Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 146,992 times)

SM

Quote from: dandan on Feb 10, 2011, 05:09:48 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 10, 2011, 05:08:33 PM
In alien anthology manula there is short letter by RS where he promises to get back to Alien universe.
ino i just looked in side the booklet and read it i didnt take much notice of the booklet just stuck the disks in and started watching them lol ... anyway isnt that a big clue that prometheus could be an alien film then?

No, it's more that at the time he wrote that, he was intending to make another Alien flick.  Now, however, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Gash

Depends which rumours you want to believe. A degree of deliberate misdirection seems to have gone on. (If you're an optimist).

ThisBethesdaSea

It's a very rare thing for Studios to err in their marketing of films. Prometheus [in my opinion] and the speculation, miscommunication, crossed signals, and general uncertainty is absolutely intentional to drum up new interest in a generally played out series of films with very little life left in them.

Personally, I think this is genius. I'm at the edge of my seat with anticipation as everyone else is. Not only is  this a pseudo-prequel to ALIEN, it's the return of Ridley Scott to Science Fiction. This isn't small potatoes. Ridley knows this. He's had a few misfires of late [to be kind] and he NEEDS to get back in the game on all fronts. Prometheus is his way back to the bar he helped create with films like ALIEN and BladeRunner. This is Ridley Scotts chance to one up James Cameron and show him how it's done.

My eyes are wide, popcorn and drink in hand and I bite my nails, ready to see what he gives us.

SM

QuoteIt's a very rare thing for Studios to err in their marketing of films.

There's no film to market yet.

And look what happens when they have no film to market...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtvOVPjGv8#

DoomRulz

Bwahahahaha, what a weak trailer. That was honestly used??

Sharp Sticks

Not out of character, considering how the rest of the production was handled.

ThisBethesdaSea

There is most certainly a film to market...and marketing begins way in advance of a production date....that's film school 101.

SM

How can you have a film to market when a frame of it hasn't been shot yet?  And the script doesn't seem to have been nailed down, since it only changed from being an Alien prequel to something more original a couple of weeks ago.

All they can market right now is a title.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Do your homework...marketing is as much a shot film as the film itself....it's called momentum, anticipation, viral videos and or viral rumors, all in hopes of drumming up excitement and ultimately sales for a coming picture, filmed or not....again...film school 101. Marketing schemes are designed and begun well in advance of whatever they happen to be representin.

Marketing for ALIEN3 began before production started, when the film was still in developmental hell. I'm sure most of us know about the 'It's on Earth' teaser that was created and released before a frame was shot, and again, as we all know, the film took place in a penal colony. This has been the case for many, many films, including the yet to be released Super 8, which a teaser was released for, before production even begun.

SM

And yet - there's still nothing to seriously market beyond a title.  The thing may still fall in a heap.  Once they start shooting - then they can start marketing.

ThisBethesdaSea

We will see a poster for this film in about a month.....I believe ;)

SM

I don't.

Peakius Baragonius

Alien Cubed was a studio film, intended to make a lot of money, not bring a director's vision to life. They had no vision for the future.

If Scott, on the other hand, is able to keep his vision for what he wants intact, then the early marketing doesn't matter -- as long as they don't base it off of ideas from first draft plot outlines for the screenplay, as Alien Cubed's trailer ultimately was.

SM

Prometheus started out as an Alien prequel that was to be directed by Carl Rinsch.

Now it doesn't appear to be either.  I'd hardly call that 'bringing a director's vision to life'.

Darkoo

Darkoo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed