"I Don't Know How I'm Going To Be In It" - Lance Henriksen Talks Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 10, 2016, 11:10:58 PM

Author
"I Don't Know How I'm Going To Be In It" - Lance Henriksen Talks Alien 5 (Read 20,242 times)

Dan

They can go the T Genisys route to explain Bishop's age.That was Cameron's idea and its works.

I think to made clones or to make replicas of Ripley, Hicks or News would be to save them.But i think they not clones because clones have no memories.
There could be another company who have the technology of the engineers to replicate humans and import their memories.The reason to do this is to save Ripley and make time for a plan which can destroy WYC.
Thats why WYC is not around in Ressurection.:D
But we heard in Res they cloned Ripley from her blood samples from Fury so in Ressurection we see the clone of a clone..

Who like to see an alien movie with new caracters they will in next year: Alien:Covenant.

redalert51

I really hope   That Blomkamp will cast Lance Henriksen , as the human Bishop. The contrast in his personality in " Alien 3 " are priceless e.g when he begs " Ripley " Think what we can from it ,it is a chance of  lifetime, from benign to all company ..

Xenomorphine

Bishop models have no reason to use organic skin (David 8 didn't). There isn't any reason they would biologically age.

There are always other ways around it, though. As I say, it could be he uploads to an intact, yet cosmetically trashed version, so that the character either sports the kind of prosthetic damage Hicks would have or covers most of the face up with a scarf or helmet or something. Both of those options would be cheaper than using CGI for every single frame of film he's in (although, in fairness, they did it reasonably well for Anthony Hopkins and Michael Douglas, so it's possible if the will is there).

Alternatively, it could be that there's a Bishop model which is deliberately designed to look older, maybe for assisting or befrinding the elderly or something. Again, Bishop could upload into one of those (or simply play one which accessed the original Bishop's data files).

When a character is AI, there are ways and means of simply 'reincarnating' them into a different body. It's just a matter of copying data over. Bishop could be uploaded into a non-humanoid form (including a tablet computer) or even a robotic body which looks female and it would be completely plausible to play out.

Interestingly, Blomkamp actually played around with that very story-telling method in 'Chappie', which means he's perfectly capable of doing it that way.

SamuelDL

Quote from: Ash 937 on Nov 11, 2016, 08:06:51 AM
They should just CGI a younger version of Lance because robots don't age. Then they can hire him to provide the voice work.

Exactly, that's just what I was thinking. Something like this would be AWESOME:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SamuelDL on Nov 20, 2016, 06:47:45 AM

I hope not, the de-aged shots of Bridges in that film looked incredibly fake and plasticky.

Corporal Hicks

In all fairness, that was about 6 years ago. The technique has come on impressively over time. But I wouldn't want to see it throughout an entire film. I doubt it'd hold up - but then this is Blomkamp we're talking about and if Chappie can look so fantastic over an entire film...

SM

Tron Legacy was very plastic looking.
Benjamin Button was 8 years ago and looked better.

BishopShouldGo

Just forgo Bishop, and give us a novel robot to assist with a newly-casted adult Newt, and the older pair of Ripley and Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2016, 02:43:06 AM
Tron Legacy was very plastic looking.
Benjamin Button was 8 years ago and looked better.

Didn't realise Button was that old. There's no denying it looked poor in Tron but I do think it has come on a good amount. Young Arnie looked pretty good in Gensys.

I'm in two minds about it. I've yet to see it pulled off over an entire film convincingly but considering how great Blomkamp's films look with their photorealistic CG creations (Prawns, Chappie), if it could be pulled off in anyone's film, I'm sure it'd be Blomkamp's.

PsyKore

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 20, 2016, 12:22:00 AM
Bishop models have no reason to use organic skin (David 8 didn't). There isn't any reason they would biologically age.

Bishop's a much later model, so why not? I'm not saying I really like the idea of androids physical features being able to age but it's not implausible.

whiterabbit

Bishop was all trashed at the end of aliens. Just have him transplant his artificial-person conscience into a more mature looking Bishop and have him explain that after all of these years it's his way of expressing his utter depression of not being the top of the line anymore. Why are we even discussing this. It's the only way to be sure Bishop gets into this movie without youth-cgi. Think of the money saved on the cgi budget.

Corporal Hicks

Or perhaps he could be some other form of robotic entity and voice that?

PsyKore

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2016, 12:58:55 PM
Or perhaps he could be some other form of robotic entity and voice that?

This is probably a good way of doing it. "Everything gets sent back to the company." It's easy enough to have his whole program saved on file somewhere deep within Weyland Yutani's evil-doings division. From there they could do exactly that.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 21, 2016, 01:45:57 PMIt's easy enough to have his whole program saved on file somewhere deep within Weyland Yutani's evil-doings division. From there they could do exactly that.

But why would they bother? They don't need him for anything.

Corporal Hicks

Could have done it himself. Or Hicks or Ripley could have orchestrated it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed