Lurker & Spitter Action Figures at SDCC

Started by ikarop, Jul 18, 2013, 06:54:17 AM

Author
Lurker & Spitter Action Figures at SDCC (Read 42,378 times)

Sexy Poot

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 18, 2013, 11:23:46 AM
isnt the lurker supposed to be the classic alien?

Yep. But for some reason its a AvP style warrior here... Ill get the boiler and raven but thats about it.

PRJ_since1990

Ahh my eyes!!! They burn!!! After they get painted maybe they'll look better but... Not sure if want

RoaryUK

Don't recall seeing this in the game, looks more like the classic xeno, but they had ridged heads.

Sexy Poot

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jul 18, 2013, 05:05:34 PM
Don't recall seeing this in the game, looks more like the classic xeno, but they had ridged heads.

Its SUPPOSED to be the classic one. Thats what a lurker was in the game, the original design. For some reason the action figures all messed up.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jul 18, 2013, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jul 18, 2013, 11:23:46 AM
isnt the lurker supposed to be the classic alien?

Yep. But for some reason its a AvP style warrior here... Ill get the boiler and raven but thats about it.

I'll pick up the Spitter.

And I really hope they make the Raven and Crusher.

Sexy Poot

My bad Ill get the spitter too.

PVTDukeMorrison

I'll get the spitter if I like how it comes out painted, but not the lurker, something just looks off about its face, among other things.

RagingDragon

I think they look great, and far better than their in-game counterparts. The Lurkers head looks a lot like Spike's, which I like, and I absolutely love the grey color scheme though it does seem off.

Were these already in the works back when everyone thought Gearbox would actually produce a quality product that could sell all of this merch or what? If they hadn't have screwed the game over, these could've sold well, not to mention the millions missed out on from the Wii port being cancelled.

Tribal

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 18, 2013, 06:46:21 PM
I absolutely love the grey color scheme though it does seem off.

This is not the final paintjob. The grey is just the basic color for all the PlayArts prototypes:

RagingDragon

Oh duh, okay. :laugh: Well damn I like the gray anyway lol.

Should've realized since the ones in the game are variants of blacks, greens, and browns. The spitter especially should have a nice set of greens.

Sexy Poot

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 18, 2013, 06:58:10 PM
Oh duh, okay. :laugh: Well damn I like the gray anyway lol.

Should've realized since the ones in the game are variants of blacks, greens, and browns. The spitter especially should have a nice set of greens.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

The Runner

Lurker: Oh god, looks like someone decided to rip the head off something that was similar to Giger's Alien and stuck it on the body of one of ADIs- Space Raptors.

Spitter: Remove the giant spit sac orbs, add mandibles, fix the tail, and guess what? We have a pretty dag gum good predalien.

Tribal

I want these two and more aliens please. My PlayArts Halo figures need something to battle  ;D

DaddyYautja

Dont Play Arts figure never actually look exactly like the source?

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 18, 2013, 09:25:10 PM
Dont Play Arts figure never actually look exactly like the source?

Yep.

Everything they do is like a mangá/anime version of the characters:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed