NECA Unveils NYCC Exclusive Batman vs Aliens 2 Pack!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 17, 2019, 06:37:42 PM

Author
NECA Unveils NYCC Exclusive Batman vs Aliens 2 Pack! (Read 7,343 times)

Corporal Hicks

New York Comic Con will be kicking off on the 3rd of October and NECA will be in attendance with two con exclusive crossover two packs featuring our favourite Xenomorph XX121 and Predator specimens!

San Diego Comic Con saw the release of Batman vs. Predator and Superman vs. Alien sets. Now New York will see Batman up against the genetically engineered Joker/Alien hybrid from Batman/Aliens 2 and NECA are showing off the upcoming 2 pack!

This action figure 2-pack is inspired by a classic comic book mash-up! In the 1997 Batman/Aliens comic book mini-series co-published by DC Comics and Dark Horse Comics.

In it, #Batman faces strange new Aliens produced using DNA from some of Arkham Asylum's deadliest inmates. The set includes two brand new, comic book based figures, both with over 30 points of articulation. Batman features a fabric cape, and the "Joker" Alien has a bendable tail.

Window box packaging with embossed opening flap.

Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens
Batman/Aliens

It’s expected that the recently teased Sinestro Corps Predator will be duking it out with Green Lantern in the second NYCC exclusive DC crossover 2 pack.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

XenoHunter99

Cool play on the theme, the insane Joker as a Xeno works for me, and Bats looks quite pissed off. Those seem to pose well. Too bad they're exclusive, but still good to see.

Corporal Hicks

I imagine you'll still be able to try to order via the online store during the convention.

XenoHunter99

Thanks! I'll check for that. :)

Wweyland

Batman vs. Aliens II was quite an insane comic.

XenoHunter99

I'll look into that, too. I knew there was Batman Aliens, but I haven't actively followed comics in a long time.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 19, 2019, 05:15:48 PM
Batman vs. Aliens II was quite an insane comic.

Yeah...it was certainly unusual. I did love the stuff with the adult and the chestbursters in Gotham though.

XenoHunter99

Yes, the adult and the chestbursters were cool! Lots of cool and interesting ideas packed in there. I like it a lot.

But. But!
Spoiler
The Joker Alien is a cameo. He died before he got to do anything.
[close]
Marketing.  ::)

Corporal Hicks

Nameless_1

Nameless_1

I'm going to have to pass on this one. The Lantern Pred is nothing but recycled parts, with nothing original except the ring and symbol.

I get why they did it, it wouldn't make sense to bother with new sculpts for a limited release figure, there's just not enough there for me to warrant buying it.

JokersWarPig

Again I'm only really interested in the Predator because I'm a sucker for Borg's design. That being said, the fact that included the John Stewart head for Green Lantern is pretty cool. I grew up with him as my GL so I might actually keep that if I buy the set

Monster Man

Is this the one they're referencing?

Corporal Hicks

QuoteFor those looking to purchase the DC Comics/Dark Horse Comics figures during our online Pre-sale, the #Batman vs Alien and Green Lantern vs Predator 2-Packs will ONLY be available as a bundle for $120.

If you are attending #NYCC in October, the 2-Packs can be purchased separately at our booth(#110) for $60.

You're forced to buy both packs if ordering online - which I think they did for SDCC too? You can buy individually in person.

Quote from: Monster Man on Aug 22, 2019, 02:07:12 AM
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/46984/1421213-predator_sinestro.jpg

Is this the one they're referencing?

I believe so.

Master

Yes, you had to buy a bundle for SDCC figures. I did bought them for Batman vs Predator two pack.

Wweyland

Thought I knew about all the Predator comics but I guess not

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed