Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,241 times)

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 20, 2021, 04:14:15 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Oct 20, 2021, 03:59:38 AM
It WAS going to happen until some Fox producer told Cameron that they were already making Alien vs Predator.

Thanks, Anderson and John Davis.
Thanks.

Yep indeed, for a long time I was purely apathetic towards AVP, but that crumb put me in the "f**k it" camp.

Jimmy was mostly going to handle the writing, Ridley directing.

First movie to be fair isn't "THAT BAD" It only until it gets to the second movie where it's just shite.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Inverse Effect on Oct 20, 2021, 07:04:43 AM
First movie to be fair isn't "THAT BAD"

Yes, it absolutely is that bad.

Mr. Clemens

I consider it a bad Alien movie, but a pretty good comic book/video game movie.

Kimarhi

It was Alien and Predator lite. 

I have watched it more times than Prometheus. 

SiL

AvP hit at just the right time in my life and will always have a special place in my heart.

I don't buy that a Scott/Cameron movie would've definitely happened if Davis had just stopped the production. Seems the kind of thing that gets talked about, hyped, but never quite comes together.

Thatguy2068

It's been along time since I ever saw AVP but I do remembering it to be enjoyable so I can give it that, but I also remember enjoying AVPR long ago So take my opinion with a pinch of salt

SiL

Neither are great movies but there's plenty in either to like depending on how you approach them.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 21, 2021, 01:56:44 AM
but I also remember enjoying AVPR long ago

Because it's a fun movie!

Thatguy2068

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 21, 2021, 01:48:40 AM
AvP hit at just the right time in my life and will always have a special place in my heart.

I was 16 and old enough to be edgy and pissed off at how neutered and cheesy it felt compared to the source material. Plus the whole earth/modern day stuff, which honestly grates me harder to this day than any aesthetic choices or what rating it had.

BlueMarsalis79

Special place in mine, not sure what it is though.

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 21, 2021, 07:10:00 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 21, 2021, 01:48:40 AM

I was 16 and old enough to be edgy and pissed off at how neutered and cheesy it felt compared to the source material. Plus the whole earth/modern day stuff, which honestly grates me harder to this day than any aesthetic choices or what rating it had.
13, obsessed with the franchise, disappointed about the Earth setting but just stoked to see AvP happening as a movie.

16 year old hormonal edgy pissed off SiL was AvPR.

bobcunk

I liked all of the predator scenes but the rest felt off, I don't know exactly why but the editing or something. It didn't help that it was impossible to see for most of it and didnt have the budget to redesign the aliens, the new heads were fine the rest just reused the same Alien resurrection ones and you could actually see the rips and seems in some scenes. I actually liked the first one and think its enjoyable, it has good sets and special effects and doesn't feel cheap and most importantly it was probebly filmed and colour graded so you can actualy tell what's happening. One of my biggest complaints was that the predators were to bully where as one of the only positive aspects of avp-r is they got the predators right, mostly (wolf's face seems to be alot bigger than his helmet)

More Scott Free

More Scott Free

Prometheus - great story, good characters, enough Alien references to excite die hard fans and a plot that needed to be expanded and explored in the upcoming sequels.

Alien: Covenant - horrible story, boring and unlikeable characters, killed off Prometheus' protagonist, more emphasis on the androids, completely ignored important questions and plot lines from the first, also included aliens.

"See, the Alien has ran it's course, it's not scary anymore, that's why it did really bad at the box office"

???  ???  ???

Voodoo Magic

One of the Studio ADI gals hashtagged Ripley 20 hours ago.

I wonder if ADI got the Alien series gig.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVyJKqlPUNW/?utm_medium=share_sheet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed