Lance Henriksen to Feature in ACM

Started by ikarop, Jun 13, 2011, 04:01:57 PM

Author
Lance Henriksen to Feature in ACM (Read 30,643 times)

Brother

Brother

Now Ash is all pissed off.

Master

Master

they weren`t even manufactured by WY. Hyberdyne made Synts.

Sharp Sticks

Don't think there's any evidence that Bishop was made by Hyperdyne. Ash certainly was.

XxecutionerxX

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 13, 2011, 04:04:59 PM
Support for split screen (consoles) and LAN was also confirmed at the event.
YEEEEEESSSS!!!

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Brother on Jun 13, 2011, 08:16:44 PM
Now Ash is all pissed off.

Not pissed...but a little concerned.

I hope this game doesn't turn out to be a complete repeat of Aliens.  The same guys that played Bishop and Gorman are going to be back for this game.  And now it turns out the Bishop will return for this game...with a brand new, original name.  That doesn't sound too original to me.  It also appears that some of the missing marines will be referenced and/or make a cameo for this game.  Hmmmmmmm....  :-\ 

Does anyone here think it might feel strange to hear the voice of an entirely new character that sounds exactly like Gorman??

Originally, we were told that the setting for the game would consist of entirely new locales that would expand what we know and understand about the mythology of the Aliens universe.  Concept art for this was released for this a few years ago and it looked great.  But the last time I checked, it was stated that the entire game would be broken into three acts set in completely familiar environments; The Sulaco, Hadley's Hope, and The Derelict. 

I just hope that a few new things can be introduced here besides "the crusher" alien that's already been reported on.  A "true sequel" to Aliens, as this game was described, entails a continuation of a story to me...not a repeat of an old one.

Time will tell.

Cap. Fitzgerald

In the time of Aliens, yes really.

And I'm not so much worried about that crusher because it seems like there aren't going to be say more than one.
Its not mutant xenos omg I hate them already because they'll look like shit
It's a mutant Xeno that looks like an Alien with a slightly different head and larger build.

Brother

Brother

There are going to be others. Different names maybe.

Bio Mech Hunter

...stomper, smasher, pusher, etc. :P

chupacabras acheronsis

QuoteYou forgot f**ker.

That's the FaceHugger.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 13, 2011, 09:10:46 PM
QuoteYou forgot f**ker.

That's the FaceHugger.

xenomorpher

I think I'm more excited that William Hope is involved than Lance, but I do like Lance of course. Splitscreen and LAN are great and should be standard from now on like a sprint button.

RagingDragon

There better be a special type called the rapist.  Ask Lambert what it does.

Sharp Sticks

BOUNTY HAUNTER

Oh, dear lord...::)

Hey, you know what would be fun?  If we could just whip out some of those old AvP2010 threads and put them side-by-side with these.  The posts are exactly the same.

I'm sorry...I don't mean to be rude or sound like a broken record.  You guys have every right to be excited about this if you want, but I've learned my lesson from SEGA and the AvP franchise.  The more they talk about this game, the more red flags keep popping up.

The "crusher" Alien..?  "Irradiated by nuclear fallout"..?  (lol!)  Are you serious?  Give me a break.  So they're going to have the Kenner toys running around in Hadley's Hope now.  (lol!)  Sorry, but I just can't stop laughing at the thought of it.  It all sounds pretty cheesy to me.  Will he fly around and carry a SADAR, too?

I can't wait to see what else they've thrown in there.   ::)

With all due respect, guys...I really would urge you to keep your expectations in check.  It's more and more apparent to me that this is just another cheap movie tie-in game that they allowed to collect dust on the shelf for years until they could rush it out the door in time to capitalize on Ridley's prequel.  End of story.  We already know that SEGA won't support it, so...I guess I just don't understand what everyone is so excited about.

So with regard to all of this (seemingly unfounded) enthusiasm, I think Ripley said it best:  "I hope you're right...I really do."

But I'm not holding my breath.

"Oh, no!  Look out!  It's...the CRUSHER!"

RAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR!

(lol)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: xenomorpher on Jun 13, 2011, 09:30:12 PM
I think I'm more excited that William Hope is involved than Lance, but I do like Lance of course. Splitscreen and LAN are great and should be standard from now on like a sprint button.

Yes they should. I'm tired of online only co-op. I's don't have Xbox Live  :(

And also, what's the big problem with the "Mutant" Aliens. They were exposed to all that radiation....right? So wouldn't there be some changes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed