Jake Busey talks 'The Predator' deleted scenes and Olivia Munn's topless demands

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jan 28, 2019, 04:34:56 PM

Author
Jake Busey talks 'The Predator' deleted scenes and Olivia Munn's topless demands (Read 25,078 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Highland on Jan 31, 2019, 12:06:07 PM
It was a cartoon. I actually think some of the jokes would have landed , like "the predators cooler" had we not already been through the funnies before. The lab scene should be serious, then your jokes fire to cut the tension.

To be honest though I had the same problem with Iron Man 3 so my hopes were super low. I know people like that movie, but I just couldn't concentrate or better, I kept getting thrown out the cinema for the gag.
I hadn't seen IM3, so I was going by previous Black movies -- where he had straight characters to offset his loonies. This was just all shit talk, all the time. That's not what 80s movies were about -- even the ones Black was personally responsible for.

Vermillion

Sean Keyes was injured why?  Did he pick up a gun or something?

The Cruentus

It was chaos in the labs, a stray bullet or scalpel could have hit him or he might have been thrown by the Fugitive.

SiL

Pretty sure you see him hit by a stray bullet in the background of a shot.

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah he's shot in the background, and the last you see of him is him telling Munn's character to go after The Fugitive.

Wow and they really cut alot of bits, why werent these little bits on the DVD/Blu-ray?

AhabPredator

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 31, 2019, 12:31:49 PM
Sean Keyes was injured why?  Did he pick up a gun or something?

That bit confused me. In one scene Fugitive is slaughtering everyone - soldier, scientist, and technicians. The next scene, Keyes is injured. I think it's choppy because of the zillion edits this movie had.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 30, 2019, 10:33:26 PM
But Traeger is the most engaging character in the movie exactly because he is unsympathetic and not decent, the most entertaining presence.

I have to agree with you there brother. Traeger was the only character with gravitas, with on screen presence. The only performance really fun watching in my opinion.

Both are fine actors, but Sterling K. Brown to Boyd Holbrook is like Noomi Rapace to Katherine Waterston in these respective films. One radiates the screen - the other is radiated by it.

Highland

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 31, 2019, 10:15:25 PM
But Traeger is the most engaging character in the movie exactly because he is unsympathetic and not decent, the most entertaining presence.

I have to agree with you there brother. Traeger was the only character with gravitas, with on screen presence. The only performance really fun watching in my opinion.

Both are fine actors, but Sterling K. Brown to Boyd Holbrook is like Noomi Rapace to Katherine Waterston in these respective films. One radiates the screen - the other is radiated by it.

I thought Holbrook was solid. There's nothing wrong with the acting. It's what they've been asked to do that's the problem. It's probably like the Star Wars Prequels in that regard.

SiL

Only person I liked was Nebraska -- but I liked him quite a bit.

The Old One

The Old One

Empathy.

Corporal Hicks

I found the entire cast to be fun myself. They were largely the only thing that kept the film fun for me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Feb 01, 2019, 04:39:30 AM

I thought Holbrook was solid. There's nothing wrong with the acting. It's what they've been asked to do that's the problem. It's probably like the Star Wars Prequels in that regard.

No, just like Waterson, Holbrook can definitely act, and the role didn't do him any favors I agree. I was just talking screen charisma. Je ne sais quoi. Something indefinable that makes someone stand out from the rest of the character actors.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 01, 2019, 07:59:09 AM

I found the entire cast to be fun myself. They were largely the only thing that kept the film fun for me.

Others were worried about her, but Olivia Munn did a good job in my opinion. Casey is my second favorite behind Traeger, then followed by Nebraska.

Highland

Dutch really didn't stand out in the original. He's kinda the blandest apart from Poncho.

He's just bad ass at the end.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Highland on Feb 01, 2019, 02:03:00 PM
Dutch really didn't stand out in the original. He's kinda the blandest apart from Poncho.

Whaaaaaaa???

Arnold Schwarzenegger exuded charisma out of his pores in the '80s. The camera loved Dutch. The man had a radioactive core, that hundreds of other bodybuilding actors tried and couldn't tap into.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 01, 2019, 02:26:41 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 01, 2019, 02:03:00 PM

Whaaaaaaa???

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3ohhwDPNqOCQpD6ezK/giphy.webp

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DelectableHatefulAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

Arnold Schwarzenegger exuded charisma out of his pores in the '80s. The camera loved Dutch. The man had a radioactive core, that hundreds of other bodybuilding actors tried and couldn't tap into.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DyQKMifcrF39u/giphy.gif

And we all thought saying Predators is better than Predator 2 was a sin against Voodoo . . .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed