Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years”

Started by Keyes, Jun 06, 2011, 03:57:18 PM

Author
Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years” (Read 40,313 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jun 11, 2011, 11:28:20 AM
I have nothing but fear for what RR would do next with the franchise.

My fears were already confirmed with PREDATORS. The fact that a sequel is potentially in mind just infuriates me.

but that 1994 script scares the hell out of me.

That script didn't just scared you, it scared me too. I actually wrote a concerned letter to Rodriguez addressing the 1994 script, only to have it unopened and returned to sender.

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 11, 2011, 06:15:04 PM
I have nothing but fear for what RR would do next with the franchise.

My fears were already confirmed with PREDATORS. The fact that a sequel is potentially in mind just infuriates me.

but that 1994 script scares the hell out of me.

That script didn't just scared you, it scared me too. I actually wrote a concerned letter to Rodriguez addressing the 1994 script, only to have it unopened and returned to sender.

-Rakai'Thwei

Compared to 1994 script Predators were ok. It homage feast though, with it`s new and fresh elements (Falcon, I`m looking at you) nearly unused. I was pissed that some potentialy good scenes never made to screen. Othre thing is that I rose my brow more then once especialy when BSP takes granade bouquet blast in point blank range and yet he have not a single scratch.

BANE

Having avidly loved it at first, after several rewatches I've been left thinking that this film served one purpose only: to provide a decent (not amazing, but good) transition movie to more, awesome films in the future. I REALLY hope the future ones are better (as there are areas to improve, despite it being a very good movie...just not spectacular as the series can be).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

So P2 > Ps, at last.

:P

Master

This is normal. When AvP-r came out peeps were saying it`s better then AvP and P2...

I was always saying that it`s medicore at similar level as AvP. Where AvP did right Ps did wrong and vice versa.

DoomRulz

AvP sucked on every level. AvP:R I put on the same level as P2 only because it was more entertaining than AvP.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 11, 2011, 06:25:07 PM
Compared to 1994 script Predators were ok.

Yes, the movie could've been worse. I'll concede that but seriously, it just went to show that Rodriguez is not the man for a Predator movie.

He should stick to Spy Kids.

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2011, 08:50:51 PM
AvP sucked on every level. AvP:R I put on the same level as P2 only because it was more entertaining than AvP.

You are trying to piss me off, aren`t ya Doom? :laugh:

Spidey3121

Yeah, AVP:R is nowhere near Predator 2. Or AVP for that matter. But then again, it's all opinions. As for a more expansive sequel to Predators, i'm definitely in favor of the idea. Predators wasn't great but it was serviceable. There was unrealized potential for greatest. If they could improve about the positives and do away with the negatives i'd definitely be pumped up for another film.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master on Jun 11, 2011, 09:13:45 PM

Did you want me to?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Predators to me was a nice fresh start for the series after the AVP movies. Just like X-Men First Class did with X3 and Wolverine Origins. And Godzilla 2000 did with GINO and Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla.

DoomRulz

A fresh start doesn't begin with movies that suck, like the ones you mentioned.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2011, 05:37:15 AM

You hated PREDATORS too?

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2011, 11:23:07 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 11, 2011, 09:13:45 PM

Did you want me to?

Oh I know you`d do your best ;)

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 12, 2011, 05:57:24 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2011, 05:37:15 AM

You hated PREDATORS too?

-Rakai'Thwei

It looks more like hatered towards G2000 and X-men FC.

Kimarhi

John Davis needs to go somewhere else and get a fresh start.

A new producer who can read and understand scripts, storylines, and characters instead of just earmarking shots fired, explosions, and death count needs to take his place.

Yeah he's hit a few homeruns at his 1000 times at bat, but even the sun shines on a dog's ass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed