Daily Star Interviews Kate Dickie

Started by Darkness, Jan 13, 2012, 07:35:45 PM

Author
Daily Star Interviews Kate Dickie (Read 37,185 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a new article in Scotland’s Daily Star newspaper who spoke to Scottish actress Kate Dickie. For a small article, it actually reveals quite a lot of stuff about her character and the film’s story. Here’s the main points and you can find the scan of the newspaper below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks to Martin for the scan.

Infected

Thats real fast!
Or this movie will be very short i mean already running through the ship with them badass jockeys behind you within 28 minutes.
I really cannot make a story of this i would expected that we will get to know the crew and stuff and see a lot before the eating begins.

Bat Chain Puller

Hmm. Exciting!

28 minutes into it she's Alien meat huh? Sounds like a pretty approximate number. What are the very slim chances she has seen a cut of the film. Aliens chasing people through the halls sounds a little Alien 3-ish. Makes me wonder how it will be handled.

Darkness

Actually, I think that's from when her character first appears in the film so it won't necessary be from the moment the film starts. It could be a lot later than 30mins before this happens.

Ash 937

Ash 937

This reminds me of Alien: Resurrection.

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 13, 2012, 07:44:20 PM
Actually, I think that's from when her character first appears in the film so it won't necessary be from the moment the film starts. It could be a lot later than 30mins before this happens.

Yeah, but her job is to help re-aclimate the crew from cryo-sleep...this has to happen in the beginning of the film. 

Or maybe her character has approximately 28 minutes of screen time before she gets killed?

Either way, this still reminds me of Alien: Resurrection.

locusta

locusta

What I wonder now, is what FOX thinks of that article. It´s the first time that definitely skeleton creatures, or monsters (PLURAL!!) are mentioned and that they kill the crew.

ThisBethesdaSea

That's some majorly spoiler material....and I wonder if it's a part of the larger campaign of misinformation?

It's all very intriguing....the beans begin to spill

Skeletal eh...

hmmmm

Xenomorphine

Quote from: locusta on Jan 13, 2012, 07:53:52 PM
What I wonder now, is what FOX thinks of that article. It´s the first time that definitely skeleton creatures, or monsters (PLURAL!!) are mentioned and that they kill the crew.

It's worth keeping in mind how off the mark a lot of newspaper reports are when it comes to this sort of thing. A number of supposed exclusives to do with 'Doctor Who' come to mind... You'd be surprised at how many of these reports are almost purely the result of one of their journalists skimming forums like this and just cobbling together a few basic suppositions.

Unless it's in the form of a direct quote, treat all of the alleged facts as guesses. The 'skeletal alien monstrosities' thing is most likely just the reporter remembering Giger's original design. Looks like the actor just told them her character's name/purpose and they had some space on the resulting article to fill.

Darkness

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 13, 2012, 07:50:02 PM
Yeah, but her job is to help re-aclimate the crew from cryo-sleep...this has to happen in the beginning of the film. 

Or maybe her character has approximately 28 minutes of screen time before she gets killed?

There's the 15 minute flashback sequence which is rumoured to take place before we even see the characters. Though I still think that will take place somewhere in the middle of the movie.

[USCM]Winter

[USCM]Winter

QuoteFor starter's, it mentions that her character lasts 28 minutes in the film before an alien eats her
What did she wanted to say whit ALIEN?

csm1013

csm1013

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 13, 2012, 08:17:18 PM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 13, 2012, 07:50:02 PM

There's the 15 minute flashback sequence which is rumoured to take place before we even see the characters. Though I still think that will take place somewhere in the middle of the movie.

Aye apparently its meant to be 2001 style and show the Jockeys doing something with early humanity.

On a side note the Daily Star is not a source of reputable journalism, just good for wrapping take away food.

szkoki

szkoki

What if the film starts...then prologue...earth scenes....discovery scenes....about a 30 minutes passes then hypersleep then after 28 minutes later "aliens" appear.

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Pretty funny article.

Basically the writer pulled this information out of the fake Prometheus synopsis thats been floating around for months.  The character name "Mudow", and five years of cryo-sleep were taken from the fake fan fiction.  The only quotes from Kate have nothing to do with the movie.  Who even knows how legit the 28 minute comment is.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

1: its the daily star ffs
2: every alien movie features running from creatures in tunnels........ Not just the 4th one..... The trailer for alien was ripley running around tunnels..........from a monster ffs , have any of you actually seen an alien movie lol

:)

Parkers Bicep

The only thing that we know is true is that Morrisons has Lynx on offer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed