Why the AVP films are set on Earth

Started by Scorpio, Jan 23, 2018, 07:46:33 AM

Author
Why the AVP films are set on Earth (Read 5,368 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Nuke a foreign country = their fault
Nuke your own country = accident

(not including the thousands of test nukes)

Huggs

Huggs

I'd wager the nuke didn't get them all. Wolf got a lot of the ones in the sewer system, but there was a lot of time between that fight and the end of the movie. Basements, sewers, personal storm shelters, schools and other buildings that may have been equipped to act as shelters during attacks or natural disasters. The only way to guarantee a successful nuclear clean up, is to take that big ol' firecracker and shove it straight in Alien #1's pie hole.

As for why the movies are set on earth, I'd wager it's for both budget and narrative reason. Its easy to feel detached when stuff is happening on spaceships hundreds of years in the future. To see it happening in a modern town is unsettling, not to mention cheaper.

SM

SM

The Aliens were either at the hospital or attacking the people at Gilliam Circle and both locations were vapourised.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2018, 05:34:37 AM
The Aliens were either at the hospital or attacking the people at Gilliam Circle and both locations were vapourised.

I hear what you're sayin. I was merely putting forward a fan theory.

whiterabbit

Honestly I would have assumed that the aliens would be carrying eggs all over the state by the time the nuke drop... oh right, the predalien was an egg barfer. Well a whole lot of no where that got the species.

I think AVP was set on Earth because it sounded interesting. Plus to make a sequel there wasn't any where else for current day humans to go. All of our space tech dosen't exist yet. Though with the predators canon left behind... that could change quick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed