Begins Filming in January?

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 02, 2015, 11:26:19 PM

Author
Begins Filming in January? (Read 23,310 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 09, 2015, 03:45:46 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 11:42:07 AM

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 07, 2015, 09:46:22 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 06, 2015, 07:13:46 PM
Eurgh, Predator 4 and Alien 5. Shows you how low these franchise's have slumped.
lol Why? They both have barely enough content to base any concrete speculations as of yet.

Indeed. Sequels doesn't equate to sinking low.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 08, 2015, 02:05:41 PM
Mad Max Fury Road (Mad Max 4) begs to differ.

The Admin quoted me!? He quoted me!

QuoteHe was looking at your avatar!
No... I am awaited... I am awaited in Valhalla!

One of the best movies of the decade. Miller really made audiences remember the values of practical effects.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 08, 2015, 09:37:22 PM
The Alien franchise has life in it. Prometheus showed that. They took it away from the originals and tried to do something different. I comment them on that, but what I won't do is get hard for a film for fan boys. I really hate that. Alien 5 is a stupid idea from a below average director. The Predator franchised is f**ked, no matter who you out on it. The franchise has confined itself into a singular motif. The hunter and the hunted. Maybe Shane Black will change it up but he's got a challenge.
How irate :/
Alien 5 has no ideas just a name... How could you perceive a film as stupid with nothing other than the fact that it's a sequel?
Neil is definitely NOT below average as a director. You might not like his movies but I for one believe that he is very skilled in his field and understands the roots behind a good Sci-fi film more so than a lot of our previous Sci-fi film makers.
As for Predator it has a lot of space and freedom in it's continuity to virtually do anything and pull it off. Predator even has more space and freedom than the Alien franchise does believe it or not.

Ofcourse I'm commenting on Blomkamp's batting average, he's had one good film the rest have been underwhelming. The stupid idea is opening up the franchise by resurrecting two dead protagonist. There is a wealth of options that the franchise has but moving backwards is the wrong direction in my opinion.

My comment about it being the fourth and fifth installments of the franchise's is based on my idea that if you don't have 3 parts to the story (beginning, middle and end) then it doesn't work. Ripley had that, we don't need a further film to satisfy people's disappointment. Just my opinion.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 11, 2015, 04:21:27 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 09, 2015, 03:45:46 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2015, 11:42:07 AM

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 07, 2015, 09:46:22 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 06, 2015, 07:13:46 PM
Eurgh, Predator 4 and Alien 5. Shows you how low these franchise's have slumped.
lol Why? They both have barely enough content to base any concrete speculations as of yet.

Indeed. Sequels doesn't equate to sinking low.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 08, 2015, 02:05:41 PM
Mad Max Fury Road (Mad Max 4) begs to differ.

The Admin quoted me!? He quoted me!

QuoteHe was looking at your avatar!
No... I am awaited... I am awaited in Valhalla!

One of the best movies of the decade. Miller really made audiences remember the values of practical effects.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 08, 2015, 09:37:22 PM
The Alien franchise has life in it. Prometheus showed that. They took it away from the originals and tried to do something different. I comment them on that, but what I won't do is get hard for a film for fan boys. I really hate that. Alien 5 is a stupid idea from a below average director. The Predator franchised is f**ked, no matter who you out on it. The franchise has confined itself into a singular motif. The hunter and the hunted. Maybe Shane Black will change it up but he's got a challenge.
How irate :/
Alien 5 has no ideas just a name... How could you perceive a film as stupid with nothing other than the fact that it's a sequel?
Neil is definitely NOT below average as a director. You might not like his movies but I for one believe that he is very skilled in his field and understands the roots behind a good Sci-fi film more so than a lot of our previous Sci-fi film makers.
As for Predator it has a lot of space and freedom in it's continuity to virtually do anything and pull it off. Predator even has more space and freedom than the Alien franchise does believe it or not.

Ofcourse I'm commenting on Blomkamp's batting average, he's had one good film the rest have been underwhelming. The stupid idea is opening up the franchise by resurrecting two dead protagonist. There is a wealth of options that the franchise has but moving backwards is the wrong direction in my opinion.

My comment about it being the fourth and fifth installments of the franchise's is based on my idea that if you don't have 3 parts to the story (beginning, middle and end) then it doesn't work. Ripley had that, we don't need a further film to satisfy people's disappointment. Just my opinion.
I agree! You've worded it spectacularly my friend! However, as I said, I am holding my tongue until it hits production. I'm sure Neil is aware of this issue and will respond to it hopefully.

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 11, 2015, 02:32:16 AM
There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what reboot means, as far as I can tell from these posts.

Here's my take on it, for what it's worth: A reboot is essentially a retelling of a classic story franchise. It doesn't have to borrow the exact details of the plot, even. Many episodes or movies have basic parts that you can swap out and still maintain the structure of the story (hero, villain, love interest, plot-twist, etc). What's important is that you have enough elements from a series to make it somewhat recognizable. So the new Star Trek has Kirk and Bones and Spock in it, even though the story itself is "original," in the sense that isn't an exact retelling of an old episode or film from the franchise. It is something "old" that has been adapted to modern audiences.

So, simply put, a reboot is an adaptation. It's Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the novel, versus Kenneth Branagh's film of the same name. It's Star Trek the 1960's TV show versus the 2009 J.J. Abrams film of the same name, and so on. 

A sequel, on the other hand, is a continuation of a story or episode. It is Empire Strikes Back following A New Hope. It is The Fly 2 following The Fly. The stories are actually connected, and more than thematically. They are sequential and take place in the same universe, with the same exact characters, and are distinguished from one another chronologically.

Alien 5 is a sequel because it takes place in the same exact universe that Cameron created, with the same characters, following the events that transpired in Aliens, just as Aliens was a sequel for the same reasons in regards to Alien.

That's how I see it, anyways.
I think we should save this for it's own thread. I apologize for derailing the thread and showing this unnecessary aggression towards Hudafuk, please forgive me and let us proceed on point more amicably this time. :)

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Aug 07, 2015, 03:17:40 PM
Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 06, 2015, 02:20:33 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2015, 05:58:54 PM
I understand your point of view. Although, Prometheus felt like to me that it was made in such a way that indicated that a sequel was necessary.
It would be fine if Prometheus 2 never happens. The big mistake with Prometheus was thinking it would be good. Instead, it was a tale of smart people doing dumb things.

The biggest mistake with Prometheus was thinking that it would somehow be so groundbreaking that it would stop being a traditional thriller (where characters have always 99% of the time done dumb things for plots sake). Damon Lindelof isn't a great writer by any stretch, more of a hack, in my opinion.
I think the characters could have been a bit smarter and still had things go awry. What we got was sort of silly - unintentionally silly. And I agree with you about Lindelof. We can assign him a fair share of the blame. But I'm not really convinced the Jon Spaihts story was that much better, but with successive drafts, maybe it would have worked out better on film. I think there is an underlying problem with Prometheus. After all this time, we as audience have our own ideas about the space jockey and the derelict on LV426, our own ideas about that mythology. So, for a movie to come along and overwrite those ideas, it's a little problem. For people to accept it, the movie has to be spectacular. It has to be a movie where people say, "Wow! That was great! That makes sense, too." Where Prometheus was more of a big budget feature for the SciFi channel with gaping plot holes and ridiculous logical leaps, it's easy to reject it. My 2 cents, anyway.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

With the new F4 movie bombing, I can see Fox using the F4 sequel release date now for Prometheus 2. However WWZ2 is set for June 2017 as well. They can move WWZ2 to a different date if it's possible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed