Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27

Started by molasar, Feb 26, 2020, 03:03:46 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Trial Weekend Starts March 27 (Read 26,100 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 26, 2020, 08:09:41 PM
I just want the P2 shoulder cannon. Just looks really nice.

Agreed. And dare I get greedy, but an inclusion of a certain spear tip dart might be nice?

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 26, 2020, 08:12:54 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 26, 2020, 07:58:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2020, 07:35:21 PM
Thoughts on the blocking?

Harrigan with the Smart Disc, Hanzo with the sword... I'm personally fine with blocking the gauntlet knives with a blade. 

I'm hoping it'll help with being able to occasionally goad some Predator players into a knife fight if you happen to be the last human player standing.  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U

Hmm.... A close combat kill has to be more points for the Predator than ranged right?  And they say the smart disc can get caught in a tree. I wonder if soldiers can recover it.

Samhain13

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 26, 2020, 08:57:51 PM
Agreed. And dare I get greedy, but an inclusion of a certain spear tip dart might be nice?

I'm hoping we'll be seeing a speargun in here! Jared seemed to rather like the Scout's rifle so perhaps...

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 26, 2020, 08:09:41 PM
I just want the P2 shoulder cannon. Just looks really nice.

Customization of the weapon appearance would be sweet! But I wonder if that's too much to include, especially with the quick turnaround on this one. Perhaps something for a future update?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 26, 2020, 07:58:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2020, 07:35:21 PM
Thoughts on the blocking?

Harrigan with the Smart Disc, Hanzo with the sword... I'm personally fine with blocking the gauntlet knives with a blade.

Yeah, me too. It's not a feature I actually expected, but am glad to see. I wonder if the block can actually fail, and the block is just brushed aside.

Xiggz456

Cool cover art!

Xeridian

is it just me or are these trailers kind of in a low resolution

SuperiorIronman

I suspect the Trial version is not going to be the completed copy. I mean obviously but....,

Hicks posted a twitter post (I presume from the event) that had the screen read "Pre-Alpha". So assuming this is what's been shown off to the public and the trial version is what's been shown at events so far I assume this isn't some sort of Beta. Which is both good and bad news because it shows some ballsy confidence that the Alpha is good enough it can be the trial version (and from what has been said so far it seems to be the case). But should something go wrong, well they put out a Pre-Alpha build into the wild and your average player might not realize this.

Now the most recent video doesn't state if it is the finished version or not but the article insinuates it's this Alpha version. That might explain the netgun animation but lets not get our hopes up.

Nameless_one

Nameless_one

I just wish it was on Steam. I'm not a fan of Epic Games predatory exclusive practices.

Voodoo Magic

Guess we'll have to wait and see

Corporal Hicks

Pre-Alpha has been at the events. The Trial is a newer build.

Kailem

Yeah I would have preferred the spear gun over the bow to be honest (which just seems a bit too "human" and cumbersome to me), but since it looks like that'll be a weapon that shoots similar projectiles and can also pin enemies to walls they might have considered including both redundant.

Would love to be proven wrong though! The spear gun was one of the most fun weapons in the old AVP's.

thexenomorphfanboy

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 27, 2020, 07:23:45 PM
Yeah I would have preferred the spear gun over the bow to be honest (which just seems a bit too "human" and cumbersome to me), but since it looks like that'll be a weapon that shoots similar projectiles and can also pin enemies to walls they might have considered including both redundant.

Honestly, I quite like the bow. You're completely right in how they're both functionally the same, so it's one or the other. But I've been wanting to see a Predator bow for some time and I've gotta say I like the addition.

Gr33n M4n

I hope they'll add a spear gun later, maybe with different ammo types?

Corporal Hicks

What kind of ammo are you thinking?

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2020, 10:16:18 AM
What kind of ammo are you thinking?

An ammo type that turns the speargun into a shotgun. AvP 1999 had something like that, albeit it was a cheat. I like the idea of giving the player more options with the weaponry we are given.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed