Alan Dean Foster not getting novelization royalties from Disney

Started by Xenomrph, Nov 19, 2020, 12:19:39 AM

Author
Alan Dean Foster not getting novelization royalties from Disney (Read 13,351 times)

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 19, 2020, 02:49:12 PM
One thing that puzzles me is why this is only just now coming to light - Disney acquired Lucasfilm in like 2012 and presumably hasn't been paying Foster ever since; have they been stonewalling him for 8 years and I guess now he's finally said "enough is enough" and is going public about it? If so, he's got a lot more patience than I do, I'd have gotten angry about it way before now.
In the press conference they said it took them a while to even track down who was currently publishing things, and then more time to find out who was issuing the licenses. That's when they said it was Disney, so they went to them, and then they wanted him to sign an NDA before negotiating.

So a lot of bullshit going on.

426Buddy

I think I've had enough of disney, canceling disney+ and not going to give that monstrosity of a company any more of my money.

I'm sure Walt is spinning in his grave.

RSB

Oh, come on.  It's not as though The Mouse is made of money and has a virtual monopoly upon the industry... oh wait! Never mind.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Oh, come on.  It's not as though The Mouse is made of money and has a virtual monopoly upon the industry... oh wait! Never mind.

It bears repeating.

drsmuts

That's disgusting. Hopefully a bit of fan pressure will put this right.

bobby brown

What a bunch of c*cksuckers.

Rudiger

I'm done with these assholes at Disney. Not a penny more from me.

ADF's novelisation was my first real introduction to the Alien universe, as I was way too young to go see the film at the cinema when it was first released in the UK.

Xenomrph

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 19, 2020, 11:39:13 PM

Nah, Walt was pretty big into making endless piles of money.

426Buddy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 20, 2020, 03:46:36 PM

Do you know anything regarding his struggle to be paid as an artist in his early years?

Xenomrph

Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 20, 2020, 06:31:32 PM

Do you know anything regarding his struggle to be paid as an artist in his early years?
Nah, but I know about Disney snatching up everything they possibly can in order to make as much money as possible, and I'm not even talking in recent history.

426Buddy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 20, 2020, 09:39:10 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 20, 2020, 06:31:32 PM

Nah, but I know about Disney snatching up everything they possibly can in order to make as much money as possible, and I'm not even talking in recent history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jed8B4L4-4

Oh, well Walt when through similar circumstances when he was just starting out. I suggest reading up on it, its pretty interesting. It's been awhile myself so the details are sorta hazy.

Huggs

Perhaps one day they'll get bought out by walmart.

426Buddy

Disney is the new WY

Huggs

Kradan

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 21, 2020, 12:10:03 AM
Perhaps one day they'll get bought out by walmart.

Does it mean, we'll get cloned Alien movies ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed