What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film?

Started by OmegaZilla, Feb 27, 2015, 11:15:20 AM

Author
What Alien designs would you like to see in the new film? (Read 38,217 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2015, 09:35:24 PMIt's the one thing I wish they had kept in 'Alien 3'.

Not necessarily the eggmorphing specifically, but I've always said I'm gutted they cut the hive scene from the third film. It changed the alien from having purpose and forward-thinking intellect to being a mindless slasher villain.

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2015, 09:35:24 PM
It's not all that different to the wasps which turn tarantulas into giant incubators. That analogy was even made by Alan Dean Foster in the novelisation.

It's the one thing I wish they had kept in 'Alien 3'. Having the creature going around and just mindlessly killing everyone felt slightly too predictable. The original had a powerful impact with Parker throwing down Dallas' flamethrower and ominously saying there was no sign, whatsoever, of the guy. I remember Ridley Scott in an interview, way back when, saying how he was trying to avoid it just coming across "like a tiger" by simply eating everyone. The ambiguity helped it to be more memorable and unsettling than that.
Yea I agree. I thought the alien leaving no trace of its victims was creepy in the first two movies. In alien 3, that was definitely lost, but I didn't perceive it as a mindless killing machine. To me, it was acting more like a ruthless protector, since ripley was carrying a queen. I still liked it, but I definitely think alien 3 could have portrayed the alien's behavior better...

pred169

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 26, 2015, 04:42:19 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2015, 09:35:24 PM
It's not all that different to the wasps which turn tarantulas into giant incubators. That analogy was even made by Alan Dean Foster in the novelisation.

It's the one thing I wish they had kept in 'Alien 3'. Having the creature going around and just mindlessly killing everyone felt slightly too predictable. The original had a powerful impact with Parker throwing down Dallas' flamethrower and ominously saying there was no sign, whatsoever, of the guy. I remember Ridley Scott in an interview, way back when, saying how he was trying to avoid it just coming across "like a tiger" by simply eating everyone. The ambiguity helped it to be more memorable and unsettling than that.
Yea I agree. I thought the alien leaving no trace of its victims was creepy in the first two movies. In alien 3, that was definitely lost, but I didn't perceive it as a mindless killing machine. To me, it was acting more like a ruthless protector, since ripley was carrying a queen. I still liked it, but I definitely think alien 3 could have portrayed the alien's behavior better...
Right. It seemed more animalistic to me. Like it didn't have the same level of intelligence the original and Cameron aliens had. I like the runner as well though. But for me personally the one I want to see is Gigers puma design that the runner was based on. I felt it was a remarkable design and terrifying in its own unique way.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 26, 2015, 01:24:51 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2015, 09:35:24 PMIt's the one thing I wish they had kept in 'Alien 3'.

Not necessarily the eggmorphing specifically, but I've always said I'm gutted they cut the hive scene from the third film. It changed the alien from having purpose and forward-thinking intellect to being a mindless slasher villain.

It would have been far better had it been capturing the prisoners to hive up for baby bait later on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed