What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 41,573 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jan 10, 2023, 04:13:28 PMIf this movies tries explaining anything from the mythos then it is already ruined.

Do you think the evolution from Space Jockey to Engineer was a prime example of that?

T Dog

T Dog

I think this movie will be a smaller, tighter, back to basics Alien movie set in one location. That seems to be what the directors strenght is anyway.

What I actually want is a Biomechanical Planet and the true Space Jockeys; but that seems more  like a movie for Denis Villeneuve.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 16, 2023, 01:13:37 AMI think this movie will be a smaller, tighter, back to basics Alien movie set in one location. That seems to be what the directors strenght is anyway.

I hope it's as successful as Prey.

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 16, 2023, 01:13:37 AMWhat I actually want is a Biomechanical Planet and the true Space Jockeys; but that seems more  like a movie for Denis Villeneuve.

Villeneuve after playing Scorn🤩

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 16, 2023, 01:13:37 AMI think this movie will be a smaller, tighter, back to basics Alien movie set in one location. That seems to be what the directors strenght is anyway.

Indeed. Based on Don't Breathe, I do feel like Fede would be able to capture something like the feel of playing a section of Alien: Isolation.

David Weyland

Not happening but if those were the parameters; my ideal would be a story about a colonist or two who in error wake up from hyper sleep aboard the Covenant, encounter what David's cooking up and try to escape..but don't 😏

Stitch

Stitch

Mostly I want it to be a good film; a good scary film.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2023, 10:54:54 AM

Indeed. Based on Don't Breathe, I do feel like Fede would be able to capture something like the feel of playing a section of Alien: Isolation.

It would be great if Fede introduced eggmorphing as the life cycle.

Quote from: David Weyland on Jan 16, 2023, 11:23:50 AMNot happening but if those were the parameters; my ideal would be a story about a colonist or two who in error wake up from hyper sleep aboard the Covenant, encounter what David's cooking up and try to escape..but don't 😏

Reminds me of Pandorum, also that Jennifer Lawrence movie with Chris Pratt, but more like Pandorum😅

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David Weyland on Jan 16, 2023, 11:23:50 AMNot happening but if those were the parameters; my ideal would be a story about a colonist or two who in error wake up from hyper sleep aboard the Covenant, encounter what David's cooking up and try to escape..but don't 😏

Could also be a pretty solid launching point for a spiritual successor to Alien: Isolation.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I'd like to see something new added to the mythology without seemingly being too far removed from the underlying storyline insinuated in the background of the other films.
What I don't want to see is something so traditional that it acts and behaves as a soft remake.
Just a decent film that adds something conceptual to the lore, while creating more context and intrigue for everything else, upcoming and prior.

If it attracted Fox and Scott quickly, I suspect Alvarez had/has some central conceptual idea that works on a smaller scale.

As a director - he isn't my choice but - he isn't a loss. A good thing about Alvarez is that he has proven he knows how to make a properly suspenseful claustrophobic thriller, something the series made a mistake straying away from. The looming threat of alien environments, where people are at the mercy of the elements in the vacuum of space, has been missing since A:R.
Another check mark in Alvarez' box is that he isn't afraid to push the perversity of the gore, which is one of the most welcome things this series is known for.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Jan 17, 2023, 03:57:07 AMI'd like to see something new added to the mythology without seemingly being too far removed from the underlying storyline insinuated in the background of the other films.
What I don't want to see is something so traditional that it acts and behaves as a soft remake.
Just a decent film that adds something conceptual to the lore and creates more context and intrigue for everything else upcoming and prior.

This is important too. I don't want it to be a retread. I really want it to add something new, even if it's not something lore shaking in impact, but something new while still being an all-around-solid film.

T Dog

T Dog

I wonder if someone could pull off environmental storytelling in the vain of Dark Souls but in an Alien movie. The Derelict scene in the original is some of the all time greatest environmental storytelling in all of cinema, Prometheus had some good ideas but bad execution; it felt like there was a lot of mystery box nonsense.

My daydream that I've been kicking around for a few years now is for there to be a "Circle of Biomechanical Gods", think a biomechanical extraterrestrial take on the Cenobites from Hellraiser. Each of them has a unique look but a shared aesthetic. The Space Jockey is just one of the members of this circle and has it's own region of the Universe that it oversees; it created the Engineers who then stole it's tech. The last known whereabouts of The Space Jockey is on LV426. The rest of the "Circle of Biomechanical Gods"? Who knows where they are or what they have created.

judge death

Im just hoping the movie will stay within the alien franchise borders and not try to break it or come up with technology that shouldnt exist in this time period its set within. (looking angrily at prometheus and covenant.)

I dont want any new bigger or deadlier xenomorph or new stuff to be entertained, give me a good story and characters one care for and is well written, add the wonder and mystteries of the universe that Alien and Aliens and alien 3 had, see the derelight and seeing space jockey was amazing and mind blowing: We arent alone and this thing died from the xenos long time ago and is from parts of the universe we havent been to. (until prometheus f**ked it up.)

Make the engineers to be a product of the true space jockeys who are way more gigerish design and totally alien to us, giger like ships that is grown, crew members thats grown for dedicated tasks in the ship/buildings etc. They made the engineers just like they created humans and yautja etc.

I hope we see the classic xenomorphs and warrior designs and nothing new, bigger, different etc just because people want to see new creature each time with these movies, we have clear set how xenomorphs work and what makes them so terryfing. In the books, comics, alien isolation the normal xenomorph drone have terrified us 30 years after the alien movie was released but still its still scary as f**k when the story and movie is good.
For those who say: make new xenomorphs different, new ways of killing humans or be different, bigger, deadlier and wishing the xenomorph to act different and do new things: At that stage its better to just make a new movie monster and new movie and a new franchise instead in my eyes.

And for the androids should be everywhere and do everything and AI will do everythign for the humans and humans being dependent on it: We havent seen anything like that in the alien movies, and where this movie takes place: theres not even holograms or advanced AI helpers, not even 200 years ahead ina lien resurrection do we have such technology, and sea of sorrows additional 100 years later: we still dont have AI or holograms like this. This is one of the reasons I dislike prometheus and covenant: now we have holograms and technology more advanced than what we have 400 years later, technology to scann and know exactly where xenos are on planets or on the ship when nostromo couldnt track it nor on sulaco or dropship.
If people want advanced AI and super advanced technology in alien movie: its the wrong franchise, the movies in the series have shown theres no such technology in the alien timeline.

Here is one good thing disney did with star wars sequels: the computers and technology was still the same as in the older movies to stay in line with what we know.

In short: Just give me a good well written horror and blood and gore movie with interesting characters and awe and wonder of the universe and xenomorphs thats scary and deadly again, big chaps return please. :D

S.E.B.

S.E.B.

Hmm, it depends as I assume that Romulus won't thread on R.Scott and his vision regarding the Engineers and David. Even so, I think there's a lot of potential there when it comes to Origae 6 and the Covenant

My ideal sequel would tie the prequels to ALIEN:RESURRECTION, as in David and the Covenant being gone for hundreds of years then to reappear in the era of Ripley 8. I say this as I want the Derelict on LV-426 to remain a mystery, and I like the idea of David not being the creator of the XX121 Xenomorphs rather than being the re-creator of the species.

I would love to see Call and David meet, as they're such opposites. David will envy her ability to recreate whereas he'll at the same time find her to be just as "weak" as us humans. I also think that David would be more than intrigued by Ripley 8 as she's a hybrid - a super human demi-xenomorph of sorts.

They can explain away that Call has 'aged' simply as a cosmetic strategy to keep people from suspecting that she might be an auton. Ripley 8 looking older can be dealt with by simply giving her some biomechanoid attributes as she's been slowly transforming toward something slightly more Alien since the day she was cloned. Or, simply, Ripley 8 ages just like other people with human DNA like ours, hence why she looks older (yet is still stronger, faster and smarter than people that look a fraction of her age).

If they want to make it a vendetta kind of thing - which I'm not really that hot about - they could still have David being the creator of the XX121 Xenomorph, and that the Derelict on LV-426 is simply an Engineer that tried to escape David and his beasts during an altercation that happened at some point after the event seen in ALIEN:COVENANT.

I don't know if ALIEN:ROMULUS is the right movie to deal with this type setting and story line,but still, it would be fascinating to see, if handled correctly.

I'm also totally ok with a standalone Alien movie taking place at some point after ALIEN 3, only partially hinting where they got the Xenomorph specimen(s) from.

Nelostic

Quote from: S.E.B. on Jan 19, 2023, 11:28:41 PMAfter ALIEN 3, only partially hinting where they got the Xenomorph specimen(s) from.

Like alien Fire team Elite!
I think Gaska will help make plot!

And i hope officially crossover with avp in future!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: S.E.B. on Jan 19, 2023, 11:28:41 PMMy ideal sequel would tie the prequels to ALIEN:RESURRECTION, as in David and the Covenant being gone for hundreds of years then to reappear in the era of Ripley 8. I say this as I want the Derelict on LV-426 to remain a mystery, and I like the idea of David not being the creator of the XX121 Xenomorphs rather than being the re-creator of the species.

That was an idea I kicked around the forum here a few years back. An Alien V that concluded both the prequel timeline and the original timeline. What the actual story would be though I have no idea? Would Ripley want to destroy the Alien or to rule the Alien alongside David?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed