Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 460,961 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Apr 06, 2008, 11:04:14 PM
True, and they look more intimidating, plus outrank the Predator phisically.

They're about even in physical strength.

Horhey

Horhey

Thats what their feats show.

The Hunter

The Hunter

You guys were thinking only in terms of strength. In strength, they're even. But in hand to hand combat the Alien would win. They kill with their bodies, the Predator kills with weapons. A human to a lion.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Alien definitely has the advantage, but I doubt the Predator would be helpless. Maybe it'd last a minute or so :P

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Apr 07, 2008, 06:08:09 PM
You guys were thinking only in terms of strength. In strength, they're even. But in hand to hand combat the Alien would win. They kill with their bodies, the Predator kills with weapons. A human to a lion.

The human to lion comparison, fails every time.  There is no way a human can hold, throw, wrestle a lion like the Predators do with the aliens.  Think smaller, a dog to human, maybe...

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I think the original poster was asking which you find to be cooler, not which is superior, which has been debated for a long time already.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 07, 2008, 06:41:58 PM

The human to lion comparison, fails every time.  There is no way a human can hold, throw, wrestle a lion like the Predators do with the aliens.  Think smaller, a dog to human, maybe...

A mid-sized dog can kill a large man if he gets him on the ground. It just depends on where the battle goes. To use this analogy dogs are much more efficient in killing if you compair a human with no weapons and just a dog.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Apr 08, 2008, 04:48:22 AM

A mid-sized dog can kill a large man if he gets him on the ground. It just depends on where the battle goes. To use this analogy dogs are much more efficient in killing if you compair a human with no weapons and just a dog.

A human has the size advantage though in most cases. A human has reach, in addition to being a biped. The problem with the human/dog analogy is that a dog is a quadruped unlike the Alien which is a biped.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 08, 2008, 04:54:32 AM

A human has the size advantage though in most cases. A human has reach, in addition to being a biped. The problem with the human/dog analogy is that a dog is a quadruped unlike the Alien which is a biped.

I'm not sure I would call the Alien a biped. It has demonstrated multiple times it can run quite efficiently on all fours even while clinging to ceilings. In fact have you ever seen an alien run on two legs? They stand on two legs a lot but so does a bear and it is a quadriped. Bears do a lot of things on two legs including fight but when it comes to getting around they walk/run on all fours.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I have posted in this topic before but here I go again, I choose the Aliens because their design and lifecycle is so cool. The thing is though the new AvPR figures look cool and as I like the Aliens I was thinking I would get one but the Wolf figure looks much better. Wierd eh? I prefer Aliens but I would rather buy a Predator figure.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Apr 08, 2008, 11:23:26 AM

I'm not sure I would call the Alien a biped. It has demonstrated multiple times it can run quite efficiently on all fours even while clinging to ceilings. In fact have you ever seen an alien run on two legs? They stand on two legs a lot but so does a bear and it is a quadriped. Bears do a lot of things on two legs including fight but when it comes to getting around they walk/run on all fours.

Ok, when moving the Alien is on all fours, when fighting it's on two legs. But for w/e reason, I'm guessing it isn't as maneuverable on 2 legs.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 08, 2008, 03:05:49 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Apr 08, 2008, 11:23:26 AM

Ok, when moving the Alien is on all fours, when fighting it's on two legs. But for w/e reason, I'm guessing it isn't as maneuverable on 2 legs.

Yeah I'm not sure that has ever been explained. Probably has by someone. It has leaping attacks that remind me of a large cat, but then again it also stands to meet its foes like a bear. Maybe for intimidation and fear effect.

Hunter-Slayer

Hunter-Slayer

Predators. They just seem so advance, yet retain that primal instinct and rage. I mean what boy hasn't wished he was a predator?

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

Alien but i do like Predator.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hunter-Slayer on Apr 14, 2008, 06:25:30 PM
Predators. They just seem so advance, yet retain that primal instinct and rage. I mean what boy hasn't wished he was a predator?

A-freaking-men dude :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed