Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 716,311 times)

SiL

SiL

Both things can be true. His reworking of the draft seems to be the one used, but none of his actual ideas are in there -- just massaging existing ideas.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Having read Pickett's script (a long time ago), I mostly seem to remember him making all the dialogue worse and the subsequent script(s) reverting to what they had before.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 22, 2023, 03:32:35 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Mar 22, 2023, 03:30:25 PMAlso, just noticed when I uploaded that last picture of the production prop, that if you rotate it to match the scene on screen as closely as possible...

...then in fact we are not looking at one egg, but potentially two (checkout the lighting on the object below the egg on screen when brightened vs the production prop)giving credit to the "two face huggers in the theatrical cut" debate 😊👍

Now that's a goddamn revelation!

https://i.imgur.com/CjfYUHi.jpg
@Local Trouble

A clutch of eggs developing under the flooring?

Thats very interesting, there is something dark developing behind the egg.

SiL

SiL

It doesn't look like there's enough space between the egg and the division for a whole egg, but who knows.

They certainly didn't want the audience to think there were two eggs, or they would've lit the other one.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The "roots" of the egg(s) are also slightly visible

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"Lit the other one?"

I am sorry I am not familiar with that turn of phrase.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2023, 09:25:49 AMHaving read Pickett's script (a long time ago), I mostly seem to remember him making all the dialogue worse and the subsequent script(s) reverting to what they had before.

"No! I took what I wanted from them and made it my own." -Rex

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 23, 2023, 01:40:54 PM"Lit the other one?"

I am sorry I am not familiar with that turn of phrase.
As in lit it up so the audience could see it, instead of keeping it in shadows.

SiL

SiL

Yeah not sure what else that could have meant.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I thought it might be an Australian slang for torches and pitchforks or something.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 23, 2023, 11:56:18 PMI thought it might be an Australian slang for torches and pitchforks or something.

I'm now reading the original quote in an Australian accent... and I can't unhear it as slang  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 23, 2023, 11:56:18 PMI thought it might be an Australian slang for torches and pitchforks or something.
But how would that make any sense in context? :-\

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I thought you were saying essentially "We brought out torches and pitchforks over the one Egg, if there were two, oh lord." in a cheeky way.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Another piece of evidence to support multiple eggs; an original document scheduling reshoots, describes the shot as "eggs" (credit to Strange Shapes for the image) 😊👍

SiL

SiL

It's been known for a long time there were multiple eggs made and on set, the question is if they actually used them both on set and if they consciously decided to only make one visible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We asked Tom and Alec about this a couple of years back and unfortunately there was no conclusive answer from them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed