SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 59,304 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You seem to need one of those biomech suits to use the cryotube; if she found one her size...

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 07, 2013, 01:03:41 PM
You seem to need one of those biomech suits to use the cryotube; if she found one her size...

It does seem to be a likelihood. Gosh, well did one somehow form for her? Will we be buying action figures of Noomi Rapace in a biomechanoid suit for the sequel?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The "pilot suit" seems to grow around it's user as it sits on the chair.

Maybe they'll write the biomech suits to function in that way as well. you go to a "chair" and voila, it grows around you and grafts unto your body.

"imagines biomech Shaw". :P

Will David remain a disembodied head, or be placed eventually on his body?
He doesnt really have a good track record with humans :P

LarsVader

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 07, 2013, 01:18:12 PM
Will we be buying action figures of Noomi Rapace in a biomechanoid suit for the sequel?
I would.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: irn on Apr 07, 2013, 09:53:45 AM
I think the sequel(s) should conclude with everyone involved being dead and all the discoveries lost so that Alien is then a rediscovery of the horrors. Perhaps WY are still curious about the Prometheus mission, as it went a few decades ago and never came back. So that's why the detour to that system with the Nostromo was put into its flight plan. Que beacon on derelict and Ash getting all excited.
I'm more or less okay with this. I'm not even sure I want Shaw to get all off the answers when everything is said and done, but I want to see her continue on and to get at least some answers, even if they only raise more questions.

But to stick with the canon of the world, she really shouldn't come back to preach those answers. Not to mention, Ripley dies in Alien 3 so Shaw might as well bite it in Prometheus 3. If there is such a movie of course.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 07, 2013, 01:03:41 PM
Those were integrated with their skin though, so I'm thinking it's more of an biomechanical/genetic evolution they'd put themselves through (as opposed to the start of the movie) instead of a suit. But yeah, there were tubes and wires/whatever stuck into the Engineer when he'd awaken, wasn't there... hmm.

Nightmare Asylum

It would be interesting if the biomechanical suits are somehow grow and fused with the Engineers' bodies, perhaps in different degrees of mutation/fusion depending on the particular Engineer. It would be a very interesting way on explaining why the Space Jockey in Alien was proportionally very different than the Engineers in Prometheus and why the 'suit' appeared to be the being itself. He could have literally enhanced/manipulated his body in order to completely integrate himself with the ship.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 08, 2013, 12:09:29 AM
It would be interesting if the biomechanical suits are somehow grow and fused with the Engineers' bodies, perhaps in different degrees of mutation/fusion depending on the particular Engineer. It would be a very interesting way on explaining why the Space Jockey in Alien was proportionally very different than the Engineers in Prometheus and why the 'suit' appeared to be the being itself. He could have literally enhanced/manipulated his body in order to completely integrate himself with the ship.
Yep - now we know the engineers mess with genetic makeup, there are a myriad of ways thet could go onto explain the sj in the derelict being bigger and being fused to the chair e.g they just ingest a bit of black goo at any given time..

orchidal

orchidal

Keeping in line with the comments re: engineer suits, above, I agree and would add that this would be an interesting means to develope the engineers in a more aparently alien form and function. I can imagine some true biomech/mutantion horrors coming out of these concepts.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: orchidal on Apr 08, 2013, 01:47:07 PM
Keeping in line with the comments re: engineer suits, above, I agree and would add that this would be an interesting means to develope the engineers in a more aparently alien form and function. I can imagine some true biomech/mutantion horrors coming out of these concepts.
It seems that the 'God' the Engineers worship is also humanoid - based on the giant head. I am wondering if the BIOMECH difference between the Derelict in ALIEN vrs the more mechanical stuff in PROMETHEUS is actually this other race, that created the Engineers and if maybe the Engineers on LV223 were using us to create a monster to destroy them.

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Apr 03, 2013, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 03, 2013, 07:10:02 PM
I just want to add that I think the series is in some serious danger. Not because PROMETHEUS 2 will not happen. Which is what evryone seems to think the major threat is here... But rather because with where PROMETHEUS left off, it is extremely easy for FOX to just make PROMETHEUS 2, a reboot of ALIEN that 'ALSO acts as a SEQUEL'

I'd pretty much rather see anything else than a ship investigating LV223 and taking off with a redesigned alien on board, and that is the easiest route to take. So, here's hoping anyone comes up with, or comes back to write something different.
Hmm. I hadn't thought of that, though I'm not sure it's that valid of a fear. If Ridley Scott is still in the works and if he does have some vision that supposedly spans more than one movie, we really shouldn't need to worry about this as an outcome.

Of course money is money and reboots are the damned rage right now...but I won't lose sleep over this.

I def agree that this reboot thing will most likely NOT be the case so long as Ridley Scott in on board, but as the original thread reported:

"Devin Faraci confirms Fox have been talking to many screenwriters in his report:

I can't verify everything in BD's report, but I can tell you I know that Fox has been taking many, many meetings with screenwriters, and that screenwriters have been pretty much bringing in their own pitches, not working within an established frame. I actually don't think this is a bad thing, and the Exquisite Corpse nature of the sequel could give the new writers a chance to make serious course corrections. But that's on the creative end - on the studio end the up-in-the-air nature of the sequel really opens the door for tons of terrible ideas, executive tinkering and Ridley Scott dithering. Maybe Prometheus 2 will die on the vine. More likely, Prometheus 2 will end up being really rushed and half-assed."

It seems like FOX is not entirely sold or keen to move forward with the ideas Scott developed exclusively. And if that makes Scott's interest 'dither' then it would be very very easy for FOX to just say, "Do what worked before. Fans want an ALIEN film."

So when I hear they are taking all kinds of pitches and aren't set on anything... I think Scott's leaving the project is a very real possibility. Especially if the studio finds a pitch they like that he isn't so much on board with.

Im not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just trying to be realistic and sort of maybe warn people against all the complaints. You have to ask yourself what the reaction will be. THERE ABSOLUTELY WILL BE ANOTHER ALIEN FILM. Whether it is PROMETHEUS 2 or an ALIEN reboot... So the question becomes, well, "What would you rather see?" because right now it is far more rare and exciting that a new expansive story is being considered, when the easiest and most popular thing to do is just to reboot ALIEN. What's more is, I would argue that the people at FOX were keenly aware that PROMETHEUS provided this set-up. It is almost remarkably easy to just say the PROMETHEUS mission caused the merger b/w Weyland and Yutani and basically tell the same story as ALIEN only with a rescue party on LV223, 2 years later or whatever. Then package it as a PREQUEL/REBOOT hybrid.

This is the ACE IN THE HOLE for FOX. We should do anything we can not to encourage them by complaining too much, IMO.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 08, 2013, 08:56:21 PM
It seems that the 'God' the Engineers worship is also humanoid - based on the giant head. I am wondering if the BIOMECH difference between the Derelict in ALIEN vrs the more mechanical stuff in PROMETHEUS is actually this other race, that created the Engineers and if maybe the Engineers on LV223 were using us to create a monster to destroy them.
Eh. I'm under the impression that the head is an Engineer head and they worship themselves like narcissists, but that's neither here nor there :P

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 03, 2013, 07:10:02 PM
I def agree that this reboot thing will most likely NOT be the case so long as Ridley Scott in on board, but as the original thread reported:

Devin Faraci confirms Fox have been talking to many screenwriters in his report:

snip
Well that's disheartening. You'd think a director like Ridley would have some pull, but it always does come down to money. Shit shit shit.

QuoteIm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just trying to be realistic and sort of maybe warn people against all the complaints. You have to ask yourself what the reaction will be. THERE ABSOLUTELY WILL BE ANOTHER ALIEN FILM. Whether it is PROMETHEUS 2 or an ALIEN reboot... So the question becomes, well, "What would you rather see?" because right now it is far more rare and exciting that a new expansive story is being considered, when the easiest and most popular thing to do is just to reboot ALIEN. What's more is, I would argue that the people at FOX were keenly aware that PROMETHEUS provided this set-up. It is almost remarkably easy to just say the PROMETHEUS mission caused the merger b/w Weyland and Yutani and basically tell the same story as ALIEN only with a rescue party on LV223, 2 years later or whatever. Then package it as a PREQUEL/REBOOT hybrid.

This is the ACE IN THE HOLE for FOX.
YOu make some valid points, and now I'm all sad. I really, really hope this doens't happen. I so want another film like Prometheus and not another bloody reboot. God forbid the creators want' to do something original and not rehash Alien beat for beat :\

genocyber

It'd be interesting for the sequel that the ship is found drifting in deep space. A salvage crew boards it and finds Shaw had David are both dead, but the ship has a new variation of the xenomorph. Something that evolved from Shaw and meddling with alien technology.

Darth Vile

Quote from: genocyber on Apr 09, 2013, 05:04:02 AM
It'd be interesting for the sequel that the ship is found drifting in deep space. A salvage crew boards it and finds Shaw had David are both dead, but the ship has a new variation of the xenomorph. Something that evolved from Shaw and meddling with alien technology.
Bu then it would just be another Alien movie with a slightly different looking (and lets be honest - inferior) xeno.

Marlowe

Marlowe

The xenomorphs aren't the problem.The problem is to bring the essence of the new species found in LV-223 .That it was probably a huge thing because they wouldn't make the deacon only to show up ; it might happen , in the next film, something linked about it.
It must have a new crew searching for answers.Someone with his own team.Hidden.As always have ...
So we could conclude.
Prometheus mission was very expensive , very low-profile...and I don't know if I am making myself clear enough but an expedition like it was "Prometheus" , should have attracted the attention of someone inside the corp..

Someone in Weyland/Yutani could have been very disappointed for some misbehavior committed by Mr.Weyland himself.
He found a hole in the mission ,which is no longer secret for him, and promptly developed a plan and followed it;

I think should have intrigue in the story. Coming from any side.
The engineers have their own plan.
The Company too.
Elizabeth intention is clear!She knows in the end.She'll not survive;
David 8 of course has one or two...the only thing that we didn't know:
If he will follow "his own" plan..or the programming?

genocyber

Quote from: Darth Vile on Apr 09, 2013, 08:24:29 AM
Bu then it would just be another Alien movie with a slightly different looking (and lets be honest - inferior) xeno.
How would it be inferior? You could come up with a number of different things to the mix.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed