NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,015 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They did a V2, not an Ultimate, I don't think. Though I suppose you can kinda count the Golden Angel.  :P

GamesByDime

GamesByDime

Guys i am looking to get a code for the Alpha Predator for predator hunting grounds. Have a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCovat-pfQ&feature=youtu.be

dHunter333

dHunter333

Finally got the NECA Alpha Predator. He sold out SO quick at NECA's eBay and Amazon stores. I was checking daily and somehow missed it...
I found it via some random website I found from searching other recently released NECA Alien and Predator figures. They had 4 left, I grabbed one and just got it. I love how his weapons are like primitive versions of what we are familiar with.

He is going to UNITE THE CLANS!

Here he is in the package.

Here he is out of the package with all of his accessories laid out.

Here he is with the mask off.

And with the mask on.

Now he is planning to unite the clans. Here is the Lost Clan.

He calls the Alien vs Predator Clan.

The Kenner Clan.

The Dark Hose Clan.

The Emissary Clan.

Even the Dead End Clan from Gotha...

Alpha conducts formal negotiations.

Here is my YouTube review on him.
https://i.imgur.com/eucJLpM.jpg

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Love it, dHunter!

BlazinBlueReview

Is the Emissary worth picking up? Been looking at the NECAs - Freddy, Friday, Alien, Predator. Recommendations?

Predboy

Predboy

I think I might get two of the alpha predators. That figure looks so damn good with the design of the original predator design being used in the armor it wears. So amazing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I purchased the alpha predator strictly for the code with an intention to likely sell the figure, but it was so good I ended up keeping it.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Snagged the Alpha at Target today! Super cool figure and I'm excited to redeem the code for Hunting Grounds!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2020, 08:51:38 PM
I purchased the alpha predator strictly for the code with an intention to likely sell the figure, but it was so good I ended up keeping it.

You've broke the seal! And just in time too for the ultimate releases of the Lost Tribe  ;D

Predalien91

Predalien91

So this is a little off the wall. Heard talk about it among collectors. What are the chances the new Marvel deal will impact NECAs license? I haven't heard no official news. Just thought I'd get some opinions on that.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Predalien91 on Jul 05, 2020, 11:56:39 PM
So this is a little off the wall. Heard talk about it among collectors. What are the chances the new Marvel deal will impact NECAs license? I haven't heard no official news. Just thought I'd get some opinions on that.

You thinking Hasbro might have the Predator license in time?

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 06, 2020, 03:41:25 PM

I don't think it'll happen. But I just hope it's over speculation at the moment. Neca just struck their 100th figure and I don't know if Hasbro could match Necas detail and the time they've put into their figures.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Predalien91 on Jul 07, 2020, 12:51:09 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 06, 2020, 03:41:25 PM

I don't think it'll happen. But I just hope it's over speculation at the moment. Neca just struck their 100th figure and I don't know if Hasbro could match Necas detail and the time they've put into their figures.

I don't see Hasbro producing figures or that they'd have some sort of exclusivity deal. At most I see Hasbro doing is producing something like the Star Wars black series products where they could do a helmet or maybe a net gun toy. Marvel makes a bit of sense when you consider that Marvel is a company Disney has a stake in. Darkhorse doesn't make much sense to license out a property to them when Marvel is the people they already work with.

While Disney does work with Hasbro, Hasbro's demographic isn't the adults who've seen the movies or read the books let alone played the games. Hasbro's appeal is to kids and while their are adult collectors who buy the toys, the audience is kids and teens. They're the people that stuff is made for. Neca is for the adult collector in this sense because we're familiar with the product. The kid who sees Iron man or Scarface is more likely to gravitate to Iron man. I just don't see Neca losing the license since the demographics are so different. I don't even know why Hasbro would think it could even move those products. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If the license expired and Marvel wanted to change companies I could see them *maybe* hopping over to McFarlane, but not Hasbro. They've got their hands full with Marvel, Star Wars, and their own in-house brands like GI Joe, Transformers, etc.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Also Randy has said time and again that the Predator line is the best seller. So from Disney's perspective the IP makes the most money by licensing to NECA. Also, Disney doesn't own a toy company so there's no real incentive to license out to any other company whereas they do own Marvel so it does makes sense to take the publishing license away from a competitor like Dark Horse.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Time will tell I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed