Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 58,930 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: jpierpoint on Jan 16, 2012, 02:44:42 PM
Been reading for a good while now but this is my 1st post so be gentle!  Also, apologies if I've missed a point similar to that which I'm about to make.......

Does anyone else think that the composition of the shot is a little off? To my (too old!) eyes Rapace doesn't look she was "in camera" when the corridor was shot.  The lighting looks different and the edges of her are just a little bit....oh, I don't know....just not right.  Too sharp, maybe?

Just sayin'.......

I think it's because these are not actual shots from the movie. These are "stand there and I'll snap you" magazine shots.

The lighting will be wayyyyy darker in the movie. Another explanition could be the fact that it's getting shot in 3D.

Either way I wouldn't worry about it. Knowing Scott it'll be more Blade Runner/Alien than Avatar.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 16, 2012, 03:39:33 PM
Been reading for a good while now but this is my 1st post so be gentle!  Also, apologies if I've missed a point similar to that which I'm about to make.......

Does anyone else think that the composition of the shot is a little off? To my (too old!) eyes Rapace doesn't look she was "in camera" when the corridor was shot.  The lighting looks different and the edges of her are just a little bit....oh, I don't know....just not right.  Too sharp, maybe?

Just sayin'.......

I thought the same thing. it looks photoshopped.

It does look that way but you need to remember that Noomi's not standing in the corridor, she's standing in the connecting room; the ampule room.  This might explain the difference in lighting between Noomi and the corridor behind her.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

One thing I thought was interesting about this comic book version of the space jockey was the cross shaped pupils like the opening of an alien spore.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jan 16, 2012, 04:29:51 PM
Quote from: Jango1201 on Jan 16, 2012, 03:39:33 PM

Just sayin'.......

I thought the same thing. it looks photoshopped.

It does look that way but you need to remember that Noomi's not standing in the corridor, she's standing in the connecting room; the ampule room.  This might explain the difference in lighting between Noomi and the corridor behind her.

Or this picture is pulling are legs. You could be right though but this whole thing is just rubbing me wrong.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 16, 2012, 01:46:01 PM
...I'd take the Destroying Angels Jockey over a human-like thing anyday. In fact I quite like that design. Has some sense of 'ancient' presence. Not biomechanical, sure, but I like it a lot.

Same. I always liked the design and it really looked like something having a skeleton like the one from Alien

I fully understand why people dislike the idea of SJ being a suit. I mean SJ was a mirror recreation of Giger's surreal painting. Surreality often is hard to/impossible to translate to physical world, and so was SJ. It looked like a chair and a skeleton as ONE thing, and born naturally. So everyone was wondering how this thing would look alive or functioning. It was a question of how a surreal creature like that would look like alive. Now we dont really get the answer we thought we would, since SJ appears to always be a skeleton and not even a creature but a suit

I personally dont have a preference yet since Im  confident Ridley will present all the new ideas in a very interesting way, but I inderstand the criticism

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I remember there being rumours that the Space Jockey would be half-serpent from the waist down. I rather liked that idea. Made them seem both tremendously different to humans and suitable for that chair.

After seeing these, I must say I would've rather preferred a serpentine Space Jockey, even if as a suit.

r888

r888

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jan 16, 2012, 04:34:19 PM
One thing I thought was interesting about this comic book version of the space jockey was the cross shaped pupils like the opening of an alien spore.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5oa8gseeT1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

What the name of the comic I haven't read it yet

Kol

Kol

Quote from: r888 on Jan 16, 2012, 05:56:39 PM

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Horse_Presents:_Aliens_Platinum_Edition

it's called "The Alien"

r888

r888

Quote from: Kol on Jan 16, 2012, 06:03:58 PM

it's called "The Alien"

Thanks I read so many aliens comics but I haven't read that one

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: r888 on Jan 16, 2012, 06:06:38 PM

it's called "The Alien"

Its the last story in Alien Omnibus vol 1 I believe

Kol

Kol

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 16, 2012, 06:26:54 PM

it's called "The Alien"

really? i only read it in the platinum collection of dark horse. i don't own the omnibus, by the way.

on-topic: i like the so far revealed space jockey design of prometheus. i think that aliens need a space suit too, when traveling in the universe, so i'm glad, they look like a space jockey.
and the "destroying all angels" jockey's seemed very weak for me. hair & boobs  ???
but i loved the statues, though.
the story was l. ron hubbard like  :laugh:

Master

Master

Quote from: Kol on Jan 16, 2012, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 16, 2012, 06:26:54 PM

it's called "The Alien"

really? i only read it in the platinum collection of dark horse. i don't own the omnibus, by the way.

on-topic: i like the so far revealed space jockey design of prometheus. i think that aliens need a space suit too, when traveling in the universe, so i'm glad, they look like a space jockey.
and the "destroying all angels" jockey's seemed very weak for me. hair & boobs  ???
but i loved the statues, though.
the story was l. ron hubbard like  :laugh:

He looked weak cause was suspended in endles stasis, trying to outlast it`s creation. DA were so lovecraftian and Alien... I`m sad this one was not turned into movie.

orchidal

orchidal

The script was solid; the art was good.
Didnt care for the jockey design though.

I liked the paradox that the jockey posed us with, seeming to be biomechanically fused with its chair. The paradox is what makes it more alien. But I would've have liked that serpentine jockey design to be the real deal...that was creepy.

wonkyfunk303

wonkyfunk303

Could the humanoid not be one of their creations? Maybe kept as a caretaker for when the humans found them? A sort of friendly face before they meet the true creature? Just a thought and would kind of make sense?? Also I dont think Ridley would wimp out with that as an answer on the backstory, the blokes a legend and I have faith he won't sell it out with a lame we go and find a bald human idea.....

Highland

Highland

Quote from: wonkyfunk303 on Jan 16, 2012, 07:33:57 PM
Could the humanoid not be one of their creations? Maybe kept as a caretaker for when the humans found them? A sort of friendly face before they meet the true creature? Just a thought and would kind of make sense?? Also I dont think Ridley would wimp out with that as an answer on the backstory, the blokes a legend and I have faith he won't sell it out with a lame we go and find a bald human idea.....

Personally I think so , I mentioned in the other thread but nobody seemed to take notice. The Blue guy is played by Ian White who is nothing more than a creature actor. He will not have any lines, and if he does, it will probably be Darth Maul style one liners with a different voice over.

I'm thinking the SJ will also be humanoid, the lack of Guy Pierce anywhere seems to indicate to me that he's probably our SJ. The only other explination could be that he's Weyland.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed