Alien Day 2023

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2023, 01:34:32 PM

Author
Alien Day 2023 (Read 15,024 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

That's the thing. SW fans have their Celebration, we don't have anything.
And even at the rumor of we having something, people fly in saying that it's all wrong.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

It's funny.. I've always enjoyed the narratives created for the games more than the actual gameplay itself! To me, it's always like getting a new comic or novel release that I can also play on a console haha

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

None of the game stuff really interests me, and I dropped Marvel's comics (would love an excuse to return, but so far nothing's really called me back in), so info (however slight) about the film and/or the show are probably the only things I would really care about on Alien Day, myself.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Marvel's Alien absolutely sucks so far as does Predator also or so I hear, the Titan Books have additionally largely disappointed since Alex White's last novel, and I am still not interested in Fede Alvarez's film...

I am interested in Noah Hawley's television series, I am also interested in Dark Descent and whatever comes next for Fireteam Elite.

Because different strokes for different folks, it might be easy to paint everyone with the same brush but, it is not truthful.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 21, 2023, 11:54:42 AMOoooo I'm betting you're going to enjoy a long stay here at the AvPG forums lol :laugh: Seeing this play out a thousand times in a thousand threads over the years here, it still cringe.

And that stay has ended. I really don't have the patience for the rudeness anymore.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 21, 2023, 11:54:42 AMAnyeay OT, if this is Alien day news is true it seems like more of an effort than previous years so that's cool. Alien Days have felt a Lil lighter the lat few years. The first couple were pretty exciting...

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 21, 2023, 12:02:55 PMThat's the thing. SW fans have their Celebration, we don't have anything.
And even at the rumor of we having something, people fly in saying that it's all wrong.

Yeah, it's a shame Alien Day hasn't been great. The initial 2 were actually great fun but it really dropped off and hasn't yet recovered. But with years like this one with a bunch of upcoming releases of movies and games, it seems like it'd be a waste not to start going bigger again. It's never going to be SW Celebrations and I accept that, the franchise doesn't have that same mass appeal, but to see Alien Day more in line with those first few days would be wonderful.

Stitch

Stitch

Does kinda feel like they ran out of steam and gave up, though I'm hoping there's something decent given the productions that are due to be arriving soon.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteThey haven't started shooting TV series yet unless it's some glimpse of art design etc.

Yeah this might happen...  8)

Do you know something we don't? :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe something we can provide ourselves... ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2023, 03:14:10 PMMaybe something we can provide ourselves... ;)

Welp, I'm excited. 8)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2023, 03:14:10 PMMaybe Definitely something we can provide ourselves... ;)

:)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Colour me intrigued

Wweyland

Wweyland

Well, that Dark Descent thing was already revealed.

judge death

judge death

Only thing there I would like to see is more videos of aliens dark descent, and maybe a official title for the new movie but then again as it sounds like a rebot, its likely just alien.

Marvel comic...that just gives me dread. xD

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I do hope they don't go down the basic Alien title. Much prefer a subtitle for ease of discussion. lol

With Marvel - it's a new creative team so I'm looking forward to it. Hoping Marvel will finally land a hit.

Wweyland

Wweyland

"The Alien"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed