July's Hunting Grounds Free Update Is Here - Free Alpha Predator For All & City Hunter DLC Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 17, 2020, 02:13:44 PM

Author
July's Hunting Grounds Free Update Is Here - Free Alpha Predator For All & City Hunter DLC Announced! (Read 26,566 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 28, 2020, 09:09:37 PM
:D
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/723734397718888518/737778196719730769/unknown.png?width=565&height=676

:D That is awesome!

I think I'll be frustrated with this one for a while. Perhaps they made the city hunter's bio mask larger so it would fit in customization with all the three main classes, but in doing so you're taking the p*ss out of the City Hunter. If that's the case, I just wish they would have left the CH a locked class.

Quote from: molasar on Jul 28, 2020, 11:03:13 PM
Personally I like a CH model. However I understand those that don't because I guess they are not tech savvy.

It is very hard to make a functional, proportional and 100% accurate model in video game. They have a Predator template/s set in the engine for the game and they are limited by them. Just without additional processing power and system overhaul, compromises have to be made.

::)

molasar

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 28, 2020, 11:32:27 PM
::)

https://www.killerhorrorcritic.com/uploads/9/6/8/2/968225/published/screen-shot-2020-05-29-at-9-52-36-am.png

Do not take me wrong VM. I wish the same like you do to have perfect models in the game but it is a similar case with the Alpha.

Perhaps one of IllFonic's modelers can share with us more details about it if there is a chance to have some interview with them.

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Am I the only person that can't find the combi stick?

RidgeTop

Quote from: Sexual tyrannasuarus on Jul 29, 2020, 12:42:07 AM
Am I the only person that can't find the combi stick?

It should be under "variants" in the modify menu of the regular combistick.

molasar

molasar

These are probably screenshots prepared for an unposted PlayStation blog article.

Voodoo Magic

Man, they have to fix the roar too. I can hear the medical syringe before every roar. (facepalm)

And I can't help it. All I see is duck. So I have no choice to dub thee as.... The Ducky Hunter!

BlazinBlueReview

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 29, 2020, 11:39:24 AM
Man, they have to fix the roar too. I can hear the medical syringe before every roar. (facepalm)

And I can't help it. All I see is duck. So I have no choice to dub thee as.... The Ducky Hunter!

Long Live The Duck Hunter!

Yeah the medical syringe noise was something that noticed. And then each time kinda makes me cringe. Mostly cause that didn't have to be there. But sure theyll fix it. Or he shall become Dr. Duck.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I'm not sure how that roar even passed quality control. So strange.

With the mask, Maybe the way these models are constructed they had to stretch the bottom of the mask to fit not only the Ducky Hunter's mandibles, but the Scout's, Hunter's and Beserker's too. Regardless, I've always been in the belief that if you can't do it right, just don't do it at all. :-\

RidgeTop

Eh, I think think it's mostly right, the most glaring issues are two mask proportions: head and mouth guard. P1 mask isn't 100% screen accurate either. I do hope they can tweak the model though. Also the mask could use its chin underside.

I updated your post with the full sized images, molasar.

Voodoo Magic

JH isn't 100% accurate either, true, but the inaccuracies are far less egregious (for lack of a better word).  :)

PAS Spinelli

Speaking of roars
The females got unique roars on this update

Galactus123

Galactus123

I think the City Hunter looks great. I'm not sure if the mask looks accurate. I wonder how they make the masks for the game? Would be great if they could use scans of the original movie masks.

It looks accurate from the side:

molasar

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 29, 2020, 12:26:14 PM
I updated your post with the full sized images, molasar.

Thanks.

Galactus123

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 29, 2020, 11:39:24 AM

It doesn't look much different than this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed