some sort of cryo-chamber."
[close]

However i doubt this actor will be portraying the Engineer without the suit.
Still bet my money on Pierce.
EDIT, yep he does say in his tweet that he's done suit work.

Game_Over_Man

Game_Over_Man

For your perusal  8)

http://youtu.be/nvBtMS-cRiY

Valaquen

Mastes1

Mastes1

Hi guys

Long time lurker (mainly over Prometheus news). Anyway i joined because of this report that the person a few above me posted -

Spoiler
I was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i'm guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.

The engineer is played by some huge guy who is 8ft tall. He appears even bigger in the space jockey scene from Alien as he is wearing a space suit. He appears to have died in a seat that looks like it is some sort of weapon control, this is in fact the navigation system that the space ship uses to open worm holes and plot its course. Perhaps the aliens revolted and, knowing that he has been impregnated, he is desperately trying to return home to have the alien extricated?

He showed me some pictures from the set. There is a huge silver bust of the engineers head, it is approximately 15m high. It appears that the engineer is sort of leader of a civilisation and there is a cult around his personality and his alien creations, this is probably due to the fact that he has mastered the technology that continues to provide the resource requirements of his home world. I also saw a picture of the actor who plays the engineer in what appeared to be some sort of cryo-chamber."
[close]

Its just that he got a lot right in this and it fits with my theory that i wanted to post.
Now regardless of what Scott or Linderof etc has said, i believe that the space jockey in Prometheus is the one from ALIEN. I think that for some reason (probably one of the humans trying to steal tech from the Jockey) the engineer turns on the humans and was taking off for earth when the humans some how shot it down. Now i believe that the planet they are on is LV-426, yeah thats right. I think the Engineer was in the middle of terraforming LV-426 when the humans get there and thats why the planet has an atmosphere and looks different that in ALIEN and ALIENS. Maybe he was only half way through the terraforming process which is why the planet still looked baron but i think when the Engineer gets shot down, the terraforming process stops and over the next 30 years, the planet loses its atmosphere and goes back to how it orig was and how we now see LV-426 in ALIEN and ALIENS. I think the xeno's will be in the film at the end (the main reason why the humans shoot down the Engineers ship) and either the engineer or probably Shaw or one of the survivors will try their best to use the Engineers technology to set up a warning beacon/message to keep people away from LV-426.
Of course i could be dead wrong but thats how i feel the film will play out towards the end. Anyone agree with this?.

Salt The Fries

Plenty of plausible scenarios here and there, some ideas are very very likely to become materialized in the movie, but I would like to think there's a lot more to it. I had some vision a couple of hours ago what could have happened during the course of the movie, but I didn't have the time to externalize my fragile thoughts, and now several hours after it I can't seem to come up with anything, especially after reading all your crazy theories and your gang-bang brainstorming :D

marsekay

heres what the film is about i think,

company finds SJ tech, finds out its all bio engineered (grown suits, grown ships etc)

Scientists grow their own versions of the suits (inside the urns)

company wants the tech but the scientists say its too dangerous.

fight breaks out between company and scientists.

1 or more flee the planet by "wearing" the jockey suit to be able to fly the ship with as far away from earth as possible.

little does this pilot know this human created "suit" contains a flaw, it wants to reproduce itself!

commence crashing ship, warning set off, and wayland KNOWING theres someone out there with that tech they ran away with!

Prometheus (crew) stole the fire (tech) from the gods (wayland yutani)

Yeah thats pretty much it i reckon. :P

Salt The Fries

BTW, someone's on the wheelchair when this chick is falling to her knees... And Noomi looks angrily after the shot of Theron running down the corridor, as if some other human wanted to do some harm to her or compromise her mission...And before that someone's pulling the cycle stick up and you can see the Weyland-Yutani logo on the dashboard.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Mastes1 on Dec 21, 2011, 05:20:48 PM
Hi guys

Long time lurker (mainly over Prometheus news). Anyway i joined because of this report that the person a few above me posted -

Spoiler
I was speaking with a guy who is working on the set of prometheus and he showed me some pictures and told me a bout the storyline. The space jockey that you see in alien who has had his chest busted open is the guy who engineers the aliens. He sends the aliens to planet that he wants to take over. The aliens kill the locals and he flys in and pillages the land of its resources. It seems as though he is responsible for the aliens creation, i'm guessing that he is some kind of super scientist.

[close]

Its just that he got a lot right in this and it fits with my theory that i wanted to post.
Now regardless of what Scott or Linderof etc has said, i believe that the space jockey in Prometheus is the one from ALIEN. I think that for some reason (probably one of the humans trying to steal tech from the Jockey) the engineer turns on the humans and was taking off for earth when the humans some how shot it down. Now i believe that the planet they are on is LV-426, yeah thats right. I think the Engineer was in the middle of terraforming LV-426 when the humans get there and thats why the planet has an atmosphere and looks different that in ALIEN and ALIENS. Maybe he was only half way through the terraforming process which is why the planet still looked baron but i think when the Engineer gets shot down, the terraforming process stops and over the next 30 years, the planet loses its atmosphere and goes back to how it orig was and how we now see LV-426 in ALIEN and ALIENS. I think the xeno's will be in the film at the end (the main reason why the humans shoot down the Engineers ship) and either the engineer or probably Shaw or one of the survivors will try their best to use the Engineers technology to set up a warning beacon/message to keep people away from LV-426.
Of course i could be dead wrong but thats how i feel the film will play out towards the end. Anyone agree with this?.

Welcome ;)
Just wanted to say that if you start by saying what Scott and Lindelof said is BS then everything is possible...

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-news/comic-con-2011-exclusive-damon-lindelof-talks-prometheus-makes-peace-with-lost-fans/
QuoteGod willing, if Prometheus is successful, and there is a sequel, it won't be Alien because the end of this movie, if this movie is A to Z, Z is not there's a bunch of eggs laying on the floor of LV-426.

Sorry but no facehuggers, no xenos, no lv426, no derelict and its specific pilot.

psychonaut25

I want also see a glimpse of mergind between weyland - yutani...

marsekay

marsekay

Ha, anyone notiecd the "voice" at the very start of the trailer that "turns" into the "i was so wrong" speech, sounds a LOT like the "voice" in the original warning from Alien.....

have a listen, see for yourself....

Also noticed, the part on the trailer with the "road" the ship at the end looks like the same as the betty from ressurection.

that was considered an "old" ship wasnt it? which would be a nice nod.

Mastes1

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 06:26:14 PM
Quote from: Mastes1 on Dec 21, 2011, 05:20:48 PM
Hi guys

Spoiler

[close]

Welcome ;)
Just wanted to say that if you start by saying what Scott and Lindelof said is BS then everything is possible...

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-news/comic-con-2011-exclusive-damon-lindelof-talks-prometheus-makes-peace-with-lost-fans/
QuoteGod willing, if Prometheus is successful, and there is a sequel, it won't be Alien because the end of this movie, if this movie is A to Z, Z is not there's a bunch of eggs laying on the floor of LV-426.

Sorry but no facehuggers, no xenos, no lv426, no derelict and its specific pilot.

I just don't see why they would come out and say it, they obviously want to keep a lot of it secret. Think about it, an interviewer asks are there aliens in Prometheus?, why would Scott and Linderof say "yes"?.
Of course it could be a strange situation where everything they have said is totaly true but i don't buy it.

psychonaut25

Quote from: marsekay on Dec 21, 2011, 06:32:42 PM
Ha, anyone notiecd the "voice" at the very start of the trailer that "turns" into the "i was so wrong" speech, sounds a LOT like the "voice" in the original warning from Alien.....

have a listen, see for yourself....

Also noticed, the part on the trailer with the "road" the ship at the end looks like the same as the betty from ressurection.

that was considered an "old" ship wasnt it? which would be a nice nod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8cbFX6yRUo#

Ash 937

If there are no xenos in Prometheus, I'm going to feel the same way I felt when there was no Newt or Hicks in Alien3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed