William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,714 times)

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 02, 2018, 04:22:40 AM
That or David put them there with his epic gag reflex of doom.

;D

Nukiemorph

I know it mostly likely isn't an adaptation of the Vincent Ward script with the wooden planet and the monks, but I would be EXTREMELY interested in seeing that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 02, 2018, 12:31:29 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on May 02, 2018, 12:21:10 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2018, 06:37:32 PM
For example, I don't want to see an adult alien soldier attacking the UPP commandos in the beginning.  They should only find the egg growing out of Bishop's entrails.

I'd have to go peak, but didn't that thing have like four arms or something? There was something off about that adult alien.

They were attacked by a face hugger, and the guy that was hugged was blown out the airlock... yet somehow two adult aliens were on board the Sulaco when it docked at Anchorpoint.

Something was resolved in the second draft. The guy runs off into the ship instead.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: necrotard on May 02, 2018, 06:37:49 AMI know it mostly likely isn't an adaptation of the Vincent Ward script with the wooden planet and the monks, but I would be EXTREMELY interested in seeing that.

I started re-reading that last night.

I agree it'd make for a visually stunning comic, but man... The script as a whole is so much worse than I remember.

Still Collating...

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 02, 2018, 04:22:40 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 02, 2018, 02:28:19 AM
For example, I don't want to see an adult alien soldier attacking the UPP commandos in the beginning.  They should only find the egg growing out of Bishop's entrails.

I'd have to go peak, but didn't that thing have like four arms or something? There was something off about that adult alien.

They were attacked by a face hugger, and the guy that was hugged was blown out the airlock... yet somehow two adult aliens were on board the Sulaco when it docked at Anchorpoint.

Mum must've taken a couple of kids with her on board the dropship.

"Buckle up kids. We're going for a ride"

;D

That or David put them there with his epic gag reflex of doom.

I think "David's epic gag reflex" should become the answer to all future plot holes.

SM

I am David's epic gag reflex.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 02, 2018, 08:34:39 AM
Quote from: necrotard on May 02, 2018, 06:37:49 AMI know it mostly likely isn't an adaptation of the Vincent Ward script with the wooden planet and the monks, but I would be EXTREMELY interested in seeing that.

I started re-reading that last night.

I agree it'd make for a visually stunning comic, but man... The script as a whole is so much worse than I remember.
I admit I haven't read it, I've just read broad descriptions.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: necrotard on May 02, 2018, 12:59:33 PMI admit I haven't read it, I've just read broad descriptions.

As I say, the visual aspect of it would be stunning. Pretty nonsensical, but stunning.

But when you actually get down to the plot, characters and dialogue, it surprised me with how bad it actually is. Far worse than I remember.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wooden Planet script is basically Ripley hallucinating, sitting in a cell, and wandering corridors while the interesting stuff happens when elsewhere, mostly off screen. And the Android who appears in it won't stop chattering about bread. :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

Definitely going to be buying this on it's release :)

Local Trouble

But that makes no sense.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 02, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
The Wooden Planet script is basically Ripley hallucinating, sitting 8n a cell, and wandering corridors while the interesting stuff happens when elsewhere, mostly off screen. And the Android who appears in it won't stop chattering about bread. :laugh:

Hahahahaha

SM

It's Alien 3, LT.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just now noticed that Giler and Hill are given the story credit in those scripts, even though the screenplays were written by Gibson.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/alien-3-william-gibson-1987.pdf
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/alien-3-william-gibson-1988-01.pdf

I used to think they were all Gibson.

TheBATMAN

The concept of the 'cold war' in space and the further desire of the company to weaponise and experiment on the creature was the premise that Giler and Hill wanted if I'm remembering right. Gibson based his story off this concept.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed