New Colin / Greg Interview

Started by Darkness, Jan 26, 2008, 04:20:51 PM

Author
New Colin / Greg Interview (Read 20,056 times)

Sweet Daddy J

Sweet Daddy J

Are they freaking kidding or what ??  AVP seems like a Oscar Winner compared to that new piece of Crap. AVPR Killed the franchise, thanks guys for f&#king up another movie.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Predhunter: "Sorry, Xenomorphine but i still don´t agree with you...Paul Anderson gave too much Protagonism to Aliens.  At the end of that Alien-Predator fight we end up with a super alien that alone kills as many Predator as he encounters. That hand-to-hand combat should have had a diferent outcome."  Hmm... I have to disagree with you on that. Despite a few hickups on the part of the Aliens, I feel Anderson did a great and respectful job of our favorite bio mechanical terrors (regarding a faithful and accurate portrayal). There were a few things that needed adjustment (some that would’ve made perfect sense had Fox not cut certain scenes), but overall I think he did the species justice. Which is much more than I can say for the countless majority of AVP comics, novels, games, and of course, AVP:R.  I tend to get a lot of flack for this following statement, but I believe, given the context of the situation and their ranks, the Predators in the first film were accurately portrayed using logic and common sense when pitting them against such creatures as the Aliens (which includes their extra armor and their specific armament). Not that there weren't any problems at all. lol But I think they were very well done. I also find the shortened mandibles and extra teeth argument to be a non-issue given their relatively young age. The only problem would be the elder, but again, that could be a result of budget and time constraints.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I don't see Grid as a "super" Alien at all either, but rather an Alien recognizing the nasty threat that are the Predators, and maximizing it's ability to combat them. Granted, I also think the battle should've gone a bit differently, but I think the end result would've and should've been the same.  My reasoning being because it demonstrates the Aliens are a terrible threat, not to be trifled with, and a truly worthy opponent for such an honorable and powerful race as the Predators. The Aliens are suppose to be the ultimate prey, and as such, are given the "honor" of being used as the final test for Predators entering adulthood. If they are watered down severely and are made so easy to kill like in AVP:R, the comics, games, etc., what the heck makes them the "ultimate" prey? Sounds to me like Preds shouldn't even waste their time.  I personally feel that if Anderson was able to implement 5 Preds like he originally wanted, rather than the 3 we ended up with, I don't think it would've bothered us so much.

Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Le Celticant... Why do you keep coming back to hate on this movie?? If you really dont like it, then leave it alone.  I dont see how any fan can HATE this movie... but I can see how a lot are dissapointed.  Theres a lot of movies I dont like... but I dont go around to all the message boards talking crap about them... I just leave them alone.  Theyre only movies for christsakes.

freshbreath3

freshbreath3

Hmmm. is right  you people should be ashamed of yourselves talking crap about this movie.  the directors work their asses off to entertain and you talk shit to them.  if you were directing a movie, you learn your mistakes and make another movie  so shut up and move on  AVPR had disappointment but at least they showed gore and violence. that's how it is suppose to be.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Sulaco: Dude i'am in the U.K,  Thought out 1 battle in my AVP:E film, it's a 4-way fight a Human soldier named 'wolf' (who is like billy with Mark Dasacos playing the role with little to say) a Predator, an Alien and the Pred-Alien. However the Pred-Alien in my version isnt very friendly towards the Alien and is really on it's on side killing anything that gets in its way, New weapon for the Predator is  a tomahwak like weapon Predator style, Soldier wolf also has human like tomahawk weapon as well, The hybrid wins in the end.

Sulaco

Sulaco

thegodfather: Dude I'm lost with my script... I've just got some space jockey ideas. Reading your comment I can reflect years ago, when I use to paintball... I went around to military surplus and came up with gear that matched Billys from predator. When I use to race motocross, my helmet back in the day, say 98 was custom painted with original predator face on the back { expensive, detailed @ cool} Maybe I can get this stuff up on myspace someday, what do you have for collectibles?   ;D  

thegodfather

thegodfather

Sulaco: For me I watched all 8 alien/Predator films and Black Hawk Down, then i sit in me room with a pad think out action sequences and remember various memorable bits in the films, and think to myself what new things need to happen, In my new version i have a character Bishop Weyland who is a emotional wreck as he is clearly hanging on to the co-orp he's losing to, William H Macy is in my mind for the role here, Iam clearly aiming to write for talent alone.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Sulaco: I only have the 1992 Aliens action figures, one Predator toy (92) and an Alien Ressurection figure,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed